Ok ladies.... question

Options
krash999
krash999 Posts: 476 Member
ok not this may sound weird me asking this, but i have not been on many dates.... only went out with 2 people. one i had 1 date and the other lasted 7 1/2 years and just recently ended.... so since i have not had much experience in this area.... where would be the best place to meet women, and since i am a very shy person, how do i pick up if they might have any interest in actually getting to know me....

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    have you been to this site called myfitnesspal.com? I have heard it is the free version of match.com. :flowerforyou:
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I believe you just started the process with this post! Good Luck! :o)
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    A pub .....around 10 before the girls get really drunk.....
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Get active in some local things that interest you!

We have pub crawls, free downtown park happenings, free concerts and festivals and all sorts of things that go on that are full of singles!

Dog parks around here are big too...we actually have a bar that is a dog park/bar hahahaha!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

We have pub crawls, free downtown park happenings, free concerts and festivals and all sorts of things that go on that are full of singles!

Dog parks around here are big too...we actually have a bar that is a dog park/bar hahahaha!

+1
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    have you been to this site called myfitnesspal.com? I have heard it is the free version of match.com. :flowerforyou:

I agree!
  • krash999
    Options

Dog parks sound like fun. i have a small dog..... too bad i live in a small city that doesnt have much.. that i know of.....
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Don't go looking for the person...just start trying new things you might enjoy and see what happens. Take a class at a community college that sounds interesting (cooking, literature w/e your into) and since most of the people there will clearly like the subject as well, you'll already have something in common. Just take the class at night if you want to meet people older than 20 haha. and try to find out if the course is required for a lot of degrees or an elective!
  • trina1975
    Options
    Definitely get out and get involved in your community. Never hurts to make new guy friends. I'm sure some of them will have some single female friends.
    Just get out, do something different and have some fun.
    Good luck!
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    awww this is a sweet post. honestly, women are EVERYWHERE! be ready for the approach where ever you are. my best friend and i found our spouses when we werent trying. good luck..:bigsmile:
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I met my finace when he was a regular customer at the starbucks I worked at a few years ago! That being said I wouldn't count on every barista being single to start with (and it can sound odd to be asked that by a customer). Try the gym maybe? Perhaps there is someone who already has their sights on you there and you can help each other out! (Mention MFP! I found out from someone who was at the gym and I couldn't be more thankful!) Good luck! I'm positive you will find someone perfect for you!
  • 4vhughes
    4vhughes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Have you heard the saying "Do what you Love and the money will follow"? I think the same applies to dating. If you go looking for someone in a place you don't like to go, you are probably going to meet someone you don't like to date. If you find hobbies and interests of your own, you will meet people with the same interests and have a more solid start to a relationship.

And as pp mentioned, you like MFP so....

Good Luck :happy:
  • krash999
    Options
    Definitely get out and get involved in your community. Never hurts to make new guy friends. I'm sure some of them will have some single female friends.
    Just get out, do something different and have some fun.
    Good luck!

unfortunately i dont have all that much time to get out and do stuff other than what i currrently do... im at a local YMCA doing either a zumba class or swimming most of the time...
  • trina1975
    Options
    Have you ever thought about trying an online dating service? I've never tried it but I've had a couple of friends who did and actually wound up happily married.
  • krash999
    Options
    Have you ever thought about trying an online dating service? I've never tried it but I've had a couple of friends who did and actually wound up happily married.

ive thought about it, but i always feel creepy or perv like looking at sites like that..... i dont know why... but i have tried one recently.... but i get ignored at it... if i msg someone or something like that i never hear anything back.... good thing i am used to being ignored by the ladies or it might actually hurt...... :smile:
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Mate, i'm pretty shy myself but women are everywhere!

Just everywhere, I had a 10 min conversation with a women in a supermarket the other day. Never met her before in my life but she gave me her number! (i didn't even ask, she just volunteered it)

Had another one this morning waiting for a bus was talkin to her or a few mins then she said, "I'm going to 99 hanover street <name of a bar> later - maybe i'll see you there ?"

1. still not sent the first woman a text (no idea what to say)
    2. no intention of going out tonight to see the second woman (i don't want to go out drinking)

I have no problem meeting women, I just have a problem not ending up in the "friend zone"

Spark up a conversation anywhere, listen to what they have to say, ask pertinent questions, show a genuine interest. Even if it's not someone you'd like to date - it's good practice & good manners.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    If I think someone is cute i just ask about something nearby (ask about coffee spots, museums,etc)... Or maybe you could ask a girl at the supermarket some questions about something she's looking at. I think there is nothing wrong with flirting and it can give you a good read on how open a person is. If i can make you smile and laugh while getting produce then we may be perfect. Be open to love and it will find it's way into your life.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on line! :)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Match.com or eHarmony is really not a bad route unless you are very comfortable striking up a conversation with strangers at a regatta gala... I would steer clear of any "free" dating sites though. Creepy...
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    on line is where it's at! lol

if you live in a small town in Texas I hope it's not rude to suggest.......church?