Guys...what kind of flirting do you like?

Options
BrownEyedG1rl
BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
What can a girl do that will let you know for sure that she is into you? Without it being COMPLETELY obvious to other people.

I will be back into the dating scene sometime...sooner or later (starting the divorce process), and I feel like a newbie. I haven't dated since high school. Thanks!

Sorry if this is a completely stupid question. I thought it would fun at least. :bigsmile:

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    This is an excellent question, not a stupid one. As a woman who refuses to ask men on dates, I've always wondered myself what is the best way to let a man know you are interested without being too forward. I know not all men are the same in this regard, but if you're the kind of man who WANTS to be the pursuer, what tips you off that a woman is interested?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    As a man I can tell you, we like any. Any friendly attention being paid to a man is generally all a guy should need to take it from there and ask a girl out. If you are smiling, laughing and seem generally interested a guy will ask you out. Provided that he's attracted to you, available and isn't too scared to ask. Don't go over the top. Don't smile like a crazy woman and don't laugh at every word out of a guys mouth.

Just be yourself. That way you'll meet a guy who likes you for you.

Best of luck.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    To be honest a lot of the same things women like, men like.

A compliment, some physical contact (not groping obviously but guys would be more likely to like that anyway).

I always like when a woman made it obvious to me that she was interested in me. It could be small hints like running a hand down my arm, being a little more touchy feelly than a non-interested woman would be, or perhaps a complement on how I look or about my personality. Not to mention if you know each other previously, it can easy to tell by how a woman talks to you VS other guys you both hang around with. For instance when I worked with a woman once, I knew she liked me just for the fact that she smiled more and was more bubbly around me than the other guys in the office. If it's a stranger it's a little more difficult to do without being obvious.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    This is an excellent question, not a stupid one. As a woman who refuses to ask men on dates, I've always wondered myself what is the best way to let a man know you are interested without being too forward. I know not all men are the same in this regard, but if you're the kind of man who WANTS to be the pursuer, what tips you off that a woman is interested?

idk, I was only ever asked out by a woman once and I thought that was hot as hell. Women have the best of the deal in this regard.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Idk how to flirt. I usually just show up and take my pick.......haha jk
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    Cosmo - a lady divorceé's best friend. Filter through all the teenybopper bs and there's actually some decent stuff in there.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I've found the forward approach to letting them know you're interested is enjoyed the most. My current relationship began with "Dude. You're hot. Let's go bang." one year later....

:drinker:

Note: We waited until the third date:laugh:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Having recently gotten back into the dating game after a divorce, my advice is simple... don't play games. If you're interested, why not just say so? This isn't high school. I also think that if you're being friendly and geniune and having fun and asking to hang out (or whatever dating is like in your area), then he'll know. Be yourself, put yourself out there, and have fun with it.

Good luck in the short term, and in the long term.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I'd just give my number and seriously, if they are interested and man enough, you'll get a call on a date.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    A man can tell all by the look the girl gives him. Your eyes tell it all. That or small little brushes on his arm/hand while talking. Pretty much sends the flag up to the guy.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I've found the forward approach to letting them know you're interested is enjoyed the most. My current relationship began with "Dude. You're hot. Let's go bang."

This usually works. We're simple creatures, you know.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I need to start dating again too after a long relationship, so thanks for asking the question!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    A smile accompanied by a long look in the eyes.
    Nothing to overt but a light touch on the arm or shoulder.

Nice,sweet and much appreciated.:smile:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    What can a girl do that will let you know for sure that she is into you?

I wouldn't want to know for sure if a girl was into me. I think the mystery, the wondering, the "is she, isn't she" part adds excitement and spice to the interaction.

Personally, I think the best way to flirt is to give a man your attention, hold his gaze, smile, light touching (love that) position yourself close to him, laugh, be relaxed with him. Lots of non verbal stuff. What you say isn't so important.

If all else fails just go sit in his lap. He'll get the message...
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Forward and honest... pretty simple. Why do us guys always have to do all the dirty work??? Mystery and not knowing and all those little games are highly overrated.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Why do us guys always have to do all the dirty work???

Because we are guys and risk taking is part of our nature?

When I was single I never expected a woman to make the play. I didn't mind if she did but I considered it my job. I approach, I initiate, I do the work, she decides. What was the reward for all this risk taking and work? Pretty much never being without female attention or a date unless I wanted it for many years.

Is it unfair? Sure. It that the way it is? Pretty much.
  • RachelH25
    RachelH25 Posts: 108
    Options

I will be back into the dating scene sometime...sooner or later (starting the divorce process), and I feel like a newbie. I haven't dated since high school. Thanks!

Totally know the feeling! I've been thinking about starting the divorce process myself and feel alittle rusty.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options

Totally know the feeling! I've been thinking about starting the divorce process myself and feel alittle rusty.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options

Keep the picture of your *kitten* in lacy panties up and you're bound to get a few dates.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options

Keep the picture of your *kitten* in lacy panties up and you're bound to get a few dates.

I was gonna say, I hope this isn't how you flirt, especially as a married woman.