Options
    Big & Rich - Lost In This Moment
    and
    Wind beneath my wings--- My brother in law sang it for us
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    3 yrs ago today I's got married -

Our 1st dance was to Led Zeppelin's "Thank You" covered by Chris Cornell (acoustic) interrupted with the "Apache Song", then back to "Thank You"
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    3 yrs ago today I's got married -

Our 1st dance was to Led Zeppelin's "Thank You" covered by Chris Cornell (acoustic) interrupted with the "Apache Song", then back to "Thank You"

We almost used that Led Zepplin song too...but my husband though it went on too long....
  • Dyna18
    Dyna18 Posts: 17
    Options
    walked down the aisle 20 years ago to Led Zepplin "i'm gonna Crawl" .. was very appropriate for us .. lol
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Bobby Darin - Beyond the Sea

I heard it one day and thought she would like. So I played it for her and she loved it. It quickly became "our song". Sometimes, when I haven't humiliated myself in a while, I even sing it.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Goat - I'll be good. And I'll fall over if anyone else actually knows of this song.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    We had a harpist playing at the ceremony... her selection for seating, Handel's Air from Water Music for the bridesmaids, Air by Batino for me, Alegretto from Spring for the recessional... and Forevermore by Iron Savior for our first dance (Choreographed foxtrot... and yes, we had lessons. :bigsmile:.

http://www.celiaharp.com/10-Air_from_Water_Music.mp3
    http://www.celiaharp.com/16-Air.mp3
    http://www.celiaharp.com/35-Allegretto_from_Spring.mp3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuliQLUu3Qw

The harpist sent us a CD of potential music, we picked the ones we liked. Forevermore... well, A) It's Iron Savior and B) "Forever more our union shall remain".
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Aerosmith - Don't Want to Miss a Thing.... yes, total cheese, lol, but we're both huge Aerosmith fans and Armaggedon was the first movie date we had, lol.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I walked down the isle to Chrisette Michelle "Golden"
    I had my husband Serenaded to India Arie "Beautiful Surprise"
    We lit our unity candle to Yolanda Adams "Alwaysness of God"
    We went down the isle as husband and wife to Steve Wonder "Signed, Sealed Delivered"

Awesome taste in music!!!!
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Adam Sandler - "I Wanna Grow Old With You"

Because it is the sweetest, most romantic song and is fun and cooky like my hubby and I.

I actually wanted that to be the song I walked down the aisle to, but my hubby wanted something a little more traditional so we did "At Last" by Etta James - we were best friends for years before we were a couple, so the general consensus from everyone who knows us was that we were together "at last" :laugh:

I love that song. Love love love. Love The Wedding Singer..... I listened to this song 4534534 times a couple days ago...
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    We got married in the late 80's.

Our official song was "Songbird" by Fleetwood Mac mostly because we could slow dance to it.

Our unofficial song was "White Wedding" by Billy Idol. That really got the room going.

Remember this was the 80's.
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    "Fools Rush In" by Elvis, which we did, and which we were. The marriage didn't last, but that song and that day are still a beautiful memory.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Well, we got married on the Beach in Jamaica but the music I chose for her to walk down the isle to was:

"She's everything " by Brad Paisley

This somg pretty well describes my wife and how I felt about here then and still now 5 years later.

That sounds lovely! But if I was ever compared to a Saturn, even with a sunroof, I'd be seriously pissed off!
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    ^ She isn't compared to a saturn! He is talking about things she does! She drives her saturn with the sunroof open!

lol!!
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    It should have been Highway to Hell.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    ^ She isn't compared to a saturn! He is talking about things she does! She drives her saturn with the sunroof open!

lol!!

Exactly. Think images of who she is and why he loves her. I can totally picture my wife in a car or truck with her hair flying around like that.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    It should have been Highway to Hell.

OH MY that was my 1st marriage!
  • ericjr7210
    ericjr7210 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wonderful Tonight ...by Eric Clapton... cause she was and still is...
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Mercury Rev's 'Car Wash Hair'

Back when I was thinner, cooler and played in a band, I saw my wife at a coffee shop and desperately wanted to meet her. I saw a friend of mine talking to her and begged him to introduce us. So I talked to this amazing, beautiful girl in the most charming way I could. I was funny. I was clever. I didn't stutter. I didn't fart. I asked for her phone number. She reluctantly told me that she had just gotten out of a relationship and was carrying around a lot of baggage. In today's parlance, that means I didn't get her digits. I was crushed, but knew enough not to be a pest, and was grateful for her honest answer. I left and simply assumed she wasn't interested.

Six months later I was at a different coffee shop. My future wife was sitting with a friend of hers. I came over to their table to tell them about a show my band was playing later at Tower Records. I was flirting with future wife's friend. Remember, I had assumed future wife was not interested - and I know how to take a hint. And I flirted with everything. I didn't know this at the time, but as I walked away my wife began to realize just how cute and charming I am. She decided she was going to find me and tell me this.

As luck would have it, Mercury Rev was playing two days later. My wife knew I liked this band and felt certain I would be at this show. So she went. Looking for me. Many of you might describe this as stalking. I know I have. But stalking laws were not on the books yet in Texas.

Future wife shows up at the Mercury Rev show. She finds me in the audience and tells me she has decided she has a crush on me, and gives me her phone number. I actually still have that piece of paper (had it laminated weeks later). That was November 5, 1995. We were married March 9, 1997 and danced outside to Mercury Rev's 'Car Wash Hair.'

MERCURY REV - CAR WASH HAIR - YouTube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVxAQLtpMBA

I won't for a second pretend to fully understand what is going on the video. The meaning for us was the song.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    * "Bryan Adams - I Finally Found Someone (Feat. Barbara Streisand)" --> for walking down the isle
    * "Shania Twain - From This Moment On" --> for 1st dance