how much weight have you lost, and in how much time?

Options

Replies

• rob504
    rob504 Posts: 79
    Options
    77lbs in 5 1/2 months. So, 2-3lbs per week.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost?
    How long did it take?
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week?

In 2005 I weighed 336 pounds and lost 145 pounds in 10 months. I did it all wrong though; was starving myself and doing 90 minutes of cardio per day. Lost a ton of muscle and it was impossible to maintain.
    This time I was at 257 pounds on the first Tuesday of April and decide a lifestyle change was in order; something that didn't seem like a punishment and something I could maintain for the rest of my life.
    I have lost 49 pounds in slightly less than 18 weeks which I believe is 2.7 pounds per week. Not too bad considering the strength training I am doing has lessened my average loss.
    Best wishes to all of you on your efforts and keep up the positive attitude.
  • albali
    albali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later.
  • albali
    albali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    OMG! k2d4p on page 1! Just read your blog! You are amazing. I am going to put your blog on my favourites list so I can read it over and over. What an inspiration you are. Thank you.
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    51 pounds in just over 4 months, i am averaging 2 pounds per week but like some others on here, I have had GREAT WEEKS and I had 2 bad weeks
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    how much lost? 30 lbs
    how long? 1 year
    2 lbs/week? nope, only lost 5lbs in 8 months while i was living in a dorm during my first year of university. i've lost 15lbs in the last 3 months!
  • ashesoh1234
    ashesoh1234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 32 pounds in ten weeks
    Averages out to about 3 lbs a week, but some weeks it's one lb, some weeks more. One week I lost 4.8 lbs. But, I have a lot to lose (probably about 45-50 lbs more), so I figure I'm at that initial stage where it comes off a bit faster
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost? 25 pounds
    How long did it take? 8 months
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? No because I did not have that much to lose in the first place.. I lost about a pound a week, sometimes more sometimes less.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost?
    69 pounds as of last Tuesday

How long did it take?
    19 months

On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week?
    Not quite... Last year, I did average about 1.5 pounds per week but there were definitely ups and downs. I'd lose a pound or two each week, then stall for a couple weeks, then lose 4 pounds, then lose a pound, etc etc. Since joining MFP in March and getting back on track, I'm averaging just under 1 pound per week.

Good luck!
  • Positive_Energy73
    Positive_Energy73 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Since joinging MFP, I've lost 5 lbs. I began the program in mid-July, so I've lost about 1 lb a week.
  • neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost? 75lbs
    How long did it take? I started 27th august 2010 so nearly a year. I have had probably 6weeks of maintenance throughout that period over Christmas and holidays.

Usually lose 1.7-1.8lbs a week but sometimes can be as much as 3-4lbs or as little as 0.5lb! I lost more per week at the beginning.

Edit to add- I lost 25lbs before joining mfp in jan 2011 losing a further 50lbs
  • Positive_Energy73
    Positive_Energy73 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost? 5 lbs
    How long did it take? 1 month
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? Nope, although I'd love to!! :happy:
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    23 lbs lost in just under 5 mths. I'm down to my last 2 lbs tho. I lost most of my weight the first 2mths and its taken me 3 mths to lose this last 10. My first 3 weeks I lost 3lbs a week and then it dropped down to around 1 lb a week after that. Good luck!
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    28llbs 5 months from 140llbs to 112llbs
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post - this information is very helpful. Gives me more realistic expectations.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    22 lbs in 2 years. Not great by any standards but I started with consistent exercise (cardio and weights) and got into that routine for about 1.5 years. Then I decided to buckle down on my diet and in the last 2 months on mfp I lost 10 of those lbs. :-)
  • lauraparr
    lauraparr Posts: 112
    Options
    hey..
    lost 72lb in 7 months.. my average is just over 2lb I think but my top loss is 5lb in a week and the most ive gained is 1/2 lb. but i've lost every week apart from 2 :)
    starting weigh was 261lb and i'm 189 now.. here's my pics so far :) xxxxx

me.jpg

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]9646626.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    in 72 days... i have lost 31.4 pounds... and my average is im not sure...
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    How much have you lost? 93 lbs
    How long did it take? 14 weeks
    On average do you lose more than 2lbs a week? Yes, but I was 170lbs overweight, and lost 23lbs in the first two weeks. Since then it has slowed to between 3 and 6 lbs a week. The funny thing is that I really haven't done anything crazy. I still eat, as you check out my food diary you'll see that. I don't believe in low carb, or any other special diets, just common sense as far as not eating a lot of the things that are bad for me, and eating a lot of things that I know are good for me. :happy:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I have lost 27 pounds in 32 weeks. That's just under 1 pound a week, partially due to the fact that I eat at maintenance for 1 week, every 3 months. This helps reset my leptin levels and keep me sane. Obviously, I do not expect to lose anything during those weeks (2 of them so far this year).

Note: I started at 177 and currently weigh 150. Goal is 135.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!