Over 40 - Christmas Challenge

Options

Replies

• brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    KeriA I am finding too that water is so important for weight loss too! Good for you seeing the other side of that plateau.
    I find it very difficult to get in 8 glasses of water a day...but I am proud to announce, I have done it two day in a row! I'm trying:drinker:
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I was always having a hard time with the water, too. I hardly ever logged it because I wasn't really keeping track, though I was making a conscious effort to try and drink more. Now because of this challenge, I am keeping track of and logging all my water and have had 11 glasses today, 10 yesterday, and 12 on Wednesday. Thanks ladies for the kick in the butt I needed - LOL!
  • lowridershank
    lowridershank Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would love to join too. I am 42 years old and live in Arkansas. I am happily married and have two wonderful children, 11 & 6 yrs old. I have a desk job too and it is very stressful as we are going through lots of changes at work. On top of that, my hubby was in a motorcycle accident on 7/1 and is in a wheelchair for another six weeks. I am so thankful that he is alive and is going to be ok. It is stressful to have to do everything around the house after working all day. I am one of those people who want to eat when stressed however I have really done a great job of staying really close to my calorie goal.

On the bright side, we have a cruise planned for January and I would love to lose another 20lbs.

I love the support MFP peeps provide, so feel free to add me as a friend.

My goals are:
    8 glasses of water per day.
    Work out a minimum of three times a week for 30 mins each.
    Stay within my calorie allowance.

SW - 183
    GW - 163 (Dec 25)

Week 1 - xxx (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - xxx (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • jloriot
    jloriot Posts: 2
    Options
    OK I'm in! I'm 40 years old and have 2 boys, one starting high school and the other right behind him next year! I got started losing weight back in January this year when I was inspired by someone at work, who was brave enough to stand up in a room full of managers and tell us about how she just got back from the Biggest Loser Ranch where she went for 2 weeks with her best friend to start her journey. That and my Best friend looks FABULOUS after recently losing a lot of weight as well. Well those two brave women really inspired me! So I lost 35 pounds between January and April. But I hit a plateau, and am just kicking back in with MFP! What a wonderful tool and great motivation! I'm not looking for any quick fixes, I'm in for the long haul! So I would be more than happy to lose 15-20 pounds between now and Christmas.

SW- 175
    GW by XMAS-155

Good luck everyone!!!!!
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Welcome whitesquirrel some how don't ask me how I missed your post on the main page, sorry about that. How is the more fruit going this week?

Welcome also to jloriot and lowridershank. Sounds like you have lots of inspiration around you jloriot and loweridershank sorry to hear about your husband's accident great that he is on the mend!

If I have missed anyone let me know!

Let's go hard ladies and reach our goals for Christmas!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Off to put some miles in this morning, didn't get a walk in yesterday.
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    What a great group! I want to play, too! I'm 41, happily married to and dating the same guy for over 20, with two teens and a 4-year old. I work part-time at a local community college in English as a Second Language. I need to completely rebuild my eating lifestyle (NOT diet) and stay with it. I float up and down and that's no good for my body. I'm 5 foot 7inches, My starting high this year was 184, CW is 163, but I'm hoping to get to 143, then put on about 5 pounds of muscle and live in maintenance road for life. This is it for the long haul. My sister if doing MFP with me, but I could use some extra support. My goal is to be at 148 with starting to build that muscle by Christmas. I'm going to start walking and volleyball in 2 weeks. Please add me - and anyone who wants to friend me would be an added bonus!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I am proud to announce, I have done it two day in a row!

Hooray! Well done!

I think we all are turning into 'heavy drinkers'...:laugh:
  • tannyb
    Options

I think we all are turning into 'heavy drinkers'...:laugh:

Yay us! :drinker:
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Welcome juliekin! Nice to have you and hopefully you can reach your goal of maintenance before Christmas.

And to all the heavy drinkers out there (water that is) great for you... I am struggling but trying but man it is hard forcing it in there!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Today it is going to be all about the water.... goal 12 cups today!!!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I met my water challenge for the week, but, it was still a challenge so I'm keeping that on my priority list for this week.

Posting my numbers and updating my ticker:

SW - 192.5
    GW - 172 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 191 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - xxx (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Way to go Gwen! Great progress and like you I think I will be keeping the water goal too!
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I am happy to find a open group to help me through the year. Thank you for starting this group.
    I am 41, married, no children. I work full time (desk job). I will be traveling for work several times this year. I am very nervous about what I am going to eat. I have been preparing all my meals for the past two months. No eating out.

I will definitely need the motivation if I see spikes during those weeks I am away.

SW - 155
    GW - 139 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - xxx (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - xxx (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
  • tannyb
    Options
    OK, I'll update tonight, since I won't be online till Monday evening (if at all, it's hubby's night off tomorrow, so we may go to a movie or for a walk on the beach or something, who knows?) I weighed in on Saturday - hope that's OK - but it's what I've been doing since the beginning, so I thought it might be better to stick with the routine. (I had said I was gonna do Sunday, since it's closer to Monday, but I find Saturday works best for me.) I had been struggling through a plateau for the past three or four weeks, going up and down only slightly, but I am very pleased to say that this challenge and everyone's support has helped me to get over that. I lost 5.5 pounds this week - I was so pleased! I really think the water intake was a key factor in overcoming this plateau, so I will keep the goal of drinking at least 8 glasses a day (if not 10 or 12) for the next week also. Another goal that I had set was to reach 90km walked for August as I've had a few months of getting somewhere in the 80's. I am well on track to get to 90km this month and I'm thinking now, that 100km may even be attainable. I am at about 76km right now.

So, I just want to thank everyone for their support and encouragement! And I wish you all the best of luck reaching your goals! Together we can do this!!!

SW - 287
    GW - 265 (Dec 25)

Week 1 - 282 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - xxx (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • lowridershank
    Options
    I have requested everyone in this challenge as a friend. I use my Iphone the majority of the time and don't have access to the message board so it will be easier for me to give everyone support.

TannyB... Great Job!
  • lowridershank
    Options
    SW 183
    GW 163

Week 1 182.2 August 22
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    W - 155
    GW - 139 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 -152 (Aug 22)

I am going to focus on sodium this week. I can manage the calories, but it seems I am eating way too much foods with sodium.
  • mrsbrown2k1
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope everyone has an awesome week! I am very excited to head back to the gym this week for some Zumba. I've missed it the past 2 weeks due to overtime at work. I am also going to concentrate on drinking more water. I love water and that is primarly all I drink but lately I have been slacking and only getting in about 8 glasses which is low for me.

Tammy

SW - 158
    GW - 130 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 158 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - xxx (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    It took a lot of hard work but I am down a pound this week!

SW - 251
    GW - 215 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 250 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - xxx (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)

I struggled lots with getting in water, so my goal this week is still a water goal 10 cups a day minimum each day.