What was your wedding song and why?

Options

Replies

• Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    The song I walked down the aisle was "from this moment" by shania twain. The lyrics are so perfect and beautiful!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Could I Have This Dance by Anne murray

I'll always remember the song they were playin',
    The first time we danced and I knew,
    As we swayed to the music and held to each other,
    I fell in love with you.

Could I have this dance for the rest of my life?
    Would you be my partner every night?
    When we're together, it feels so right.

I'll always remember that magic moment,
    When I held you close to me.
    'Cause we moved together, I knew forever,
    You're all I'll ever need

• Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Could I Have This Dance by Anne murray

I'll always remember the song they were playin',
    The first time we danced and I knew,
    As we swayed to the music and held to each other,
    I fell in love with you.

I'll always remember that magic moment,
    When I held you close to me.
    'Cause we moved together, I knew forever,
    You're all I'll ever need

i LOVE this song!!!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Our first dance was "In Your Eyes" by Jeffrey Gaines (better known by Peter Gabriel).

The song from the first word to the last word describes our relationship. WIthout eachother we were lost, we didn't see the beauty in things.

I walked down the aisle to Canon in D, and we walked out as a married couple to DMB's Everyday. =)
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Our wedding songs were "Spend My Life With You" by Eric Benet and Tamia and "Ribbon In The Sky" by Stevie Wonder. We would have sang to each other but, I was way too emotional that day.
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Our wedding song (our first dance) was "Longer", although I can't remember who it was by...that was over 30 years ago! But for our 25th anniversary, we had a big party and our first dance was Shania Twain "Your Still the One". The lyrics are "they said I'll bet, they'll never make it but just look at us now."

We got married at 19 amid a lot of controversy, (his parents were dead set against it, mine thought we would be OK) and his mother did everything she could to break us up-including calling my aunt to see if she could "talk some sense into me". Even now, 30 years and 5 kids later, his mother still says we made a mistake getting married so young!

31 yrs later that is my mom and dad's song (Your still the one")!! They got married at 15 and 17. After my my brother passed(he was premature) both sets of parents said they should get divorced and go back to being teens. When they wouldn't everyone kept telling them they would never make it!!
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My husband and I got married May 13, 2006 and for our unity candle song we had, N SYNC's "This I promise you" and everyone at our wedding was in tears by the end of the song, it was amazing!

Then when we walked away as husband and wife it was All for One's 'I do" :heart:

I love NSYNC!!!
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    We were married in 2002 and our first dance song was "Earth Angel" by the Penguins. We chose it because we had a 50s style diner complete with table top juke box selections and every time we would have a meal there, he'd play it for me.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm not married or engaged, but our song is "Stuck On You" by Sugarland :D
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    'Grow old with you' by Adam Sandler.... romantic and funny-which is my husband and our marriage to a tee!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    We had Storybook Love (the theme from The Princess Bride) played by a string quartet as I walked into the ceremony. It's my favourite film and the music is very romantic :) During the signing of the register the string quartet played Nothing Else Matters by Metallica, and as we exited they played the throne room music from the end of Star Wars Episode IV (A New Hope). For our first dance we had Wake Up by Coheed & Cambria (our favourite band).
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I got married last November.

We had three songs at the Register Office: "I finally found someone" Barbra Streisand & Bryan Adams as we walked down into the room; "Det Vackraste" Dana Dragomir (instrumental) as we signed the register; and "Nobody Does It Better" Carly Simon as we posed for photos after getting hitched.

However, our wedding song, our first dance, was "This Guy's In Love With You" Herb Alpert which still brings a tear to my eye :cry:
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    "Come What May" from Moulin Rouge - 2 of my parents' friends from their church played and sang. (If we did it over, I'd just use the recording! :laugh: )

Our first dance was Elvis - "Can't help Falling in love" (or whatever it's really called.) It's the only song I can get DH to slow dance to.

Married 5 years - oh, wow - a month from today! :smile:
  • YogiGirlLucy
    Options
    We got married last June of last year, after 10 years together. Our song is 'Someone Like You' by Van Morrison. We love that song, but kind of regretted having it as our first dance song because it was loooooong, which we didn't really realize until we were on the dance floor in front of everyone! Our entrance to the reception song was supposed to be Chasing Cars -- Snow Patrol, but our DJ got all mixed up and played Eye of the Tiger. We were so surprised, we're like where the heck did he even get that?! lol. Oh well, it's stuff like that that makes it even more memorable. Going down the isle we had an Keltic wedding march, but our going BACK UP the isle song after the nuptials was Proud (theme song for Biggest Loser). We chose that because it is so up-lifiting and motivational, my groom and I and all of our attendants danced back up the isle with the girls pumping their bouquets in the air. It was great fun! :)
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    "Baby I Love You" by the Ramones.

We took dance classes prior to our wedding so we could move around the floor dancing and twirling and all that fun stuff instead of standing in one spot moving around in a circle...lol...

Our last song of the night before we left was "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong.

Oh and just on a side note, I gave the DJ a whole long list of songs I did NOT want played at my wedding which included "Strokin'", "the Macarana" and the "Chicken Dance" -- why do they always have to play those songs at weddings? lol...
  • JeanWalker109
    Options
    We had a PLAYLIST! We are music people and one song just doesn't do us justice. Nope. BUT, I did sing a song to my husband: Love Is You by Chrisette Michele.
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    I walked down the isle to Chrisette Michelle "Golden"
    I had my husband Serenaded to India Arie "Beautiful Surprise"
    We lit our unity candle to Yolanda Adams "Alwaysness of God"
    We went down the isle as husband and wife to Steve Wonder "Signed, Sealed Delivered"
  • JeanWalker109
    Options
    My husband and I were married in January of this year. The song that played before we said our vows and as we walked away a married couple was Dave Barnes "God Gave Me You". We truly felt that God had a plan for us to meet. My husband is truly my partner, best friend and the love of my life.

GREAT choice. I love this song.
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    my husband and i met in high school, and had our first daughter..didnt get married for almost 5 years later..went through a lot together, our wedding song was "My Best Friend" by Tim McGraw. Married 8 years, together for 14.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Our first dance was to "stickwitu" by the *****catdolls...