Thanksgiving Challenge - 08/17-11/23 // (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    So far our group has had a total loss of 25.1 pounds!!!
    That's a fantastic start for our first week!

That deserves another happy dance!
    snoopydance.gif

WTG Group!!!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    my current weight is 144. i have been dieting for about a month along with exercise and i am not loose as much as i'd like to it's so frustrating!! i stopped drinking as much diet coke as i used to. i am down to 1 or 2 a week instead of a day and i drink a lot more water then i did. i dont understand!!

Sometimes it's crazy frustrating like that. Do you feel like you are on target calorie wise? Your diary in not public so I'll take some stabs in the dark...

Make sure you get tons of water - it really is important to have a lot. I have heard that if take how many pounds you weigh and divide that by 2, you will have a good number of ounces of water a day to shoot for. So a 200lb person would aim to drink 100 ounces a day.

Getting lots of sleep. Your body does a lot of it's work while you sleep. The fat fairy only comes to whisk away my pounds when I am sleeping well. (very annoying!)

Try swapping a processed item with a fresh one as often as possible. I think eliminating some of the extra sodium, and weirdo chemicals really helps. (just don;t look at my diary, it's full of hotdogs and ham today) :D
  • Seagazer
    Seagazer Posts: 66
    Options
    I've just read through the last couple of pages, as I've been away since Sunday. Well done everyone! Sounds like we are all keeping focussed and spurred on by this group.
    I was a bit dubious about 4 days in a hotel, and then I had to add a 5th, as it meant eating out for every meal, and I love to try different things. I figured if I got up earlier each morning and walked along the Thames for an hour it'd be a good start, and I managed that (cough, cough) once. Well, the rain started the 2nd day I was there and I didn't have a coat/jacket or umbrella! Also the conference started at 8.00. Still, I only took the lift twice at the hotel (when I had my case with me), the rest of the time I took the stairs. At the conference, I took the stairs every time, I lost count of the times people told me there was a lift !(I walk with a stick).
    I ate really well for breakfast, less than a sandwich for lunch and fine dining every night , so I really wasn't looking forward to the step on the scales - but I'm down to 98.5 kilo ! I think I may use my stairs more at home! (and for next year ask for a room on a higher floor, I was only on the 2nd!!)
  • Seagazer
    Seagazer Posts: 66
    Options
    So far our group has had a total loss of 25.1 pounds!!!
    That's a fantastic start for our first week!

That deserves another happy dance!
    snoopydance.gif

I love this happy dance, but love the fact that the group has lost so much even more!
  • AshDHart
    Options
    I ate really well for breakfast, less than a sandwich for lunch and fine dining every night , so I really wasn't looking forward to the step on the scales - but I'm down to 98.5 kilo ! I think I may use my stairs more at home! (and for next year ask for a room on a higher floor, I was only on the 2nd!!)

That is awesome! Congrats on a successful conference week!
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    We are entering our second weekend of our challenge.
    What changes are you going to make to keep yourself on track? Last weekend I had a bit of a popcorn binge. Oops!
    What seems to help me is to mentally plan my meals out for the day ahead of time. If I track my food here in MFP of what I anticipate on having for the day, it helps me to move foods around before I've even consumed any calories.

Last night I attended a high school football game and shared nachos and a carne adovada burrito. The calories threw me a bit over my daily allowance of calories. So for the next game I will plan my day to allow extra goodies at the game.

My biggest goal for this weekend is to remain consistent on keeping up with my water goal. I've been good all week of consuming at least 32oz, but on the weekend I tend to grab sodas out of the fridge rather than water.

What is your goal?
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    I am going to stick to eating one fresh fruit/veg a day, and also try to hit my water levels.
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    I am going to stick to eating one fresh fruit/veg a day, and also try to hit my water levels.

Sounds like a great goal. I definitely need to buy more fruit. Had an orange yesterday that was just so sweet it made me want more!
  • AshDHart
    Options
    My goal is to keep the fat grams in check. They got a bit high this past month.
  • gossipgirl11
    Options
    My goal is to track my meals for the entire week and not eat past 7PM. I'm a bit of a late night snacker ; )
  • AmyMW7
    AmyMW7 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I just want to get through next week without too much damage!

My husband is taking vacation at home, so it'll be hard to eat well. . . not to mention he came home tonight with a tub of red vines!!

School activities start and my oldest son turns 15!

it's going to be a crazy busy week for me!

soooo - my goal (this is good to make a solid goal this week) is to stay away from all things sweet (candy, cake, treats) and drink more water!

and since my husband will be home all week, i can get out and exercise better - I'll do 5 days this week.

-Amy
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    Sounds like several of you have some good goals in place for the weekend and upcoming week.
    Good for you!!!
    I've not yet had water today so i'm already slacking on one of my goals. it's been a busy morning and we've just stepped back in the door only to head out again in a few minutes....
    Have a great Saturday everyone!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Does coffee count as a fruit/ veg? -sigh-
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been on this post in awhile. I've been working some long days.

I'v'e readjusted my initial MFP weight by 7 pounds because it was getting too hard to do the math in my head when people asked me how much weight i've lost. That's why my weight ticker looks different now.

My adjustment this week - I'm cutting down on fruits because I am eating too much sugar according to my trainer. I love fruit!!! but I was eating about 7 or 8 servings a day. Although that's much better than the 3-4 candy bars I used to eat every day, it's not ideal for weight loss.
  • momof6monkees
    Options
    My biggest challenge is water. My goal is to drink one bottle of water on each break on my 8 hour days. Then when I get home, drink one more bottle. On those short days where I only get one break, I will drink two bottles before work, one on break, and one after work. On my days off is the real challenge :P I guess I could give myself 4 "15 minute breaks" in which I drink one bottle of water on each break. That will give me my 64 oz minimum.

Great job so far everyone!
  • momof6monkees
    Options
    Also, since I have to get up at 7am this week to get my 12 year old to school, it will be a good time to do some 30DS... Since my earliest work time this week is 10am.
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely nervous for weigh in this week! I had a massive weekend and there was a fair bit of indulging.

I now live in Australia and the rest of my family lives in the states so I barely ever see them. My dad just found out about a business trip to India, so he rearranged his trip to stop on the Gold Coast and flew me out there for the weekend. We had an amazing time together, but it involved a fair bit of drinking and some pretty indulgent dinners! Tried to be okay for breakfast and lunch, but the dinners were massive! Did a work out both days as well and I've gotten back on track since I've been home, but I'm just hoping that if there is movement in the scales, it goes downward! xx
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Alright, I just decided it's time to try this 30 Day Shred that everyone raves about! September is 30 days long, so why not start there! The first is also pretty darn close to the beginning of our 3rd week. I will be getting myself some light dumb bells and starting this program on the 1st if anyone else is up for the challenge! :)
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Alright, I just decided it's time to try this 30 Day Shred that everyone raves about! September is 30 days long, so why not start there! The first is also pretty darn close to the beginning of our 3rd week. I will be getting myself some light dumb bells and starting this program on the 1st if anyone else is up for the challenge! :)

I have been really thinking about doing the 30ds, i am not a big fan of Jillian but I get excited when I here other people talk about it.
  • shauna121211
    Options
    Let's do it!!!!

I have been really thinking about doing the 30ds, i am not a big fan of Jillian but I get excited when I here other people talk about it.