Any gamers?

Options

Replies

• beginswithb
    Options
    WoW addict here. :P

I also enjoy Sims 3, Dragon Age, LOTRO, old NES/N64, and plan to play Star Wars: The Old Republic when it comes out. I prefer MMORPGs but Left 4 Dead owned me so hard when it came out. Zombies? YES PLEASE.
  • erinduncan4
    Options
    Minecraft and TF2 mostly(:

add me on steam anyone? ErinBuberin
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    Was playing RDR last night ... I miss playing games. I should more often.

I need to try out Oblivion. Bf is playing Morrowind atm and I hear a lot of hype about Skyrim.

Can't wait for the new LOTR game, Deus Ex, ACreed3 and BATMAN!!!
  • Piglet_26
    Piglet_26 Posts: 104
    Options
    Love Aion (mmo) , Bioshock2, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 have a Wii and play Dead Space, Chopping Mall

Ooooh I played Aion from closed beta, had to cancel my account recently due to lack of funds but tbh I was starting loose a lot of my life to it so probably did me a favor lol.

oh out of interest did anyone add me on steam yesterday as I had a random friend request but dont know who it was lol
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    Going against the trend in this thread: I am NOT a pc gamer! But I love my 360, 3DS and Wii :) Zelda games, professor layton, paper mario are all my favorites though I do play more "manly" games such as red dead redemption, gta4, etc

I'm in the same boat. Mainly consoles and 3DS. Love Zelda and Professor Layton. :)
  • ritamerlot
    ritamerlot Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    WOW sucked me in a few years ago...
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    WoW fan...lol my whole family seems to play...
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Love Aion (mmo) , Bioshock2, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 have a Wii and play Dead Space, Chopping Mall

Ooooh I played Aion from closed beta, had to cancel my account recently due to lack of funds but tbh I was starting loose a lot of my life to it so probably did me a favor lol.

oh out of interest did anyone add me on steam yesterday as I had a random friend request but dont know who it was lol

If it was "xBlamo" then it was me. I think I remember adding some people recently.
  • Caseyanna
    Options
    Secondlife... lol does that count? Trying to get back into it since Fall is quickly approaching and my bf will be out hunting every day after work.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Oooh so great to see so many gamers here!!

I'm a Pc gamer......i'd say not quite hardcore but not quite casual lol.

Love Team Fortress 2 right now but also loving Left For Dead 1 & 2, a bit of Flat Out 2 and Dirt2 and so many others. Have dipped in to the MMO's.....do enjoy them, currently trying out RIFT right now.

I also attend regular LAN parties (was at a house one this weekend) and my partner runs one of the biggest ones in Scotland www.breachlan.co.uk

BTW my Steam name is Athsine if anyone is interested in adding me :)

Will add you to my Steam!
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Recovering WoW addict here. Quit 8 mo. Ago.

Does any remember the old school Sierra RPG/adventure games like kings quest, space quest, and quest for glory?
    LOVED THOSE!!!! I still play them on DOSbox.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    GAMER!!

Since you like RPG's, I recommend Dragon Age or Dragon Age 2. I'm on my 3rd play through of DA2.

Also, Skyrim comes out in November. Looks like it will be great.

Really DA2? You did not find it an overblown list of side quests?

I seem to be one of those rare people that like DA2 better than DAO. I LOVED DAO, but I really enjoyed what was improved in DA2, enough to overlook its faults.

My biggest gripe is the re-use of maps for caves/interior buildings. Definitely was a lazy move.

I didn't find the side quests any more irritating than some in DAO, though, it was lame to not have a story/point to the ones where you just gave someone an item back.

I liked that the story was different, more intimate. I liked playing a character who was a nobody and became somebody in one city, plus also being part of major events in the DA world. I liked the change from the "save the entire world from major catastrophe" that most RPGs are. A different pace.

I love the improvements in graphics and companion interactions. I admit much of my play throughs are to make sure I hear all the companion banter. Cracks me up to no end.

DA2 isn't perfect by any means, but it has more replay value for me than DAO (I haven't gotten through a second replay on that one).
  • mrmurfman
    Options
    wow
  • CelticBhoy94
    Options
    XBOX 360 and PS3 gamer. MOH , COD , BFBC2 , Dyansty Warriors 6. Bsically anything with action!!
  • greatdragon
    Options
    CS, EQ2 Starcraft, Starcraft 2 just about any FPS and more
  • CelticBhoy94
    Options
    I was "clean" from WoW for three months, but I had a slip and am playing again! lol

It is really addictive. People think smoking is addictive , try playing WOW
  • CelticBhoy94
    Options
    Sims, Harvest Moon (yes a guilty pleasure), Civilization, Final Fantasy Franchise (with a few embarassingly bad ones in the middle)

Civilization is amazing :)
  • Sion73
    Sion73 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I play WOW. Brilliant game. I do agree with other posters about how addictive it is, but it's not like smoking or over eating, it's just fun to do and the styles of all MMORPG's is goal based. The more you play it, the quicker you reach your goals (we all have goals in life and in games).
  • CelticBhoy94
    Options
    Yup...
    i do call of duty on the ps3 and xbox.

i cant wait for skyrim either! and deus ex, bioshock, and mass effect 3. and tons others.
    i love fallout too

what's your gamertag?
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    I was "clean" from WoW for three months, but I had a slip and am playing again! lol

It is really addictive. People think smoking is addictive , try playing WOW

LOL it sure is... but I love my friends on there as much as I do my friends here. I've even talked a few into joining me in getting fit.