Fidelity

Options

Replies

• anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    If you're not faithful it's not a relationship.

^ Truth!!!
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I've been faithful to my 3-year boyfriend (now fiance). I cheated in a past relationship, and was tortured over it constantly. Not worth it. If I didn't want to be faithful, I'd end the relationship.
  • kault
    kault Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Married 14 year and faithful.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    2 years married TODAY and almost 13 years dating and faithful <3
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Faithful
    over a year and a half

and its an LDR!
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options

exactly! at least some ppl have some morals still!
  • anthony438
    Options

exactly! at least some ppl have some morals still!

Hey, I'm faithful, but lets not go and call it"moral"

That sets a standard that, quite frankly, I have no intention of actually meeting. :laugh:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    choosing to avoid relationships at this point in my life... not sure i could do the monogamy thing in the near future.

that said, i've never in my life been a jealous person, even when married. there is no double standard with me, but i'm discovering just how foreign a concept it is for a woman (or man) to not be jealous.

i respectfully disagree with the "If you're not faithful it's not a relationship" comment as well. but i'll save that one for another time...
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options

^ My Hero.
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Your all babys in the faithful league.40 years married and still faithful on both sides,whats the point of being together if you cheat.Hes everything,friend lover and partner.I can honestly say that I have no interest at all in other males he is and always will be my soulmate.:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Two observations.

1. Statistically, there is a much higher percentage of fidelity in MFP than in the real world. Hmmmmm

2. People are answering for their mates. How can you be so sure?
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    The last relationship I was in was a long distance relationship. I was completely faithful even though I could have been unfaithful and he would have never known about it. That's not the kiind of person I am though. My beloved George passed away several years ago and I still miss him. :cry:
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Faithful to Dear Hubby for 8 years (including 2 years of dating).
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Two observations.

1. Statistically, there is a much higher percentage of fidelity in MFP than in the real world. Hmmmmm

my thoughts exactly.
  • efokken
    efokken Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would be IF I were in one....:ohwell:
  • anthony438
    Options
    Two observations.

For point #1, it could be that the people who haven't been faithful don't want to post, due to the public nature of these boards. That could very easily skew the results.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    4 years and counting. I would never start up anything with a person while i was in a relationship.If i started a relationship with them I could never trust them fully and trust is very important to me. I would rather be alone.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Two observations.

I was noticing that. Also, define fidelity? Actual sex would count for almost everyone but what about cybersex, sexting, etc.? What about an emotional affair? You know "the office spouse", etc. Many people don't consider that cheating while others do.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I am no longer married, but was faithful. Statistically/Technically, whatever, he did cheat.

But really that's neither here nor there - our marriage was over no matter what.

HOWEVER, the skag he had an affair with (and still is) IS married. She's been cheating for 3 years now with my ex-husband. She was with another man prior to that for 2.5 years.

WHY does she not get a divorce??? That's what baffles me. Having a one night stand (as one poster's husband did) is something a marriage may be able to survive given enough love and a lot of work. But these relationships outside of marriage? Baffling. I have no words.

And I hate that woman with a passion, for the record.