Ok ladies.... question

Options

Replies

• krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    my sister has met most of her ex boyfriends and even her 2 ex husbands online through dating sites...... but i dont know.... i tried one over the last week or so and have been ignored by everyone so far.....
  • krash999
    Options
    i live in a small town in tennessee.... and it is not rude to suggest church.... unfortunately 70+% of the people in my church are elderly and the rest are either children or married couples
  • trina1975
    Options
    Some churches have activities for singles. You might want to check on that. I understand though. I'm from the south too. Not much to do back home!
  • Kelnurse
    Kelnurse Posts: 145
    Options
    have you been to this site called myfitnesspal.com? I have heard it is the free version of match.com. :flowerforyou:

I was just gonna suggest this :wink:
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Match.com or eHarmony is really not a bad route unless you are very comfortable striking up a conversation with strangers at a regatta gala... I would steer clear of any "free" dating sites though. Creepy...

honestly, I met my husband on a free dating site that oddly enough no longer exists....
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Match.com or eHarmony is really not a bad route unless you are very comfortable striking up a conversation with strangers at a regatta gala... I would steer clear of any "free" dating sites though. Creepy...
    eHarmony told me I was unmatchable, after I spent all that time answering their questions. :sad:

But I like to think it was b/c hubby was not on eHarmony. He was on Yahoo Personals. That's where we met. :smooched:

happily ever after...
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    The best advice I ever got about meeting new people was to set a goal to get *turned down* by 50 guys I approached. It really takes the pressure off.

Approach a lady in the supermarket, on the sidewalk, wherever - tell her that she's beautiful and ask if she would be interested in getting coffee sometime.

If she says no - success! If she says yes - a different kind of success.

If your goal is 50 turn-downs I guarantee you'll never reach that number. I will bet you $5! :bigsmile:
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    have you been to this site called myfitnesspal.com? I have heard it is the free version of match.com. :flowerforyou:

With women like ^ running around? Happy hunting, bro! ;-)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: but, not actually me, because A) I am married and B) I do not actually run. :wink:
  • krash999
    Options
    The best advice I ever got about meeting new people was to set a goal to get *turned down* by 50 guys I approached. It really takes the pressure off.

Approach a lady in the supermarket, on the sidewalk, wherever - tell her that she's beautiful and ask if she would be interested in getting coffee sometime.

If your goal is 50 turn-downs I guarantee you'll never reach that number. I will bet you $5! :bigsmile:

i kinda think that would be the quickest way to lose $5..... only followed by buying a $5 powerball ticket.. :laugh:
  • krash999
    Options

With women like ^ running around? Happy hunting, bro! ;-)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: but, not actually me, because A) I am married and B) I do not actually run. :wink:

crap.... now i gotta run after them..... ill never meet someone then ..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    met my hubby at a yard sale!

get out of the house and smile and just be your nice self. :)

and congrats on your amazing weight loss!
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Mate, i'm pretty shy myself but women are everywhere!

Just everywhere, I had a 10 min conversation with a women in a supermarket the other day. Never met her before in my life but she gave me her number! (i didn't even ask, she just volunteered it)

Had another one this morning waiting for a bus was talkin to her or a few mins then she said, "I'm going to 99 hanover street <name of a bar> later - maybe i'll see you there ?"

1. still not sent the first woman a text (no idea what to say)
    2. no intention of going out tonight to see the second woman (i don't want to go out drinking)

I have no problem meeting women, I just have a problem not ending up in the "friend zone"

Spark up a conversation anywhere, listen to what they have to say, ask pertinent questions, show a genuine interest. Even if it's not someone you'd like to date - it's good practice & good manners.

That's good advice for any man, single or in a relationship! Listen, do not try to fix!
  • ocrunner11
    ocrunner11 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You have courage to post your feeling especially if you are shy and if I were to give advice, I would say start with an activity that you enjoy, say: running, swimming, going to the gym if not an interest: music, movies, sports games, chances are you will find a female that may have the same interest, then when you meet start out with a question regarding the activity, "I see you like football, what is your favorite team?" Listen to the reply and take the next step to continue the conversation.
    Good luck, you are on the right path :flowerforyou:
  • martinah4
    Options
    How about signing up for a dance class by yourself? My brother is doing that now, and they just pair him up with the single ladies. He's been getting numbers left and right!
  • krash999
    Options
    How about signing up for a dance class by yourself? My brother is doing that now, and they just pair him up with the single ladies. He's been getting numbers left and right!

oh that is funny.... me dance..... it is bad enough to see myself in the mirror when i try to attempt zumba..... besides who would want to partner up with a clumsy person like me in a dance class....
  • martinah4
    Options

oh that is funny.... me dance..... it is bad enough to see myself in the mirror when i try to attempt zumba..... besides who would want to partner up with a clumsy person like me in a dance class....

I was two left feet in Zumba, and my instructor said everyone starts that way, and gets better with practice! Now I salsa, reggaeton and merengue with the best of 'em! Maybe some woman will take pity on your dancing skills and take you on as her dancing project!
  • Leanne1795
    Leanne1795 Posts: 186
    Options
    Omg! Just come to England. We really need good men here, seriously!
  • krash999
    Options

I was two left feet in Zumba, and my instructor said everyone starts that way, and gets better with practice! Now I salsa, reggaeton and merengue with the best of 'em! Maybe some woman will take pity on your dancing skills and take you on as her dancing project!

besides my friends at work already make fun of me enough for going to a zumba class.... how much worse do you think it would be if i tried to take up a dance class as well..... not to say it would not be fun since i think it would.... but still.....
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

i kinda think that would be the quickest way to lose $5..... only followed by buying a $5 powerball ticket.. :laugh:

Hey I always figure I at least have a chance with the Powerball ticket. :laugh:
  • Rosie_66
    Rosie_66 Posts: 27
    Options
    I agree with hsh0927; don't go looking for love and you'll find it. After searching & dating for years, I had resigned myself to being a spinster...and old maid with a bunch of cats or something...heh heh. When I stopped looking I relaxed when talking to men without thinking 'is he the one?' When I met my husband, we became great friends and he turned out to be the man of my dreams. Just relax and it will happen to you; you'll KNOW when it does. :love: