It's not that difficult people!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    You know what my issue is? People who got in their situations (not talking health issues, broken bones, or whatever else can cause weight gain.), by OVER EATING all the time. I know this cause I do it. I eat too stinking much and than suddenly my pants don't fit. So we go on a diet and reduce our calorie intake and suddenly we just can't possibly eat 1,200 calories?? Really??

I mean I can understand that once in a while, you might not feel well, or whatever, but every day people are on here whining about not being able to eat all their calories.

I just don't get it. *shrugs* :)

I agree!

I think the people that cannot meet 1200 are either
    1. Following a diet in the strictest terms, thinking they have to eat nothing but plain lettuce and veggies and drink water in order to lose weight. Of course it's hard to reach 1200 on strictly veggies, and its impossible to sustain a healthy reduced calorie plan long term if you're only eating veggies that don't fill you up and you're depriving yourself of things you like.

2. I think there are a decent amount of people on here with eating disorders who are disguising themselves as overweight who need to lose (or they are overweight and think an extreme calorie reduction is the way to get results quickly).

I'm with you though, I almost never have a problem meeting my calorie goals, it's going over I have a problem with :)
    I agree with this 100%. "Dieting" does not mean eating only carrot sticks every day. Heck I had bacon wrapped meatloaf for dinner last night. It was amazing. But I learned on my way to the 34 pounds I've lost so far (13.5 with MFP) that I should only eat one or at most 2 slices, not 3/4's of the entire loaf. That's what dieting is, eating healthy means getting all of your required nutrients for the day, not cutting out high calorie foods just for the sake of cutting them out.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Where is this "search function" you speak of? Also, someone mentioned there are a lot of recipes on this site. I have not been able to find those. How do I find those?

Everyone keeps talking about the (and people world it differently) rules of this site, the way this site is set up, what this site is all about, etc etc...is there somewhere that explains what this site is all about? I don't seem to be finding some of this stuff you people speak of here.
  • PatientBear
    Options
    Where is this "search function" you speak of?

The search function is at the top of the page for the message boards. From left to right, it is HOME, RECENT POSTS, MY TOPICS, SIGNATURE AND SEARCH.
  • Honey1990
    Options
    well it does have a disclaimer at the bottom of the his post that says he is impatientbear sometimes
  • Honey1990
    Options

And for those who are attacking me because of this post, have at it. Attack me all you want. My skin is thick and you aren't going to hurt my feelings. Then, when you're done attacking me, go eat your exercise calories.
    lol i love this!!!! haha
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options

5. "Yes, I've always found taking advice from trolls to be the best method of weight loss" - Please tell me exactly what in my post makes me a troll???

Aside from the fake profile and the insulting way in which you went about delivering what could otherwise be helpful information?
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    Heck I had bacon wrapped meatloaf for dinner last night. It was amazing.

I would like to know more about this^^
    It's um... for my husband... yea~
  • tigersword
    Options
    Use whatever meatloaf recipe you feel like using (mine varies, that night it was half ground beef and ground pork, red bell pepper and vidalia onion, simple, but my brother in law was over and apparently he's rather picky) then take a half pound of center cut bacon and lay it out on some parchment paper, overlapping like shingles. form the loaf, put it on the top of the bacon, wrap the bacon around it, and then put it seam side down on a baking sheet, and bake as you normally would meatloaf. I usually bake mine on a rack on a baking sheet so any grease that comes out drips down and away, rather than a loaf pan where it just sits in the grease in the whole time.

That particular loaf was 312 calories per 3 oz slice. Not exactly healthy by any means, but as a definite lover of meat, it was glorious, and since I properly planned for it, I even had 2 slices and stayed under my calorie goal. :happy: Had a low fat breakfast, and a low fat lunch, so when it was time for high f at meatloaf I was able to fit it right in without an issue. Life and food is all about how you plan it. I don't have "cheat days" because I always plan for the not so healthy foods that I love and work them into my normal life.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    OK. I'll make a deal with the patient bear (and the other person who claims they are not optional). I will eat back my exercise calories, but you two can gain the weight that will attach itself to my body when I do. OK?
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    What I don't get is, if everything worked for the cranky bear, why he needed to do this a second time around?
  • tigersword
    Options
    I guess you missed the post where he explained that. I believe he's training for a 10k, and he missed the company of people here. There are quite a few people on this site who have reached their fitness goals that use the site to help keep track of maintenance, or just because they've made friends.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    Where is this "search function" you speak of? Also, someone mentioned there are a lot of recipes on this site. I have not been able to find those. How do I find those?

Everyone keeps talking about the (and people world it differently) rules of this site, the way this site is set up, what this site is all about, etc etc...is there somewhere that explains what this site is all about? I don't seem to be finding some of this stuff you people speak of here.
    The recipes are here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/14-recipes

And the FAQ are here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/faq
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    P.S. I liked Patient Bear's initial post. :tongue:
  • PatientBear
    Options
    I guess you missed the post where he explained that. I believe he's training for a 10k, and he missed the company of people here. There are quite a few people on this site who have reached their fitness goals that use the site to help keep track of maintenance, or just because they've made friends.

Thank you. You are exactly right. I have three triathlons and a 5K under my belt and am working on a 10K and another tri. So, I am doing just fine with my fitness and maintaining my weight.

And for the person who wants me to wear their extra weight when they eat their exercise calories....gladly. Strap it on. FYI, there is more than just me and "one other person" who knows that exercise calories are meant to be eaten.
  • PatientBear
    Options

5. "Yes, I've always found taking advice from trolls to be the best method of weight loss" - Please tell me exactly what in my post makes me a troll???

Aside from the fake profile and the insulting way in which you went about delivering what could otherwise be helpful information?

It's not a fake profile. I'm a bear. And if you consider my initial post insulting, then we probably shouldn't be friends. Bears are gruff.
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Ha! Looks like PatientBear decativated his account.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Ha! Looks like PatientBear decativated his account.
    I just noticed this myself
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    And if you understand so perfectly how it works why is this your 2nd time here??

rofl.....
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    It is an interesting post.
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    PatientBear is not patient.

My thoughts exactly!

It's hard to be patient when people don't listen. Patient Bear said it's their second time around, so I'm not sure how long they've been on MFP, but I've been here since April of 2008. I totally understand that new people may not understand the idea of exercise calories, I questioned eating them too when I first came here because I wanted to make sure I was doing it right. But it does get a little irritating to see the same question day in and day out and people have made wonderful newbie links all about it if they would just take the time to read them.

I also have no patients for people that are spreading bad information like "no you don't have to eat them, they're optional". They may be optional for you because you choose to do it that way, but they are required for the way this site is set up and if you don't want to do it that way it's fine, but don't tell people the wrong thing just because that's what you choose to do.

BTW Patient Bear, I thought it was a great post. Maybe keep that somewhere so you can just copy and paste it every time there is a question about them :)

I found it a very informational post! We all vent! there r alot of ppl on here not losing weigh the healthy way. This would be great for many ppl who r just starting & dont know what to do!