What was your wedding song and why?

Options

Replies

• Pucker508
    Pucker508 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    "Stay with You" by John Legend I loved the message :-)
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Married Oct. 19, 2002.
    Our first song at the reception was "At Last" by Etta James. :-)
    Second song was "Stand By My Woman" by Lenny Kravitz.
    Third was "When You Say Nothing At All" by Allison Krauss.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    "You Are the Best Thing"
    Ray Lamontagne
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    Our wedding song was "You're the best thing that ever happened to me" by the Commodores. The title is self explanatory I think and we are still standing after 35 years.
  • bmxpop
    bmxpop Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    "Just You and I" by Eddie Rabbitt and Crystal Gayle.

26 years later, it's "Just you and I, a son, a daughter, a rabbit, 2 dogs and an aquarium full of fish!!!
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    It should have been Highway to Hell.

OH MY that was my 1st marriage!

My first and only. When the divorce was final the judge told me I couldnt get married for 30 days and I thought he said 30 years and I have held true for 15 so far. LOL
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to get out the video when I get home... for the life of me I can't remember the name of the main song we had during the ceremony! (glad the hubs is NOT on this site, he'd be SHOCKED!)

:noway:

Ice
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    "Come What May" from Moulin Rouge - 2 of my parents' friends from their church played and sang. (If we did it over, I'd just use the recording! :laugh: )

That's what our bridal party came in to. (The recording)
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Last song before the bride's entrance was "Blue River" by Peter Mayer. Most of you probably don't know this song, but it's about what love is as opposed to how it is perceived culturally. Our first dance was "For Sentimental Reasons" by Nat King Cole. The reason for this should be a no-brainer, yes? :smile:
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 605
    Options
    When you Love Someone by Bryan Adams. Coming up on 10 years soon!
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    "Just You and I" by Eddie Rabbitt and Crystal Gayle.

26 years later, it's "Just you and I, a son, a daughter, a rabbit, 2 dogs and an aquarium full of fish!!!

Ours is now "Just you and I, 2 daughters, aunt, uncle and one busy schedule!"
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Our 1st song was "you say it best when you say nothing at all" by Alison Krauss. My hubby and I are always communicating without talking and this is one of our favorite songs. I can remember one time when we were 20 we went away for the weekend with my husband's sister, brother and a couple of their friends, they are all 8 years older then we are, anyway we were at dinner and I heard my sister-in-law's friend say, OMG they're talking without talking lol we were sitting across the table from each other and we had been "talking" it was just to funny
  • IloveRanch
    Options
    Bright eyes - first day of my life

Just because its a nice little record which is guaranteed to make ya cry
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    "when you look me in the eyes" By the Jonas Brothers.

I still love it... and I would still choose the same song.
  • Emilyannewithane
    Options
    True Companion by Marc Cohn. Because that's what a marriage partner is....a companion through your life. Beautiful, amazing song btw.
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    I got married in July of last year but it was a private wedding for finacial reasons but when we were planning on having a real wedding it was Dave Barnes "God Gave me You" because my hubby heard the song right after he bought my engagement ring and felt like it was ment to be. He is truly my best friend, I have told him things I would never in a million years tell my best girl friends. I feel that we are ment to always be together and that God planned for i to be that way.

We too had a small wedding. We had maybe 20 people at our wedding and not a big reception. But at our 5 year, we plan on doing the renewal bigger and closer to home for me so that more family could make it.

Every line of God Gave Me You reminds me so much of my husband. I almost cry everytime cause he makes me so happy and is such a strong partner.

I tear up when it comes on and he holds my hand :) We had no one but my parents to record it after church one day and didnt tell anyone till 2 months later because we were still going to try and do something big when we got the money, but I am hoping we can have a 5 year renewal ceremony I should be done with school by then
  • tamturner1973
    Options
    The song we played was "Lost in This Moment" by Big and Rich and my husband (sweet man that he is) played "She's Everything" to me because when we were dating he called me over the phone and said I want you to listen to this song, its my song to you :0). So the 1st time I heard it I listened to it through the phone and was crying by the time it was over. He is the best.
  • makaylajane
    Options
    We will be married for 3 years in October.
    Our song was "Better Together" by Jack Johnson.
  • butterball832009
    Options
    Me and my wife Alicia were happily married on April 12, 2007 in front of a JP. We didn't have time for an actual wedding due to me having to leave out for Iraq within a week. We dated for 2 weeks and have been happily married for 4 1/2 years now.
    Our wedding song was and still is "Not A Moment Too Soon" by Tim McGraw
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Bright eyes - first day of my life

Just because its a nice little record which is guaranteed to make ya cry

great song... i love bright eyes