ideas for super low-calorie, filling snacks?

Options

Replies

• Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I like to make what I call Pumpkin Fluff. I got the recipe right here at MFP right after I joined this past October. I have been eating it almost everyday since.

How I make it:

1 - 15.5 oz. can Pumpkin
    8oz. Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt
    1 - tea. Cinnamon
    ¼ - tea. Ground Cloves
    ¼ - tea. Ground Ginger
    15 packets Splenda

I mix it all together and keep it in the frig.
    Makes 6 - 4oz. Servings
    Each Serving is 50 Calories

That 1 - 4oz serving is very satisfying and I am not hungry. It’s a really good snack. Since I have started eating it I have quit eating the 100 calorie pack snack cookies and crackers and besides it is better for me also. It’s a good thing lol :bigsmile:
    :flowerforyou:
  • xsekcwonx
    Options
    I put Ken's Hot Sauce on Celery. It is so good, I could eat the entire thing of celery.. thats better then it just plain
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Light Whipped topping...put it in the freezer and you have creamy mousse/ice cream. so good.
  • betterme
    betterme Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Everyday for a snack in the mid-late afternoon I have an apple with one of those Laughing Cow light swiss cheese wedges. Together this is 107 calories. I slice up the apple and dip it in the cheese. It is super filing and satisfying.
  • onehotmama1
    Options
    light whip topping, sugar-free cheesecake jello pudding mix 1 cup skim milk... great as a fruit dip or to get me through the gotta have cheesecake days!!!:love:
  • NSweet
    NSweet Posts: 2
    Options
    raw natural almonds:drinker:
  • Tanya761
    Tanya761 Posts: 146
    Options
    Bump
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    cucumbers
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I cut a giant strawberry up into 42 pieces, and chew very slowly....lol, not really, I actually just eat, if i'm hungry
    I know my body is screaming at me for nourishment, so I comply, usually with something high in fibre! fills you up nicely.
  • czarina127
    czarina127 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Veggies and salsa. Who needs corn chips when you have carrots, celery, green peppers?
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    cabbage sauteed with a little toasted sesame oil and an onion...I could live off it!!!!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    1 tall glass of milk w/ nestle sugarless chocolate powder flavor....MMMMM MMMM good!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    2 Sargento Light String Cheese snacks
    1 c baby carrots with 2 Tbsp hummus
    1 1/4 oz turkey jerky
    1 c vegetable juice, such as V8
    2 oz Oscar Mayer oven-roasted turkey breast

all 100 calories each......
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    popcorn or rice cakes
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    i suck on sugar free candy. 25 cals for 3. kerr's mint or fruit drops. when i'm running out of cals. that's it!:wink:
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    Curves 90 calorie microwave popcorn bags

yogurt fruit parfait

blueberries
  • deb_ge
    deb_ge Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yummie! I live in Thailand so all of these things are easily available, including the chili paste...sometimes I steam a bunch with a dash of soup broth powder...msg free, though
  • mlmanney
    mlmanney Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I love to have a pear or a small apple with a piece of babybel light cheese...gives me the sweet and the salty...I also love the two different textures...so yummy!
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    All bran flakes 1 cup, with one cup Unsweetened Almond breeze is 150 calories of filling fiber goodness! I also enjoy raw veggies, chicken broth with veggies like brocooli and cauliflour. Also watermelon, snap peas, boiled cabbage, canned peas&carrots. and or if I have extra calories I always enjoy a refreshing ice cold beer! :bigsmile:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Carrots. My mom ate carrots alot when she was pregnant with me and it stuck. I could eat carrots all day.
    Grapes. 20 green grapes are about 20 calories, and if you freeze them first ( don't try it with purple ones!!!) they seem to last even longer and are kind of like mini popsicles.
    Oatmeal with splenda/cinnamon and a couple raisins. I end up with a couple hundred calories to play with at the end of the day and it's like a oatmeal cookie (YUM!)

Why not purple, I freeze them all the time? The are expensive in winter, so I stock up in the summer.