When you just don't want to workout...

Options
So usually I like doing workout videos like Insanity, Jillian and ChaLean Xtreme but there are just some days when I REALLY don't have the motivation to do a video. I'm not quite sure what to do during those moments...

What do you do when you just don't have the motivation to do anything? I don't want to go for walks because I don't like walking around town and have nowhere else to walk. I WOULD just jump on a treadmill and go...if I had one...soooo what do you do when you don't wanna workout? Any ideas of what I can do?

ETA: Just doing it doesn't work. I end up slacking all the way through it (If I get through it at all) then I feel horrible at the end because I slacked and I feel like a failure so just doing it doesn't help. I usually don't even get through the warm up.

Replies

• Chantelle160
    Options
    When I dont want to workout I do yoga instead. Sometimes your body just wants to relax and there is nothing like some good stretching. :smile:
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Simple, don't think about it, just DO it. Usually after 5 minutes I'm all into it.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    So usually I like doing workout videos like Insanity, Jillian and ChaLean Xtreme but there are just some days when I REALLY don't have the motivation to do a video. I'm not quite sure what to do during those moments...

What do you do when you just don't have the motivation to do anything? I don't want to go for walks because I don't like walking around town and have nowhere else to walk. I WOULD just jump on a treadmill and go...if I had one...soooo what do you do when you don't wanna workout? Any ideas of what I can do?

WWJSD?

What would Jason Statham do?

Answer: Swear, go exercise (probably swearing all the while), and then kick some evil doers butt.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I just have to jump in and do it even though I don't feel like it, and I'm always happy afterwards that I did.
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    hop on my bike and ride an area i dont see much of in my neighborhood. becoming familiar is distracting. next thing you know 30min had passed. workout done!
  • digitalsinner
    Options
    You don't want my answer...I know I don't. When I don't feel like it, I just flat don't do it. Which is SO bad...because one day turns into two and then three and then the rest of the week for me.

So, the past few days, I've forced myself up off of the couch and into my workout. I'm not usually happy while I'm doing it, but when it's over, I'm glad that I did.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Simple, don't think about it, just DO it. Usually after 5 minutes I'm all into it.

That honestly doesn't work. I can't even get through the warm up. I just can't do it. Then I end up slacking the whole way through the workout (if I even get all the way through it) then I just feel horrible by the end because I slacked the whole way through.
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    lol i just work out harder the next few days and take the day off :)
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    I just ignore the voice in my head that says "No you don't need to work out, just relax instead" then I exercise and I feel much better...
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options

Totally agree...once I get started, I'm usually so glad I did...i feel great!
  • HangoverSquare
    HangoverSquare Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    When I think I can't do something, I automatically look forward to the things I want to achieve.

Basically, I've told myself that if I don't motivate myself to work out, then I'm not going to get what I want. And that's just a fact.

So, I'm always motivated by these goals, and they even help me to push myself a bit further during a workout. Hopefully this strong mental attitude will adjust my lifestyle, too.

Maybe these could work for you, OP? Good luck! :)
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I always do weights. That is my "I don't feel like working out" workout!
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I definitely have days like that. Sometimes I can talk myself into a 20 minute Wii Zumba workout--more fun than my regular workout DVDs, so I'm more likely to do it. And I tell myself, "It's just 20 minutes. I can do that." It's better than nothing, right? And then other times if I'm feeling like that, I'll just skip it and do it the next day.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    J.Michaels 30DS is a 26 minute workout. You can workout for 26 minutes, right? At least 15? You'll feel so much better after!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    The days I really, really do not want to work out are, for me, the best days to get off my butt and do it anyway. Then, I am so proud of myself for getting up and doing it, and I remember exactly how amazing I feel after my workout, which keeps me motivated to do it again the next day. Keep remembering how good you feel after. Now, most days I don't even think about it when I get home-- I just put on my workout clothes and do it, without giving myself the time to talk myself out of it.
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Yeah, we all have those days...I had one today! What did I do? I did it anyway! It is those moments, when you must push yourself, or at least I must push myself, past the point of I don't wanna, and go to the place that reminds me WHY I am doing it all...

I look sensational, and I feel amazing!

Keep it up and go hard!
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I definitely have days like that. Sometimes I can talk myself into a 20 minute Wii Zumba workout--more fun than my regular workout DVDs, so I'm more likely to do it. And I tell myself, "It's just 20 minutes. I can do that." It's better than nothing, right? And then other times if I'm feeling like that, I'll just skip it and do it the next day.

^THIS!
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Good advice! That works for me too usually but if I am feeling really anti-exercise, I will do something around the house that will burn calories. A few hours of vigerous cleaning (sweeping, mopping, upstairs/downstairs laundry runs) can burn a crazy amount of calories. Or reagange your furniture, if you have one-yard maintanence is also a good one.
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options

This is me, too.
  • mikibeth
    mikibeth Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Dance!