how much weight have you lost, and in how much time?

Options
smkcx♥
smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
I've set a goal for my birthday (9/18) to be atleast 10lbs lighter (although i'd love to lose 15lbs!) Im trying to be realistic.

How much have you lost?
How long did it take?
On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week?

Replies

• gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost? 82lbs
    How long did it take? 8mnths
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? sometimes yes and sometimes no...last week i lost 4 lbs and sometimes i lose 1 lb..it all depends

Good luck!
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? sometimes yes and sometimes no...last week i lost 4 lbs and sometimes i lose 1 lb..it all depends

Good luck!

wow? 4lbs! if you dont mind me asking, what was your starting weight? Mine was 210lbs (5'4 «--I thought I was 5'6 and was just measured not too long ago. aint that sad.)
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've set a goal for my birthday (9/18) to be atleast 10lbs lighter (although i'd love to lose 15lbs!) Im trying to be realistic.

How much have you lost? 46 lbs
    How long did it take? October will be 2 years
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? sometimes yes, sometimes no. I had almost a year where I was stuck at 30-35 lbs lost....I just lost and gained those 5 lbs over and over again. Then it started coming off again and now I'm making progress again but it slow going. I don't say that to discourage you, but just to let you know that for some of us it does take a little longer.
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost? -- 51lbs
    How long did it take? --7 - 8 mos..
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? Not always, but the last 2 wks Ive lost 6+.
  • megansmom311
    Options
    I've lost 46 pounds in 4 months. Some weeks I lose 3 pounds, some weeks I lose zero pounds, and some weeks I'll gain a pound.

Good luck!! :smile:
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    weight loss: 30 pounds
    time frame: one year

MFP weight loss: 17 pounds
    MFP time frame: 3.5 months

(all of which were healthy weight BMI)
    from BMI of like 23 to 19.3
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    100 pounds in 10 1/2 months.
    I did lose more than 2 pounds a week fairly regularly, but not on purpose -- I tried to keep it at 2 or under as losing more quickly than that is often unhealthy.

If you are just starting and have a lot to lose, you're more likely to drop the first 15 or so more quickly, partly because a lot of it is water weight. If you've been doing this for a while and don't have a huge amount to lose, it isn't healthy or realistic to go for such a rapid loss.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I have lost 77 lbs
    I started last july so it has taken me 13 months
    some weeks I have lost 4 lbs and some weeks I havent lost any, it just depends. but most weeks I have lost at least 1/2 a lb

just keep doing your best and dont give up, you will get there
  • HisBeloved65
    Options

How much have you lost?
    How long did it take?
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week?

Ive been doing this 16 weeks. Lost 19 lbs. A good pace for me a little over 1 lb a week. This may take me longer but I am getting strong, learning to see food differently and my energy level is through the roof!
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    101lbs, 8 months. Don't ask how. My story is in my signature if you would like to know. :smile:
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Read an article a while back about how the slower you lose the more likely you are to keep it off.

I've lost 27 lbs in 11 months. (But I took a month off for a health scare)

2 lbs past my goal of 150, just switched my goal to 145.

I don't care how long it takes me to lose. Gaining it back scares me, when I see all the health problems in my family made worse by weight. I'll go slow if it means I can keep it off.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    i lost about 10kg. (20.2lbs)
    it took about 2months.
  • justimogen
    Options
    How much have you lost? 45.9 pounds
    How long did it take? Under 12 weeks
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? Yes, but I started out with over 200 pounds to lose.
  • sistermooooon
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm 39 yrs old, and started my weight loss on 7/12/2011 at 266lbs (I'm 5'6). On 8/12 I weighed-in at 239lbs. 27 pounds lost!! I've been walking 2 to 3&1/2 miles a day about 4 days a week and I do some cardio and crunches and squats about 4-5 times a week. I'm trying to stay between 1200-1700 calories a day, depending on how much I've burned. Good luck to you! It can be done! A mom of 3 kids, and started on 4 blood pressure pills is doing it too!! :)
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options

Good luck!

wow? 4lbs! if you dont mind me asking, what was your starting weight? Mine was 210lbs (5'4 «--I thought I was 5'6 and was just measured not too long ago. aint that sad.)

lets just say that it was higher than yours :tongue:
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    How much have you lost? 34
    How long did it take? 4 months
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? I cut my salt intake and dropped 6 pounds in one week. Most of the time, it's just about 1.8 pounds a week. I've been doing a lot of weight and resistance band training - so I've been toning and building muscle - which has been more important for me. I've gone from 25.3% muscle to 29.6% muscle. According to my fancy schmancy scale that I splurged for!
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    yea, i think i have a lot to lose. when i found out I was pregnant last year, my doctor informed me (in a nice way) that I was considered obese and then after I had my son he told me he'd like to see me lose 50-60lbs.

I'm 5'4 and 202lbs :) 8lbs lost!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    50 lbs since joining mfp on Jan 24th to present date.
    17 lbs before that from sometime in November 2011 to Jan 24, 2012.

67 lbs total, 15 more to go *S*
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    How much have you lost? 34
    How long did it take? 4 months
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? I cut my salt intake and dropped 6 pounds in one week. Most of the time, it's just about 1.8 pounds a week. I've been doing a lot of weight and resistance band training - so I've been toning and building muscle - which has been more important for me. I've gone from 25.3% muscle to 29.6% muscle. According to my fancy schmancy scale that I splurged for!

congrats! well this starting week ill be working out 2x a week at the school gym (I'm starting college this fall) so its free and im hoping that I lose alot of weight from that. Even though i've lost 8lbs so far, I havent really been "excercising" =/ So im hoping I can shed 10lbs before my birthday.
  • smkcx♥
    Options

Good luck!

lets just say that it was higher than yours :tongue:

I'm sorry, didnt mean to put you on the spot or anything! but you've done wonderfully!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!