Any gamers?

Options

Replies

• Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Yep, gamer here. Favorite genre is RPG. I love the Final Fantasy series, Tales series, Star Ocean games, got the Arc the Lad collectors stuff, bought most Squaresoft games back before they merged, Dragon Quest games, love 'em all.
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I'm a old school gamer that stopped console gaming when N64 was released. I continued to play some doom, doom2 and some warcraft2. Got addicted to WoW at release and stopped playing altogether since this past Feb. I reinstalled warcraft2 2 days ago and was sad that no one was on the bnet server lol ;/ I do plan to collect all my old favorite games and to start playing the games I missed out on the older systems I missed out on.
  • PuppyBandit
    Options
    Fell in love with games when I first played Pong and been playing ever since! LOL, showing my age! I play The Sims, Nintendo Wii, Pogo, Runescape, all the Zelda Nintendo games as they came out. I tried Wow but I didn't like it very much.

Now I'm letting my love of games help me get fit. I bought a step aerobics bench and do the Wii Sports Active More Workouts step exercise plus other Wii Sports Active workouts. :)
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Fell in love with games when I first played Pong and been playing ever since! LOL, showing my age! I play The Sims, Nintendo Wii, Pogo, Runescape, all the Zelda Nintendo games as they came out. I tried Wow but I didn't like it very much.

Now I'm letting my love of games help me get fit. I bought a step aerobics bench and do the Wii Sports Active More Workouts step exercise plus other Wii Sports Active workouts. :)

I didn't think the Wii could actually be good exercise till I had an epic boxing match against my friend on Wii Boxing haha
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    very casual, and i'm more of a tabletop gamer. my husband is obsessed though and plays RPG's, table top games and stuff where he gets to blow stuff up...
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    very casual, and i'm more of a tabletop gamer. my husband is obsessed though and plays RPG's, table top games and stuff where he gets to blow stuff up...

Blowing stuff up is always fun :P
  • calliope_music
    Options

tell me about it! he's been playing Team Fortress 2 like, all day. that and some other game...but i do hear the sound effects all the way downstairs!
  • calliope_music
    Options

tell me about it! he's been playing Team Fortress 2 like, all day. that and some other game...but i do hear the sound effects all the way downstairs!
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    I too am a gamer. More casual than I'd like to be. I have more games than I play ;) Platforms, open world. RPGs ...
    All the Ratchet and Clanks, Bayonetta, RDR, Assassin's Creed, Batman, Portal (and about 10 other games ...)

I had my days of WoW. I love L4D2 but my comp is too slow to play properly.

Bf is well into League of Legends. I don't get the appeal myself.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options

I didn't think the Wii could actually be good exercise till I had an epic boxing match against my friend on Wii Boxing haha

I use EA Active 2 on my Wii for most of my workouts. Love using it for that. I almost never play games on the Wii, lol. I play games on my PC.
  • mery_dur
    mery_dur Posts: 10
    Options
    PC gamer here 
    I love RPG. My favorite game is The Witcher 
    But I also like Neverwinter nights, Dragon age, Dungeon Siege and so on ~
    Nice to see gameres on this site 
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    Yup...
    i do call of duty on the ps3 and xbox.

i cant wait for skyrim either! and deus ex, bioshock, and mass effect 3. and tons others.
    i love fallout too
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Casual WoW player .... don't have the time for it as much as I used to...
  • Piglet_26
    Piglet_26 Posts: 104
    Options
    Oooh so great to see so many gamers here!!

I'm a Pc gamer......i'd say not quite hardcore but not quite casual lol.

Love Team Fortress 2 right now but also loving Left For Dead 1 & 2, a bit of Flat Out 2 and Dirt2 and so many others. Have dipped in to the MMO's.....do enjoy them, currently trying out RIFT right now.

I also attend regular LAN parties (was at a house one this weekend) and my partner runs one of the biggest ones in Scotland www.breachlan.co.uk

BTW my Steam name is Athsine if anyone is interested in adding me :)
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Another gamer here... mostly PC games but occasionally PS3 and 360 games.

I like almost any and all types of games... RPG, FPS, RTS, MMO, Sports, Racing, Fighting, etc..

I've spent inordinate amounts of time on MMOs over the past decade (EQ1/2, SWG, WoW, etc...), but the genre has been stale to me for a while now. I'm hoping that The Old Republic will be the next game that captures my attention, as it combines two of my biggest nerd loves... Star Wars and Bioware.

I play TF2 and LoL every now and then, but haven't been playing too much of anything lately.

Skyrim, Battlefield 3, and The Old Republic are the games I am looking forward to the most this year.

I still need to finish Dragon Age 2... it felt a little too hack-n-slash for my tastes as compared to the first (which is probably my favorite game that I've played in the past couple years), but still enjoyable so far.

Feel free to add! (PS this is also my steam name)
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    my biggest nerd loves... Star Wars and Bioware.

after my own heart
  • ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    WoW, Final Fantasy, Dragon Age, Oblivion (also can't wait 'til Skyrim!) Guild Wars, Team Fortress 2, Age of Empires, Sims... but as you can imagine mostly WoW. XD Cheaper for the whole month than going out every night, which is good when you're a student!
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    @jmac2point0ne Retro games are still fun :)
    MAME is the name of the game...s...LOL
  • Trev87
    Trev87 Posts: 9
    Options
    WoW, Dragon Age, Morrowind and Oblivion (love the elder scrolls) Baldurs Gate (My first ever rpg for the pc) Subspace/continuum (oldest online multiplayer game-Extreme games) Dawn of war II. That's some of the pc games i play
    Ps3- Black ops, Mw2 (can't wait for mw3) resistance 2, Army of 2, resident evil, Blur, AC2 and ACB, Killzone 2 and 3.
    Psn- Lifeline1987 if you want to play anything =] (i'm like super duper pro at black ops ;) )

So ya, not much of a gamer.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    LOTRO right now, in the past I have run a SG in City of Heroes (like a guild in most other MMORPG's), played WoW for a while, hated it, to many kids on it. Guild wars for a long time, Eve Online for a while, and various other PC online games, was an original Star Craft geek, back in my college days, climbed the ladder pretty far actually, but just couldn't get into SC2, I guess I've changed. I have max level alts in LOTRO, and play about every other day for about 2 hours. So I guess you'd call me casual to semi-serious.