Replies

• Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    :love: 21 years - first marriage, 19 this one
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    And I'm sure the people that have had an affair are eager to post "ME!!!" in a public forum *LOL* I think we can all agree, statistics are not going to be proven valid here...
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    And I'm sure the people that have had an affair are eager to post "ME!!!" in a public forum *LOL* I think we can all agree, statistics are not going to be proven valid here...

Particularly if they are still in the relationship! Talk about the trouble that would start!
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    I am no longer married, but was faithful. Statistically/Technically, whatever, he did cheat.

But really that's neither here nor there - our marriage was over no matter what.

HOWEVER, the skag he had an affair with (and still is) IS married. She's been cheating for 3 years now with my ex-husband. She was with another man prior to that for 2.5 years.

WHY does she not get a divorce??? That's what baffles me. Having a one night stand (as one poster's husband did) is something a marriage may be able to survive given enough love and a lot of work. But these relationships outside of marriage? Baffling. I have no words.

And I hate that woman with a passion, for the record.

I would too. Sorry my friend :(
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Will be married for 2 years on August 28! Been faithful and will continue to be faithful! :drinker:
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Two observations.

1. Statistically, there is a much higher percentage of fidelity in MFP than in the real world. Hmmmmm

2. People are answering for their mates. How can you be so sure?

I was noticing that. Also, define fidelity? Actual sex would count for almost everyone but what about cybersex, sexting, etc.? What about an emotional affair? You know "the office spouse", etc. Many people don't consider that cheating while others do.

I was wondering that myself.

People have different definitions of what would constitute cheating.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Faithful! 25+ years

I forgot the 10+ faithful from my first marriage (ended not because of any fidelity issues).
  • AshDHart
    Options
    Two observations.

1. Statistically, there is a much higher percentage of fidelity in MFP than in the real world. Hmmmmm

2. People are answering for their mates. How can you be so sure?

I was noticing that. Also, define fidelity? Actual sex would count for almost everyone but what about cybersex, sexting, etc.? What about an emotional affair? You know "the office spouse", etc. Many people don't consider that cheating while others do.

My husband and I meet online 17+ years ago. He proposed before we meet in person. For us cybersex, emotional affairs, etc would do the same damage to the relationship. Others would do that and swear up and down they are not cheating. It all depends on the people involved.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options

Person A: If you have sex, any sex with someone else...it's cheating. Chat sex? Cheating! Sexting? Cheating! Phone sex? Cheating! Chat room shenanigans? Cheating....

Person B: Left, Left, Up, Down, Right, Right, B, A, Select, Start.

;-)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the repsonses. Celebrating my 19th Anniversary today.

For the record, I have been faithful

There is only one Road Dog. And in the last 19 years, only one woman has Rode Dog.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Faithful to Dear Hubby for 8 years (including 2 years of dating).

If you want me to include my first marriage (even though I don't count it as a marriage,
    because he was an abusive jerk)... I was faithful for 2 1/2 years until I
    finally had the courage to divorce him.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options

There is only one Road Dog. And in the last 19 years, only one woman has Rode Dog.

Happy anniversary! :drinker:
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options

Happy Anniversary and many many more to you both!! :)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I have been.... Can't say the same for the hubby, 4 weeks after I delivered our 3rd he had a one night stand with someone that resulted in a kid.... Been a rough couple of years...

Been there. Except mine went home to shower while I was IN the hospital and took way long to come back, was late getting the birth certificate signed because he was hooking up with a girl I had been hanging out with. Sadly, I let him do that several times before learning my lesson.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Faithful for 37 yrs
  • AshDHart
    Options

Happy Anniversary to you both!
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options

;-)

CLASSIC!!!!

except it`s

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select, Start
  • xXxKayleighxXx
    Options
    I've always been faithful.

I've been with my current boyfriend 15 months and he is the love of my life. There won't be anybody else and i am overjoyed.

If my other half cheated, that would be the worst thing they could do to me. I couldn't stay in the relationship because i would constantly be doubting myself and him. If i felt enough for someone else that i was willing to make a move on it, then i would end the relationship.

Congratulations Road Dog and all you other happy bunnies out there xx
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options

;-)

CLASSIC!!!!

except it`s

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select, Start

THAT's why I could never get past Level 40! Going to go try that tonight!!
  • bitabee
    bitabee Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Proudly faithful!! My husband is all I need, there's no other!
    Happy Anniversary, RoadDog!