Im 35 Mother of 3 and im extremly Obese. and Scared

Options
124»

Replies

• sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I love the name future_hottie btw.

When I started (several years ago, and definitely in the obese category), I was definitely not motivated, but I wanted to enjoy exercising again. I started really really small, but cutting down on sugar, and going to Contours a few times a week. That is only 1/2 hr exercise at a time. You don't have to totally overhaul your life at one time, it can be gradual, and as you see success, that breeds success.

My heart goes out to you as I have nursed my terminally ill husband, and then my son who had cancer, so I know how hard it is to make yourself a priority. BUT without you where would they be? So you need to be the very best you can be.

My motivational talk to you is: "When I loved myself enough ......" you fill in the blank, you know you want it, now go out and get it!

GG
    Very well said
  • witstar
    witstar Posts: 25
    Options
    welcome! it's great that you are here and reaching out. it's a great site with great people to support you and who know what it's like. i get a lot of motivation from looking at the success stories of people that have lost a lot of weight. i look at them and realize that i can do that, too. and, so can you!

you got a lot of great advice in all the replies here. in a nutshell...

log everything on the site every day
    start to move
    drink water
    keep coming back

and i'll add.....try to think HEALTHY, not just thin. :)

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

sending love xoxo
  • tanialilly
    tanialilly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    weight loss is scarey, take your tiime, do not thinnk about then end goal think about 500 grams then thinks baout another 500 graqms , slowly but steady, and exercise it really really works
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I think it can be very overwhelming when you first start & look at how far you need to come. Been there. I am new to MFP, but not to the struggle. It has been lifelong for me, since 4th grade. I think it's best to take one step at a time. You have taken the first step by being here. I find for me, it's all about choices. Its about being conscious about everything I put in my mouth. Every meal & every day is not perfect, but I feel good about the positive choices I make, even if they're small. This keeps me accountable. Keep your head up. Make yourself & being healthier for your children a priority. It may take some time, but it will fall into place for you if you really want it. Good luck & you have support her, for sure.
  • marytine
    Options
    I wish you lots of luck on your weight loss journey. I know its hard to have motivation, but try to think of the people in your life who you love and how you want to be in their lives for a long time. I take the approach one day a time. I quit smoking after 24 years and I approached it the same way I am approaching my weight loss. One day at a time, kind of like an alcoholic except the food is the addiction. I would pray every morning and ask God to give me the strength to get through the day and help me to keep me on track. On the days that I didn't stay on track I didn't beat myself up about it I just said tomorrow I will try my best again. I am hoping this approach will work well for weight loss as well. Good Luck and keep us updated on your progress.
  • leapfrogs
    leapfrogs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Jean and I lost my mom to Obesisity and all that goes with it. (Diabetes,OCCPD,Asthma,kidney failiar-dialysis) and DEATH. My mom a beauitiful lady also a mother of three. She died at 368 lbs at the age of 61. Too young.

I tell you this because I am scared for you and will give you all the help and encouragement you need. I know its hard and you have no motivation even though your will is there. YOU must FORCE YOUR SELF EVERY DAY TO MOVE. Even though it might hurt or ache, keep moving...The worst case, DEATH.

No matter how old your are, you never get over the Death of your MOM. You have three beauitiful kids that the good Lord has blessed you with, go outside and toss the ball with them, take short walks whith them, they will get longer and longer. I can remember my mom sitting on the sidelines while my father ran with us pushed us on the swing, because it was difficult for her. Don't let your weight stop you, try everything and eventully it will get a bit easier and you will be able to do more.

I know we all have choices, people look at you and judge you. They think your less of a person because of your weight, they point and make comments behind your back or your kids friends will make coments to them about you. When you have health issues there are alot of things that you no longer have control over, like Diabetes. The weight just sticks to you and you are more at risk of putting more weight on and its even harder to take off. I don't know your circumstance, but with my mom, when she was diagonsised with diabetes, she started putting weight on like crazy. the two insalins she was taking made her blow up like a balloon.

I don't want to scare you, but I do want to realize you are not alone. Every person and situation is different. Help is here if you need it and lots of encouragement. After the guilt of loosing my mom, put on about 15 extra pounds that I absolutely did not need on my already 215 lb frame.

I look back at the horrific death of my mom, and how things could have been different, and I do not want that for my kids, so you are not alone. You have made the first step in many great choices with many more to come.

I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts and MFPs.

God Bless.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,580 Member
    Options
    Statistics show that obese kids usually have parents that don't offer good eating habits to them. Chances are your kids will end up like you if you don't do anything about it. That alone should be motivation enough.