Thanksgiving Challenge - 08/17-11/23 // (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hey, howz everyone doing....here is my update:

Starting of the 5th day... its weekend and i am so hoping that i dnt end up binging..I hate it when i goof up and later feel guilty for overeating. I have a bit of migraine today, will take med before it ruins my entire day.
    My regimen is so strict, if my dietician says a snack @10 , it has to be @10, i cannot even stretch it to 10:15.... That ways your body knows exactly when u r gonna eat and most importantly, 5 minutes before every meal i have to drink 2 glasses of water, it curbs your hunger and completes your water intake for the day.. So far its working, in 4 days i have lost a pound and a half and i am so excited for final weigh in on monday.
    Regarding exercise i get bored very easily with any given workout, just started with 30 day shred, completed 2 days on level 1 , hoping to continue with it and finish entire 30 days..fingers crossed.:bigsmile:
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

I'm cleaning out the closet and getting rid of clothing that doesn't fit me today! Then on to the Macy's one-day sale with my daughter!

Ash - Great job with the push up challenge. I can't join in because of an injury, but I'm with you in spirit.

Jrnygirl - Thanks for this challenge. I keep visualizing what it will be like at Thanksgiving, slimmer, healthier, and happier.

Sweettooth - you are doing so well! The first few weeks are a huge adjustment. Keep it up!

Have a great day everyone!
  • sweettoothfairy
    Options
    I am gonna finish my day 5 with a pat on my back... no cheating , drank a lot of water and did 25 minutes of walkaerobics plus level 2 of 30 day shred.

This challenge is keeping me so motivated to workout and eat clean everyday , I am loving it... I still remember the day when i was 237 lbs, gosh i dont wanna go back there, never, ever.
  • AmyMW7
    AmyMW7 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm in on the Push-up challenge.
    That's something easy that i can do at home every day.

I've got 3 middle school boys and i'll make them do it with me:-)
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    NEW POWER MOVE FOR WALKERS
    Step up your walking routine with this simple move
    (via Prevention.com)

Do this toning exercise 3 times a week, and you'll soon be striding up hills with ease (and burning megacalories). The mini­squats tone muscles in your hips, thighs, and rear, while balancing over the ball firms your core, says Minnesota-based physical therapist Michelle Schwahn.

Around the World Toning Exercise: Sit on stability ball, feet hip-width apart, arms bent at sides. Press into heels, lifting butt an inch off ball (extend arms if needed for balance). Step right foot, then left foot, to right a few inches. Lower, touch butt to ball, then lift again, taking another step around ball to right. Continue to lift, step, and lower until you've rotated back to start. Repeat in opposite direction.

I bet you could also also do this with a dining room (armless) style chair - you wouldn't be able to go ALLLLL the way around but still get a similar effect.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Thank you and i am making my mirror accountable for my work. Good luck to you too.
    Ya know what would be neat? Outline your body in the mirror and then watch as you shrink in from the lines. I wonder how to draw it accurately though???
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    OK, so if I make the turkey spanking video I am only going to share it with those of you who make it to the end with me, when I get to 172, just before T-day.
  • sweettoothfairy
    Options
    OK, so if I make the turkey spanking video I am only going to share it with those of you who make it to the end with me, when I get to 172, just before T-day.

You gave us another reason to stick around till the end LOL :P
  • Seagazer
    Seagazer Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm away now for a four day business conference, I get back Weds eve. It is a full programme, starting at 08 15 through til the evening, so I hope I can get some walking in somewhere. I'm a bit concerned about conference and hotel food, I really don't want to mess up. I won't be able to weigh in til I am back home, but I've packed my tape measure!!

Can anyone tell me how to get to the spreadsheet please?
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm in on the Push-up challenge.
    That's something easy that i can do at home every day.

I've got 3 middle school boys and i'll make them do it with me:-)

Sounds good! I tried to get my daughter to do it but she wasn't feeling good. I'm going to ask her again in a few days.

Did the first day test. Keep in mind I'm doing wall push ups and have been doing them a few times a week for a few weeks but I was able to do 30 before my arms said no more!
  • AshDHart
    Options
    I'm away now for a four day business conference, I get back Weds eve. It is a full programme, starting at 08 15 through til the evening, so I hope I can get some walking in somewhere. I'm a bit concerned about conference and hotel food, I really don't want to mess up. I won't be able to weigh in til I am back home, but I've packed my tape measure!!

Can anyone tell me how to get to the spreadsheet please?

Sent you a PM with a link for the spreadsheet.

Good luck with the conference! Hopefully, you can find some time to walk around some.
  • Seagazer
    Seagazer Posts: 66
    Options
    Aww thank you, and Im going to follow your example and start the wall press ups. To think I used to do 'crucifix' press ups and now I'm dubious about doing kneeling ones (all my knee ligaments and tendons have been damaged which doesn't help!).
    Have a great Sunday!
  • AshDHart
    Options
    Aww thank you, and Im going to follow your example and start the wall press ups. To think I used to do 'crucifix' press ups and now I'm dubious about doing kneeling ones (all my knee ligaments and tendons have been damaged which doesn't help!).
    Have a great Sunday!

Had to google that. OMG is all I have to say! That is really tough looking!
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and Happy Monday!
    Er.... uh... what's so good about a Monday? Strike that!
    Hope all of you survived the weekend okay and kept your goals in tact.
    I fell short of my water goal over the weekend and consumed much soda in lieu of water. bad, bad me.

Today is another day and it's back on track with the water goal. I've got my lunch bag stock full of food and healthy snacks for the day so that I stay away from bad-snacking habits (thanks to bf for packing it for me).

How was your weekend? Any successes or failures? Remember that any failure is just a small set-back. It's what counts today that will make the difference. So, make that difference!
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    If you did have a cheating moment or fell short of your goals this weekend, just remember that we do not weigh ourselves again until Wednesday morning, so you still have today and tomorrow to do a bit of damage control on any set-back you may have encountered.
    :happy:
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    I was going to post some helpful hints that I've found online, but not sure if it violates the posting rules on the message boards. So, I'll just summarize what I've read and put it into my own words.....
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    MAKING SMALL CHANGES IN YOUR DAILY ROUTINE CAN HELP BOOST YOUR WEIGHT LOSS

We'll look at a few helpful hints every day this week that we can easily incorporate into our daily routines to help with our weight loss quest.

1. TRACK YOUR MEALS
    After every meal you have, whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner, or those snacking meals we have in between, be sure to track what you've eaten. This helps to keep you accountable for how much you are consuming and will help to show you whether your choices or portions are healthy for you.

2. DON'T REACH FOR SNACKS DURING COMMERCIALS, EXERCISE!
    When you're relaxing in front of the TV, instead of running to the refrigerator for an evening snack, get up and run in place for a couple of minutes. If running is not your cup of tea, stretch out on the carpet and do a few sit-ups or push-ups.

3. LIMIT YOUR HIGH-CALORIE FOODS TO ONCE A WEEK
    Whatever your favorite weakness (cookies, ice cream, fried foods), try to limit them to once a week. If you have several favorites and going cold turkey is too daunting of a task, try eliminating one high-calorie or high-fat food from your daily diet per week and replace with a healthier alternative. The next week, eliminate another high-cal/fat food and so on, until you allow yourself one of your favorite treats per week, but don't forget Portion Control !!!
  • mdagenb
    mdagenb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I didnt do too hot this weekend in terms of eating so my weekly goals this week are to be good the whole weekend! I never track my weekends just because im not on the computer as much and i just dont think about it but this weekend im going to hold myself accountable!
  • jrnygirl
    Options
    @mdagenb - If you have an iphone or android phone, you can download the fitness pal application for free. you can't look at the message boards, but you can look at people's status and log your food.
    i did get off track this weekend, that's why i'm determined to stay on track this week. And the reason why I made our weighing in days to be on wednesday, rather than monday. If we overindulge over the weekend, then it may skew our weight come monday morning, but if we have two days to get back in control then we will see the real progress come mid-week.
    ;)
  • vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have been a slacker with everything lately although I don't think I have been too bad, it just that I have not been keeping good track and have been eating some things that I have been trying to stay away from. This week I am going to get back on track. Taking my daughter back to school on Wednesday and going to load my refrigerator with good snacks and meals to cook and eat on my Wok and George Foreman evolve. Clean my house and refrigerator.