Over 40 - Christmas Challenge

Options

Replies

• dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Tannyb have an awesome trip and I didn't know there was a fellow Canuck here with me on this challenge :)

Sounds like you had a great week this past week and made all your goals despite what the scale says, great for you! And just weigh in and update us whenever works for you, enjoy the sites and be seeing you when you get back!
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My daughter starts university next week so maybe you can give me all the pointers on how not to be a worrying mom LOL.

Glad to have you!

Sorry, i don't know how to be a not-worrying mom :noway: I sent you a friend request, so drop me a message anytime, and I will be happy to share pointers on managing through that :flowerforyou:
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    First week down,

22/08/2011 194 lbs
    29/08/2011 192 lbs

Much better protein ln take over the last week.
    Happy with weight loss, because i know that it's 2lb of pure fat that has shifted. Thats 2 packs of Kerrygold butter. lol.

Goal for the comming week: Walk 12 miles in total,get 4 mile route done in 53 minutes.
    Eat minimium 1200 cals every day.
  • diane1370
    diane1370 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting me in the challenge. My starting weight is 196.8.

Have a great day!! Diane
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome! Off to work and errands today. Workout this afternoon! :) Have a great day!!!
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    SW - 155
    GW - 139 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 152(Aug 22)
    Week 2 -150 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)

Achieved my salt reduction goal last week.

This week run 4 miles each day, Monday-Thursday
    Monday- 4.04 completed
    Tuesday-
    Wednesday-
    Thursday or Friday-
  • MakingProgress
    Options
    OK, last week wasn't stellar (I blogged about it this morning), but I'm back on track. Even better, I still have a bit of a loss to report ...

Week 1 - 270 (Aug 22) (my actual starting weight was 271, but ... oh well)
    Week 2 - 269.8 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - 190- (Dec 25)

This week's goals are to log all my food, drink at least six cups of water a day, and lose at least one pound. :-)
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

An MFP friend also found another trick to stay away from the coffee stands. She mixes her morning chocolate protein powder into her black coffee for a healthy mocha.
    [/quote] I need to try that! I can't seem to get away from my coffee creamer ( I love my coffee )...and that would be a much healthier coffee drink. Thanks :)
    [/quote]

It took a while but I weaned myself of the creamer. I slowly reduced the coffee creamer over a couple weeks. I have been drinking black coffee for a week.
  • ksgreys
    ksgreys Posts: 11
    Options
    Good Morning my friends!

So my weight loss last week was 1.4, slowly but surely moving in the right direction! I was able to walk FIVE times last week so I am pretty pleased with myself there. As for the weekend, I didn't make it under my calories yesterday so that was a FAIL! BOO! This week, I have two goals, one is to make it through the weekend under my calories since I failed this weekend, and the second to not eat out all week!

It sounds like everyone is doing so well! We are all on track for our Christmas goals! Have a great Monday! xo
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Good Morning my friends!

So my weight loss last week was 1.4, slowly but surely moving in the right direction! I was able to walk FIVE times last week so I am pretty pleased with myself there. As for the weekend, I didn't make it under my calories yesterday so that was a FAIL! BOO! This week, I have two goals, one is to make it through the weekend under my calories since I failed this weekend, and the second to not eat out all week!

It sounds like everyone is doing so well! We are all on track for our Christmas goals! Have a great Monday! xo

Very well done Ksgreys,
    One plip does not make a big FAIL, This is a lifestyle change, and the yummy chinese meal you had should remain part of your plans. We are allowed to have treats, it's just that we must be sensible, the tools here are helping all of us to be accountable for our own future.
    Super job. xx
    Samhradh
  • clsalmon
    clsalmon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Whew! I lost 2.4 pounds last week, but what a rollercoaster it was! I've never really weighed myself daily, and still don't know the pros & cons of doing that, but I think it was helpful to me for my first week of eating healthier (and less - much less!). I don't remember what each of my goals were for last week! Eek! The one that I do remember was that I was going to bring my lunch to work 3 times and I did that! It made a big difference in that "I'm starving and nobody has healthy food for lunch" problem.

My back seems to be improving - I've been doing stretches, pushups & "the plank" to strength the muscles, and did a little pool jogging over the weekend.

My goal for this week is to bring my lunch again 3 times, and to walk 2 times - the walking will be a BIG challenge... the last time I walked was probably a month ago and I was crying halfway through because my back hurt so bad. We live in the country, so when I walk around the block, it's 1.25 miles. To cut it short, I have to wind my way through the woods and come into my back yard. It's do-able, but not without its own challenges!

Overall SW: 194
    Challenge SW: 190.2
    Challenge GW: 165
    CW: 187.8
    Week 1: 190.2
    Week 2: 187.8

WAY TO GO to all of you who achieved at least one of your goals and/or lost weight! Just one stop in the right direction is a success!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    My back seems to be improving - I've been doing stretches, pushups & "the plank" to strength the muscles, and did a little pool jogging over the weekend.

Good work Christine! I wish I had a pool, that is a good way to work out without stressing the back.
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    SW - 252
    GW - 222 (Dec 25)

Week 1 - 252 (Aug 22) -I started a week late.
    Week 2 - 249 (Aug 29)

I am off to a great start and I think I have the water challenge down. My goal for this week is to use my home gym and get started on building up leg and arm strength. I'll try and fit in some sit-ups and crunches too.
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Just weighed-in and down 1.3 lbs woohoo! That was the first week I met my calories-burned goal. So this week, I want to do it again and make sure I am drinking at least 8 c. of water each day.

GW - 199.9 (Dec 25)
    SW - 225.3
    Week 1 - 225.3 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 224.0 (Aug 29) - nutrition goal: drink 8 cups of water per day and meet weekly calories-burned goal
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    SW - 184
    GW - 145Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 163 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    This week's goal is to keep drinking the water, exercise 3 times a week, and try to stop nibbling in between, focusing instead on 4-5 small meals a day. i'll be carrying small packs of oatmeal and water with me at work, in case I get tempted. I am 2.5 behind on my diet, but trying not to focus too hard on numbers - I was going for 1.5 pounds a week - and just doing my best.
  • kbirk1963
    Options
    Weighed in this morning down 1.6 pounds! This week's goal is to exercise and eat 6 small meals a day. But exercise is the key for me.

Christmas Challenge
    SW - 201
    GW - 175 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 199.2 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 197.8 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :flowerforyou: Another week down...whoot ! Congratulations to everybody!!! Looks like we all had another good week. My goal for this week ...... My water consumption. !!!! I am getting much better, thank goodness, but still not quite there. My bladder feels much better now, lol, not so many bathroom trips. Also I will try to up my exercise. I am hoping once I shed a few more pounds, my joint pain will be less severe. Wish me luck !!!!!!!!!!!!! GW - 185 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 207 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 204 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • Loreigh
    Loreigh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I just found this challenge on Thursday so this is my first week of the challenge. I'm hoping for a week of staying on track and getting in a little exercise. I know that's an important key, but taking baby steps right now.

SW: 200 (8/29)
    GW: 180 by 12/25/11

Nutrition goal this week is to stay within my alloted calories 5 out of 7 days.

Have a good week everyone!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Hi I didn't lose yet this week. I will let you know when I do. I think the interview day slowed me up. I have been doing well the last few days so hoping to lose some soon. Congrats on the progress others are making this week. I am going to stick with the water until after my daughter is back in school and then I may change. I should be completing C25K soon. I am about to complete my summer 100 mile challenge as well.
    Keri
    SW - 231
    GW - 210 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 229.8 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 229.8 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    SW - 251
    GW - 215 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 250 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 246 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)

The water goal seems to be going well, so new goal for this week less than 2000mg of sodium per day.