how much weight have you lost, and in how much time?

Options

Replies

• Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've lost 38 lbs in 7 months. I probably could've lost more but I slack on exercise.
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost? 45.9 pounds
    How long did it take? Under 12 weeks
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? Yes, but I started out with over 200 pounds to lose.

oh wow congrats!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    23 pounds in 5 months....actually feels a little fast :) TAKE IT SLOWLY and your body will be able to accept it.

cheers!
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    23 pounds in 5 months....actually feels a little fast :) TAKE IT SLOWLY and your body will be able to accept it.

cheers!

i'm so impatient! i'm going to nashville, tn for thanksgiving and I want to be able to buy new clothes there (b/c I live in a town where we have 5 dollarstores and thats as close as your getting to buying clothes! lol which never have anything cute in my size. grrr) so i want to buy new clothes when i go to nashville -- and im really hoping by then i've lost some weight lol
  • justimogen
    Options
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? Yes, but I started out with over 200 pounds to lose.

oh wow congrats!
    Thank you! :)
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Started 3/11/11 and have lost 61# to date :)
  • smkcx♥
    Options

oh wow congrats!
    Thank you! :)

:D your welcome!
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    Started 3/11/11 and have lost 61# to date :)

oh wow you've done amazing! that's 61lbs in 5mths! congrats!!!
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost? ~~~ 30
    How long did it take? ~~~~ almost 2 months
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? ~~~~~ yes i do....but i have A LOT to lose, and just shows how unhealthy i WAS eating......still got A LONG way to go!
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    How much have you lost? ~~~ 30
    How long did it take? ~~~~ almost 2 months
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? ~~~~~ yes i do....but i have A LOT to lose, and just shows how unhealthy i WAS eating......still got A LONG way to go!

CONGRATS!!!!!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost? 38 lbs.
    How long did it take? 8 months
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? When I first started off, the weight came off quickly. Now it really depends on what I've done that week. Lol! I've lost anywhere from 0-1.5lbs a week since I got rid of my first 15 lbs.
  • juliapurpletoes
    Options
    Hi smkcx!

You are a young girl who know doubt could starve herself thin very quickly - believe me I've been there! Please -please think and be smart.....with only 50 or so to lose, a pound a week is about as fast as you should go. Really - any faster, you are just setting yourself up for a re-gain.

What ever you do now, make your eating habits sustainable. Those calories and foods you could live the rest of your life on, in otherwords.

I have friends who have 100+ to lose and they can lose at 2 pounds plus per week because they have alot of body fat to use as reserves (they can creat a large deficit). You cannot!

Be smart and be safe - all the best! And, don't worry - you WILL get all those beautiful new clothes you desire :)
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    Hi smkcx!

You are a young girl who know doubt could starve herself thin very quickly - believe me I've been there! Please -please think and be smart.....with only 50 or so to lose, a pound a week is about as fast as you should go. Really - any faster, you are just setting yourself up for a re-gain.

What ever you do now, make your eating habits sustainable. Those calories and foods you could live the rest of your life on, in otherwords.

I have friends who have 100+ to lose and they can lose at 2 pounds plus per week because they have alot of body fat to use as reserves (they can creat a large deficit). You cannot!

Be smart and be safe - all the best! And, don't worry - you WILL get all those beautiful new clothes you desire :)

Thanks and I doubt im going to starve myself thin, I done lost weight the wrong way (ate once a day -- lost 80lbs, but when i started eating again i gained 30lbs of it back.) So this site is pretty much helping me to eat 1200 calories (its insane how little i ate when I first started using this site, apparently my body was hoarding everything i ate -- I lived off soda and 1 very fatty, big meal a day) now I eat for every meal and etc. I'm trying to do it right this time around.
  • juliapurpletoes
    Options
    So glad to know! :)
  • smkcx♥
    Options
    So glad to know! :)

I didnt mean to make my post sound rude! lol im definitely just trying to do it better this time around, I did it the wrong way once and I definitely learned my lesson! but just eating one meal a day I was losing weight fast so I didnt care -- but even though I did lose all that weight, I still never looked good cuz i was eating all the wrong things and all that soda! lol so even though I weigh 30lbs heavier now, I look better than I did after I lost my 80lbs -- aint that sad? lol!
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Love this post! So encouraging! Thanks everyone :D
  • alimoll
    alimoll Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost? 20 lbs
    How long did it take? 2.5 months
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? Sometimes yes.....sometimes no! LOL

Hang in there! You can do this!
  • Gennawest
    Gennawest Posts: 171
    Options
    90 lbs in 7 months.
  • Gennawest
    Gennawest Posts: 171
    Options
    90 lbs in 7 months.

I average 2.8 lbs a week.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    72.6lbs since the beginning of April.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!