Ok ladies.... question

Options

Replies

• 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    How about signing up for a dance class by yourself? My brother is doing that now, and they just pair him up with the single ladies. He's been getting numbers left and right!

oh that is funny.... me dance..... it is bad enough to see myself in the mirror when i try to attempt zumba..... besides who would want to partner up with a clumsy person like me in a dance class....

I was two left feet in Zumba, and my instructor said everyone starts that way, and gets better with practice! Now I salsa, reggaeton and merengue with the best of 'em! Maybe some woman will take pity on your dancing skills and take you on as her dancing project!

besides my friends at work already make fun of me enough for going to a zumba class.... how much worse do you think it would be if i tried to take up a dance class as well..... not to say it would not be fun since i think it would.... but still.....

Oh, do you really care what your friends think? You should try it. You never know who you'll meet. And you can partner up with a clumsy lady :)
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    i thank you all for your input... you have all given me something to think about.....
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Definitely get out and get involved in your community. Never hurts to make new guy friends. I'm sure some of them will have some single female friends.
    Just get out, do something different and have some fun.
    Good luck!

unfortunately i dont have all that much time to get out and do stuff other than what i currrently do... im at a local YMCA doing either a zumba class or swimming most of the time...

If I recall, Columbia isn't too far from Nashville I feel sure you can find some stuff that interests you and that would be something you'd have in common to start things off.
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    i thank you all for your input... you have all given me something to think about.....

You said you do Zumba? Lots of chicks there to strike up a convo with after class: "man, that was a great work out! how did you get started in Zumba?".. and etc.

Oh, and if you have a small dog, walk your dog. 1) counts as activity 2) small dogs are chick magnets.

You seem super nice and funny, and I'm with Mrs Con on the $5 bet.
  • krash999
    Options

You said you do Zumba? Lots of chicks there to strike up a convo with after class: "man, that was a great work out! how did you get started in Zumba?".. and etc.

Oh, and if you have a small dog, walk your dog. 1) counts as activity 2) small dogs are chick magnets.

You seem super nice and funny, and I'm with Mrs Con on the $5 bet.

unfortunately i live out in the country on a back road so the only people that would see me walking my dog are people in a REALLY low flying airplane or helicopter.... and as for the staying after class to talk... i ride there with my best friend and she is ready to pick up her kids and go home after class.... long story
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    How about signing up for a dance class by yourself? My brother is doing that now, and they just pair him up with the single ladies. He's been getting numbers left and right!

oh that is funny.... me dance..... it is bad enough to see myself in the mirror when i try to attempt zumba..... besides who would want to partner up with a clumsy person like me in a dance class....

I was two left feet in Zumba, and my instructor said everyone starts that way, and gets better with practice! Now I salsa, reggaeton and merengue with the best of 'em! Maybe some woman will take pity on your dancing skills and take you on as her dancing project!

besides my friends at work already make fun of me enough for going to a zumba class.... how much worse do you think it would be if i tried to take up a dance class as well..... not to say it would not be fun since i think it would.... but still.....

You're not looking to marry your friends, have children with and spend the rest of your life with them, are you?
  • lcgallagher
    lcgallagher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    sounds to me like you need to be positive!! there's always time, whether thats in the zumba class or supermarket shopping. Be happy and positive in yourself and girls will instantly notice you. Stop searching and thinking of reasons why you cant do it and start knowing they're going to be attracted to happy confident people!! go get em! lx
  • krash999
    Options
    sounds to me like you need to be positive!! there's always time, whether thats in the zumba class or supermarket shopping. Be happy and positive in yourself and girls will instantly notice you. Stop searching and thinking of reasons why you cant do it and start knowing they're going to be attracted to happy confident people!! go get em! lx

is this being positive enough for you.... i am positive that i will win that $5 bet? :laugh:
  • Shabawan
    Shabawan Posts: 37
    Options
    this is the best dating tip i have ever heard....you are defo a wise person, let me start from you are u single? :p
    The best advice I ever got about meeting new people was to set a goal to get *turned down* by 50 guys I approached. It really takes the pressure off.

Approach a lady in the supermarket, on the sidewalk, wherever - tell her that she's beautiful and ask if she would be interested in getting coffee sometime.

If she says no - success! If she says yes - a different kind of success.

If your goal is 50 turn-downs I guarantee you'll never reach that number. I will bet you $5! :bigsmile:
  • Shabawan
    Shabawan Posts: 37
    Options
    WHAT I guess you are not looking properly...
    Omg! Just come to England. We really need good men here, seriously!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    ONLINE!!!

Go play WoW, Rift, etc etc Some pretty awesome women are found lurking in those realms! =P
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I met my now hubby, 3 years ago on a free site called: plentyoffish.com.....
  • ladysandy
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Get active in some local things that interest you!

We have pub crawls, free downtown park happenings, free concerts and festivals and all sorts of things that go on that are full of singles!

Dog parks around here are big too...we actually have a bar that is a dog park/bar hahahaha!

Dog parks sound like fun. i have a small dog..... too bad i live in a small city that doesnt have much.. that i know of.....

Okay so you live in a small town, but then again you do have places were you can get active in local activities and you will meet friends of other friends and there is where you will meet your lady!
  • ladysandy
    Options
    I met my husband on line! :)
    Me toooo and we are going on 10years this year ! :happy:
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Have confidence in yourself! Negativity can show in your body language, so you need to be proud of all that you have accomplished so far, and secure in your own self-worth. Do activities you enjoy without worrying about what your friends think. I love seeing guys in Zumba class! Chat up some of the ladies there.

Join Meetups.com and look for something fun to do. They have all kinds of meet ups. If you're a history buff, look for a chapter of a group called the SCA (sca.org); a medieval and renaissance re-creation group. That group is one of the best ways to meet people that I've seen, and it's fun as well. My husband teaches a dance class through the SCA, and I can tell you that women do like men who can dance. Dating sites do work as well, a couple of good friends of mine met that way.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Dude, you've more or less shot down all of the 900 ideas that these lovely, attractive MFP ladies have suggested. You finally decided it was time for you to lose weight and get healthy and you're doing it. Now stop with the excuses and get your *kitten* in the dating pool. Just do it brotha.......
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    Reverse question for me.

I haven't gone out in a date in 2 months!!! :(

I'm not shy at all and I do notice guys will stare at me but they NEVER come up and say anything. WTF is that all about :(
    I'm not into the whole club/bar thing anymore and i'm taking this semester off. it's pretty hard to meet decent guys.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    haha she's right.
  • messyinthekitchen
    Options
    Some men are intimidated by beautiful women. Try approaching them.
  • messyinthekitchen
    Options
    K I love Warcraft but never in a million years would I meet a guy off there. I can't be attracted to someones toon lol.