Stay At Home Mommies Unite! 60 Day Challenge Week 5

Options

Replies

• poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 2600...we'll see if I can achieve that.

OK, I changed my goal to 2500. Even hitting that will be really hard for me, so here's hoping for the best!

Do you all want me to change the min to 2000, I don't want anyone to get discouraged??????

I think this is more reasonable especially for those that are smaller in size and don't burn as many calories than others.....
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Here it is ladies!!! Get ready set go!! (Tomorrow of course)lol:bigsmile:

SAHMU Challenge Week 5

Cardio:
    Set a week Goal for yourself this week and achieve it! Your goal can't be under 2000 calories burned. We have to push ourselves.(I got this from another challenge on MFP and thought it was great!)

**The Team with the highest Calories burned this week gets an extra point!!

I made another spreadsheet for this challenge please enter in your calorie burns there daily along with your goal.
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdEF1LXBGRGZHMzlvVGNrdk5WTXJKbFE&hl=en_US

Please remember to post on your thread how you burned your calories and how many you burned each day, I think this will give us all some new ideas.

Strength: Possible 6 points per person just for this challenge!!
    Day 1 Challenge - 50 Leg Raises (each side)
    Day 2 Challenge - 40 Squats
    Day 3 Challenge - 50 situps or ab crunches
    Day 4 Challenge - 40 "Up & Downs"
    Day 5 Challenge - 25 Pushups
    Day 6 Challenge - 25 Lunges
    Day 7 Rest!! You deserve it!!
    *You can do these in any order you would like.

Food Challenge: Healthy Kids Meal
    Recipe challenge- for this challenge we will each submit a Kids Meal recipe to our team thread, you will receive 1 point for this, take a vote on your team and then submit the best Kids recipe to our main thread, we will then all vote for the best recipe on the main thread and the team with the most votes will receive 1 extra point for this challenge. (the catch is you cannot vote for your own team). Remember to include the nutritional content in your receipe.

Emotional Challenge:
    What excuses have you made (to yourself or others) in the past for your weight, and how do you stop yourself from falling back into the "I am heavy because...." attitude?

** A special thanks to LoveNevrNds and sisa2324 for your help with the challenge this week.

Remember you can always go to
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/102LC_kOsa1CIiwupmuRu4A1t1Dljz_tK_zo7P07JluA/edit?hl=en_US

The challenge is there along with the point system.
    Good Luck Ladies and I hope you enjoy the challenge this week!

I have changed the min calorie burn to 2000. Hope that works for everyone.
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    ok...I will still go with 2500 cals as my target... wow...love this challenge... yippeee
  • poesch77
    Options
    Here's Green Team's Dessert Recipe!! YUM!!!!

Almost Good For You Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Pies

Yields 12

delish.jpg

Ingredients

9 reduced fat graham cracker squares, crushed finely
    2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted
    1 cup 1% milk OR unsweetened soy milk
    ½ cup, plus 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
    1 (1.4 ounce) package sugar-free chocolate pudding mix
    2 cups light or fat-free Cool Whip
    Additional Cool Whip or Redi-Whip for serving

How to make it

Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
    In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted margarine.
    Press crumb mixture into bottom of lined muffin cups (about 1 tablespoon of crumbs per muffin cup).
    Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes; remove pan from oven and cool completely before filling.
    In a large mixing bowl, beat the peanut butter and milk together on low speed.
    Add the pudding mix and beat for 1 minute.
    Fold in the Cool Whip; spoon mixture into the muffin cups.
    Freeze for several hours or overnight.
    To serve, remove fluffs from freezer, peel off liner and let stand at room temperature to soften slightly, about 5 minutes, and top with a tablespoon of Light or Fat Free Cool Whip or Redi-Whip.

NOTE: For a change in flavor, use vanilla pudding in place of the chocolate pudding -

Originated from User Krumkake on www.grouprecipes.com

"These make a handy snack in the freezer, and you'll never know you're eating something "light" in calories and fat. I can almost make myself believe I'm eating something good for me while still enjoying my indulgence in sweets."

RECIPE.jpg
    [/quote]

Here is my vote....this looks delish!

And I am keeping it at 2000 calories for this week.....just to be on the safe side!
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I set my goal at 3500 for the week, After looking at what I do everyday I think its pretty attainable. Good Luck this week everybody!
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    My vote for recipe is orange team..sounds yummy
  • poesch77
    Options
    Blue Team Weightloss Week 5:

Stacey: 0 :(
    Devin: -.4lbs
    Melanie: -1.8lbs
    Julissa: -.4
    Jennifer: -2lbs

Total Team Loss: -4.6LBS
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    Omg, I vote for team yellows banana creation of magic! I wish I could make that without devouring the whole thing. Ah well, I IMAGINE it's to die for =D
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    My vote is for Team Yellow!! Yummy!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Recipe Contest so far:

Yellow 2
    Orange 1
    Green 1

Get your votes in ladies!!!
    If I missed a vote let me know.
    Karie
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    HUGE NSV TODAY!:wink:
    I just wanted to share my morning with all of you. I was so excited to weigh in this morning, I haden't peeked at the scale all week. I got on the scale with great anticipation.....+0.4.... This is the strange part, I wasn't upset, this is a huge NSV for me! I am working hard and changing my life, this isn't just about the scale on my bathroom floor, it's about the scale in which I live my life. I am learning about myself and more about who I am, I want to live a full and beautiful life filled with great experiences and my weight will no longer be in the way! I am confident of this for the first time in my adult life. I feel a sense of freedom and happiness I didn't think I could feel a few short months ago.
    I thank all of you for joining me in this journey, I read all your posts on each team, even though I may not respond I love and appreciate them all. You are all amazing and strong women!

Karie
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My vote is for the yellow team as well!
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Week 4 Points = 24

Orange Weight Loss
    tigertown11 = -0.8
    Iprunty = -2.2
    LoveNevrNds = -.6
    megansmom311 = -2
    amyelizbradley = MIA
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm going with the green team's Peanut Butter Pies-- PB is SOOOO my kryptonite.
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    HUGE NSV TODAY!:wink:
    I just wanted to share my morning with all of you. I was so excited to weigh in this morning, I haden't peeked at the scale all week. I got on the scale with great anticipation.....+0.4.... This is the strange part, I wasn't upset, this is a huge NSV for me! I am working hard and changing my life, this isn't just about the scale on my bathroom floor, it's about the scale in which I live my life. I am learning about myself and more about who I am, I want to live a full and beautiful life filled with great experiences and my weight will no longer be in the way! I am confident of this for the first time in my adult life. I feel a sense of freedom and happiness I didn't think I could feel a few short months ago.
    I thank all of you for joining me in this journey, I read all your posts on each team, even though I may not respond I love and appreciate them all. You are all amazing and strong women!

Karie

Yaaaay Karie!!! That is the best kind of NSV there is. You're not letting a number define you ( as we get SO used to doing) and you're becoming the best YOU you can be!! Not only is that an amazing lesson for you, but something you can pass to your children in spades. I'm so amazingly proud of you, and I think we are all so honored that you let us be a part of that. :flowerforyou:
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I voted on last week's thread, but my vote is for the green team's recipe. Looks super yummy!

I'm also changing my calorie burn to 2000, since you lowered it Karie. I don't burn many calories with my workouts and I can't devote any extra time to working out longer right now, sorry.
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    I just wanted to share something with you guys-- I started reading "the Secret to Your Success--How to get from where you are to where you want to be" by Jack Canfield. I only ever got 2 or 3 steps in ( I have now BOUGHT the book-- on it's way here from Amazon!) but I have come back to step 2 in my mind numerous times. Secret #2 is to create a "purpose" for your life. It helps you with some parts of it, but here's what I came up with.
    " My purpose is to use my enthusiasm and compassion to motivate, educate and support other women to know their self-worth and feel empowered and strong in healthy, safe, loving environments."

Interestingly, I feel that finding MFP is helping me do that!!
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    I've put my goal at 5000, but I'm not including all the general house stuff. I already have my activity level set to lightly active, and I think that playing with that might mess with my head too much! Or, mess with my calorie count for the day. Although, I guess I could just use the database to add things up..

Any thoughts on that?
  • daisyelaine
    Options
    I started reading "the Secret to Your Success--How to get from where you are to where you want to be" by Jack Canfield.

Sorry, it's "the Success Principles-How to get from where you are to where you want to be"
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I just wanted to share something with you guys-- I started reading "the Secret to Your Success--How to get from where you are to where you want to be" by Jack Canfield. I only ever got 2 or 3 steps in ( I have now BOUGHT the book-- on it's way here from Amazon!) but I have come back to step 2 in my mind numerous times. Secret #2 is to create a "purpose" for your life. It helps you with some parts of it, but here's what I came up with.
    " My purpose is to use my enthusiasm and compassion to motivate, educate and support other women to know their self-worth and feel empowered and strong in healthy, safe, loving environments."

Interestingly, I feel that finding MFP is helping me do that!!

Thank you for your comment! I love a good read so I will have to pick that one up for sure. 500 calories, that is fantastic! As far as changing you activity level, I haven't changed mine either so I am unsure if I should.