Thanksgiving Challenge - 08/17-11/23 // (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• Seagazer
    Seagazer Posts: 66
    Options
    I emailed mine too, on Weds morning - let me know if I should resend :flowerforyou:
  • Seagazer
    Seagazer Posts: 66
    Options
    My goal for the week is to actually track my water.I take a bottle with me on my walks, and spend the rest of the day drinking decaf back tea.Yesterday evening I bought a bottle and it's been everywhere with me today, but I haven't opened it yet!
  • momof6monkees
    Options
    My goals for the week: to drink at the MINIMUM 1 gallon (64 oz) of water a day... and to exercise at the MINIMUM 90 minutes this week...

Goals met for the day! I walked for 2 friggin hours today... my smart idea to take the kids for a walk to the farmers market, and my smart idea to go the WRONG way... DOH! But hey, I got 3 days worth of exercise in one day :) That just means when I start 30DS tomorrow, it's a bonus!

Good luck everyone!
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Morning all....
    I am missing weight & measurements from:
    ceh2468 mabug01 rosey808 sanamouse seagazer sexymcc tambink vdlomas

I am also missing measurements from:
    gossipgirl11 mdagenb m36an shauna121211
    Although measurements are optional if you choose not to list them.

For those who have not submitted any information, let me know if you still plan on participating otherwise I'll remove the extra names from the spreadsheets this weekend.

Hey I messaged you my measurements yesterday, did you get them? Here they are again anyways:

MEASUREMENTS: I hope these are accurate! Best I could do... :P
    Neck: 14'
    Chest (men, & women-beneath breasts): 34.5'
    Bust (women across breasts): 38.5'
    Waist: 34'
    Hips: 40.5'
    Upper arm: 13'
    Forearm: 10'
    Thighs: 24.75'
    Calves: 15.5'

Week goal: Make some delicious healthy meals & have them ready for quick lunches and dinners throughout the week!
  • AmyMW7
    AmyMW7 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to drink more water and get consistent exercise by walking.

Next week it's going to be tough to get out and walk because my hubby will be gone, so i need to make this week count!

**ahh, maybe next week would be a good day to start the 30DS i bought a month ago**
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    If your measurements have not been updated on the spreadsheet, please let me know. I guess I'm not receiving some of the mail messages and not sure why. I've received a couple more updates and will get those up by tomorrow morning. I'm going to go thru all that's been sent (that I have) and make sure it's all updated properly.

Hope you all are on your way to achieving your goals this week. :)
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    How do I access the spreadsheet to see if you got my info?
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    My goal for this week is to do 15 minutes of cardio a day - I will be moving next weekend and it's not realistic to think I'll get to 40 minutes a day *this* week, so that will be my goal to work up to in the next month. 15 minutes is more doable, so maybe I will actually DO it instead of looking at 40 and thinking "not possible", so just not doing any. :blushing:
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join this? I am really looking for a challenge group and this looks like a good one!
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Today is my 4th day, so far had 16 glasses of water, was able to adhere to food timings and had healthy meals and in some time will do my workout most probably 30 DS level1 . Yeiiii 3 more days to go... so far so good.I hope i dont goof up on weekend. Hoping to see exciting number on scale on monday.
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    My goals for the week: to drink at the MINIMUM 1 gallon (64 oz) of water a day... and to exercise at the MINIMUM 90 minutes this week...

Goals met for the day! I walked for 2 friggin hours today... my smart idea to take the kids for a walk to the farmers market, and my smart idea to go the WRONG way... DOH! But hey, I got 3 days worth of exercise in one day :) That just means when I start 30DS tomorrow, it's a bonus!

Good luck everyone!

Sounds like some great goals to start with for our first week. Keep it up! Chug-a-lug that water!! ;)
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    All of the stats I have received have been updated. If your stats are not displayed in the spreadsheet, please let me know. Also, if you do not have access to the spreadsheet, let me know and I will forward a link to you.

Hope you all are keeping up with your goals for the week.
    The weekend is upon us, and for some that proves to become more of a challenge. Be strong and keep pushing forward because the light at the end of our Thanksgiving Challenge tunnel will be upon us before we know it!
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    NEW POWER MOVE FOR WALKERS
    Step up your walking routine with this simple move
    (via Prevention.com)

Do this toning exercise 3 times a week, and you'll soon be striding up hills with ease (and burning megacalories). The mini­squats tone muscles in your hips, thighs, and rear, while balancing over the ball firms your core, says Minnesota-based physical therapist Michelle Schwahn.

Around the World Toning Exercise: Sit on stability ball, feet hip-width apart, arms bent at sides. Press into heels, lifting butt an inch off ball (extend arms if needed for balance). Step right foot, then left foot, to right a few inches. Lower, touch butt to ball, then lift again, taking another step around ball to right. Continue to lift, step, and lower until you've rotated back to start. Repeat in opposite direction.
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    My goal for the week is to actually track my water.I take a bottle with me on my walks, and spend the rest of the day drinking decaf back tea.Yesterday evening I bought a bottle and it's been everywhere with me today, but I haven't opened it yet!

Be sure to open that bottle and drink away! Doesn't do much good to sit in the bottle and not in your body, but I definitely do understand. Drinking water is one of the bigger challenges I face. I'd prefer a soda over water any day of the week..
    So, with that said, "Bottoms Up"!!!
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    Week goal: Make some delicious healthy meals & have them ready for quick lunches and dinners throughout the week!

Great goal and one I need to do as well. I tend to fail at eating healthy when I don't have food prepared for lunch the following day. If I come to work empty-handed then I tend to snack on junk food or go out and buy fast food.
    Your goal is a great way to have healthy meals ready and not spend the money or calories on a quick fix meal of carry-out food.
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    My goal for this week is to do 15 minutes of cardio a day - I will be moving next weekend and it's not realistic to think I'll get to 40 minutes a day *this* week, so that will be my goal to work up to in the next month. 15 minutes is more doable, so maybe I will actually DO it instead of looking at 40 and thinking "not possible", so just not doing any. :blushing:

Good luck with your move! Remember that all the energy you will be exerting from lifting, squating, and walking will help meet your goal of cardio per day. :)
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    Today is my 4th day, so far had 16 glasses of water, was able to adhere to food timings and had healthy meals and in some time will do my workout most probably 30 DS level1 . Yeiiii 3 more days to go... so far so good.I hope i dont goof up on weekend. Hoping to see exciting number on scale on monday.

Sounds like you've got some good goals started for this week. Just keep track of your meals over the weekend and that will help keep you accountable and stay within your calorie limits. Good luck!!
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thank you and i am making my mirror accountable for my work. Good luck to you too.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I did great with the water yesterday. After several days of coming in around 130-140 oz I got over 210 oz yesterday! I couldn't stop drinking! Hoping today to get at least 160 oz.

Today I'm planning on starting the 100 push up plan. http://hundredpushups.com I've been doing push ups for a few weeks now so I'm hoping this will give me a solid routine to follow. I can't do the standard ones and even though I can do knee ones most days with my fibromyalgia I would prefer not to have days that I can't so I'm doing wall push ups for now. After just a few weeks I can already tell the difference!

Hope everyone is doing well!!!
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    I did great with the water yesterday. After several days of coming in around 130-140 oz I got over 210 oz yesterday! I couldn't stop drinking! Hoping today to get at least 160 oz.

Today I'm planning on starting the 100 push up plan. http://hundredpushups.com I've been doing push ups for a few weeks now so I'm hoping this will give me a solid routine to follow. I can't do the standard ones and even though I can do knee ones most days with my fibromyalgia I would prefer not to have days that I can't so I'm doing wall push ups for now. After just a few weeks I can already tell the difference!

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

What a great exercise! Perhaps we should make this the next group goal to work on. We certainly have the 6 weeks to dedicate to it while we're on our weight-loss quest.
    Anyone else willing to give it a try?