anyone whos lost over 100 pounds

Options
124»

Replies

• risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It is totally possible to lose over 100 lbs without surgery! It isn't easy, and it's lots of hard work...but soo possible and worth it. I definitely understand why people get surgery (I wanted to), but I am absolutely so happy now that I didn't. I'm almost at goal and you can see my thread with the pictures if you click the link in my signature :)
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    Thanks to OP and everyone else. I needed the encouragement from this thread tonight.

Going through a financial emergency. My 5 yo daughter and I are without car, limited computer, no phone or any money to buy food till Sept. I am sure something will come through but at this moment we're going to run out of food Thursday. She & I cannot tolerate gluten/grains/legumes so cheap foods lead to ER visits. The food banks in our area are gluten/grain centered and this is the first time things have gotten this rough since we transformed our life around the knowledge of what doesn't work. I have queries out to many resources in our community and trust that things will get better. In the past, I would have gotten depressed and just eaten 'poison'. What I have learned as I shed 103 lbs is that I have to believe a solution exists to go in search of it. If I persist, I usually find an answer.

If you want to be well and whole, you'll find your way. If I could, almost anyone can.

so glad to hear you still have faith. Its hard to do so when times get this tough, ive been here many many times. I hope things look up for you soon
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    It is totally possible to lose over 100 lbs without surgery! It isn't easy, and it's lots of hard work...but soo possible and worth it. I definitely understand why people get surgery (I wanted to), but I am absolutely so happy now that I didn't. I'm almost at goal and you can see my thread with the pictures if you click the link in my signature :)

you look wonderful, thank you for being a driving force for the rest of us to know that we can do it!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I've lost 90 and looking to lose another 40. I did this in 7 months time, no surgery.

FatPicture2.jpg

current2.jpg
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    I've lost 90 and looking to lose another 40. I did this in 7 months time, no surgery.

FatPicture2.jpg

current2.jpg

you look wonderful!!! Im always amazed how losing weight makes us all look younger as well. Great job and good luck on losing the rest!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!