Stay At Home Mommies Unite! 60 Day Challenge Week 5

Options
Here it is ladies!!! Get ready set go!! (Tomorrow of course)lol:bigsmile:

SAHMU Challenge Week 5

Cardio:
Set a week Goal for yourself this week and achieve it! Your goal can't be under 2500 calories burned. We have to push ourselves.(I got this from another challenge on MFP and thought it was great!)

**The Team with the highest Calories burned this week gets an extra point!!

I made another spreadsheet for this challenge please enter in your calorie burns there daily along with your goal.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdEF1LXBGRGZHMzlvVGNrdk5WTXJKbFE&hl=en_US

Please remember to post on your thread how you burned your calories and how many you burned each day, I think this will give us all some new ideas.

Strength: Possible 6 points per person just for this challenge!!
Day 1 Challenge - 50 Leg Raises (each side)
Day 2 Challenge - 40 Squats
Day 3 Challenge - 50 situps or ab crunches
Day 4 Challenge - 40 "Up & Downs"
Day 5 Challenge - 25 Pushups
Day 6 Challenge - 25 Lunges
Day 7 Rest!! You deserve it!!
*You can do these in any order you would like.

Food Challenge: Healthy Kids Meal
Recipe challenge- for this challenge we will each submit a Kids Meal recipe to our team thread, you will receive 1 point for this, take a vote on your team and then submit the best Kids recipe to our main thread, we will then all vote for the best recipe on the main thread and the team with the most votes will receive 1 extra point for this challenge. (the catch is you cannot vote for your own team). Remember to include the nutritional content in your receipe.

Emotional Challenge:
What excuses have you made (to yourself or others) in the past for your weight, and how do you stop yourself from falling back into the "I am heavy because...." attitude?

** A special thanks to LoveNevrNds and sisa2324 for your help with the challenge this week.

Remember you can always go to
https://docs.google.com/document/d/102LC_kOsa1CIiwupmuRu4A1t1Dljz_tK_zo7P07JluA/edit?hl=en_US

The challenge is there along with the point system.
Good Luck Ladies and I hope you enjoy the challenge this week!

Replies

• jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Love this idea! Wish I would have seen this challenge when it started. Please let me know if/when a new one starts :happy:
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I can hijack some recipes for the daycare kids!! Love it!! :bigsmile:

**edited for spelling.. because it's late, and my fingers are shutting down! ( really, it took an even longer time to write THIS part!! )
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    MMMM Perfect for the summer!!! Try this Pinapple-Raspberry Parfait, you can mix up the fruits! I love it with mangos and strawberries. You can use light whipping cream with a dash white powdered sugar if you want to add a bit of sweetness and it wont up the cals too much but anyway, this is the super healthy version.

INGREDIENTS
    2 8-ounce containers (2 cups) nonfat peach yogurt
    1/2 pint fresh raspberries, (about 1 1/4 cups)
    1 1/2 cups fresh, frozen or canned pineapple chunks

PREPARATION
    Divide and layer yogurt, raspberries and pineapple into 4 glasses.
    NUTRITION
    Per serving: 109 calories; 0 g fat ( 0 g sat , 0 g mono ); 2 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 58 mg sodium; 113 mg potassium.

Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (60% daily value), Calcium (15% dv).

Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2

Exchanges: 1/2 reduced-fat milk, 1 frui

Here is the Recipe challenge winner!

Week 4 Challenge Points:

Stacey: 4pts
    Jennifer: 4pts
    Devin: 4pts
    Julissa: 5pts
    Melanie: 4pts

Total Blue Team points: 25pts...yay!
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Kids meal hmmm gonna be a good one to come up with that is kid friendly!
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    So excited for this weeks challenge! I love it!!!
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Love this weeks challenge, sounds great!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I am pretty excited about it too!
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    What a great challenge for this week! I really appreciate everyone involved in putting it together!
    Here's to week 5!
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Nice Challenge! It will be a challenge for me too! :) Yay! LOL!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Morning!!!
    Ready for my Wed weigh-in:

Starting MFP Weight : 152
    Starting SAHMU Weight : 134
    Week 1 Weight : 134
    Week 2 Weight : 131
    Week 3 Weight: 131
    Week 4 Weight: 130
    Change : -1
    Goal Weight : 127 (still maybe???)

I am SOOOO surprised that I am still down 1lb, since TOM showed up yesterday. :angry: :grumble: :mad: UGH, has it been 28 days already?! I had to stop mid work-out this morning to go "change" cause I had a leak...... :explode: :sad:

Anywho, I love this week's challenges!! Can't wait for some new recipes!!
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    Eek, another recipe!
    My calorie goal this week is going to be 4000! Lets do this ladies!! =)
  • RedheadHen
    Options
    I had added my weights to the spreadsheet! :) I had to change all my weights due to a new scale. The only thing is that it seems the total weight lost is not totaling. :ohwell:

Starting MFP Weight : 171
    Starting SAHMU Weight : 169
    Week 1 Weight : 169
    Week 2 Weight : 170 ( at TOM)
    Week 3 Weight: 168
    Week 4 Weight: 167
    Change this week : -1
    Goal Weight : 140
  • circusmom
    Options
    Should I repost my recipe on this thread? It would probably be easier, huh???
  • RedheadHen
    Options
    I am finishing my 30DS and with that I was only burning 1400 cals a week. Today is the last day and I was SO looking forward to only working out 5 days a week and not 7! That's working out for about 30 mins every day ... 7 days a week!! I don't have the extra time to work out more than that. And it was very hard to fit in the time as is. :frown: And here I thought I was kicking butt because my personal goal was to exercise 5 days a week for 30 mins burning like 950 a week. :cry: So I need advise on this!!

I also don't count all the stuff I did before starting MFP because I was doing them and getting fat. So why count cleaning or playing with my kids now, if I was not loosing weight before?
  • circusmom
    Options
    I am finishing my 30DS and with that I was only burning 1400 cals a week. Today is the last day and I was SO looking forward to only working out 5 days a week and not 7! That's working out for about 30 mins every day ... 7 days a week!! I don't have the extra time to work out more than that. And it was very hard to fit in the time as is. :frown: And here I thought I was kicking butt because my personal goal was to exercise 5 days a week for 30 mins burning like 950 a week. :cry: So I need advise on this!!

I also don't count all the stuff I did before starting MFP because I was doing them and getting fat. So why count cleaning or playing with my kids now, if I was not loosing weight before?

I don't count anything I do that is a regular part of my day, cause you're right, it didn't help me stay slim then so it's probably not helping me now.
    How are yo logging your 30DS?? I read that you should be logging it as circuit training, I was logging it as aerobics, which has a lower calorie burn on MPF calculator.
    And anyway, if that's all the time you can get in, then thats it, it's better than what you were doing before you started here. It's still progress, so feel good about it!! I have to get up at 5:45 every morning to make time, and starting next week it will have to be earlier because of school starting, I'll have a little one to get up and ready in the morning (thank goodness my son gets himself up and ready by himself), so I'll have to be done by the time she needs to get up.
    What about walking in the evening with your kids, or something that yo can include with family time?
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Wow..this week's challenge is amazing... :-)
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Accidentally posted my weigh in here.. so I took it away and finished it up on the other thread!
  • RedheadHen
    Options

I don't count anything I do that is a regular part of my day, cause you're right, it didn't help me stay slim then so it's probably not helping me now.
    How are yo logging your 30DS?? I read that you should be logging it as circuit training, I was logging it as aerobics, which has a lower calorie burn on MPF calculator.
    And anyway, if that's all the time you can get in, then thats it, it's better than what you were doing before you started here. It's still progress, so feel good about it!! I have to get up at 5:45 every morning to make time, and starting next week it will have to be earlier because of school starting, I'll have a little one to get up and ready in the morning (thank goodness my son gets himself up and ready by himself), so I'll have to be done by the time she needs to get up.
    What about walking in the evening with your kids, or something that yo can include with family time?

I actually have a HRM and record it as 30DS. I find that MFP over inflates the burn. :frown: At least for me. As we know everyone is different and burns cals differently! :wink: So ... my average for 27 mins or so is close to 200 Cals burned. I will see if I can find something extra to do. My kids don't go back until the 29th. Kindergarten and Pre-School start later than the rest of the kids which go back next Wednesday. I'm counting down the days till my 2 are in school because that will give me like 3 hours a day with out any kids!! I'm so excited! :bigsmile: LOL!

I do have a great recipe for this week though! My kids LOVE it and so do I! LOL! I'll post it later. :wink:
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm really nervous about this week's challenge because I never have huge calorie burns. Looks like I'll be doing some extra working out now!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm really nervous about this week's challenge because I never have huge calorie burns. Looks like I'll be doing some extra working out now!

I am too Amy lol. I typically burn 1800-2000 a week. Im pushing for 2600 for the week so that means an extra 15-20 min a day. Im hoping that will do it lol.