Stressed and Getting Healthy! new group

Options
This is a new group for people who have problems with stress and anxiety, and of course, weightloss. You can come here to vent, and update us on how you are doing in your journey. Anyone can join if they choose to do so!

Replies

• ChristalJo
    Options
    How do we join? I am still new enough not to know how to do this :(
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    How do we join? I am still new enough not to know how to do this :(

All you need to do is come here and post and you are in! I've never started a group on here but really wanted to for stress/anxiety so I said why not.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I've got problems with stress/anxiety. So does my boyfriend. Living together and trying to help each other is like two drowning people trying to save one another. We try our best but we are still going crazy! (I feel like our relationship is not stressed, though, thankfully!)

I have a hard time working/housekeeping/staying healthy/schoolwork all in the same week. It is too easy for me to 'skip' my exercises because I am 'too busy' then fall asleep from being too stressed... then not be able to sleep at night.. urg it's a horrible cycle!

I feel -so- good when I do exercise, I try to remind myself that when I am postponing it. I have lost nearly 30 pounds this year and I am quite proud of that.

I hope this group will help all of us ease some stresses and see that others are going through it too. Maybe we can find a coping strategy and share with each other :)
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started this whole journey (this time) due to anxiety. Was going through so much stress, change, conflict....the rug got ripped out from under me and I didn't know which way was up.

One day, I hopped on the treadmill to try to calm myself, to think/have me time and to burn off the anxious energy. And guess what? It worked.

It's nearly 9 months later, and when I don't work out, I MISS it. It's kinda like getting high-naturally, healthfully, legally. ha ha. So I can totally relate.

:smile:
  • Zombella
    Options
    I have had problems with stress/anxiety since I was young. I work from home, and because of that I stress a lot about work. I work very hard for not so much.. which means I often stress about getting enough for whatever bills. Because of that, I stress out when I take time out to work out, even though the exercise makes me feel better.

I actually have had panic attacks in the past, and I am trying to learn how to control my stress/anxiety, but watching what I eat and "messing up" also causes me anxiety.
  • jslmom1
    jslmom1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too need a stress/ anxiety group. I am a 38 yr old mom to very active 3 yr old boy. I am an emotional eater who lacks any motivation at all when it comes to dieting/exercise. I am hoping you guys can help me with that.... I work full time and really have a hard time finding time to exercise. When I get stressed I go for anything sweet..... I'd eat a dog turd if it were dipped in chocolate :) please friend me.. I NEED MOTIVATION!!!!!!
  • MissaUndead
    Options
    Would love to join! I have always suffered from anxiety most of my life. Have had panic attacks. This group will be very helpful :happy:
  • laureneva15
    Options
    Can this include depression as well? Cos that always kicks off my anxiety and stress.:frown:
  • Zombella
    Options
    I'm happy so many people have joined already! =D

I figured I would also say what my weight and goals are..

CW=238
    GW=140ish

The reason I even started MFP was because I went to the doctor for the first time in 4 years (finally had insurancve) and I weighed 252 pounds. That was a HUGE wakeup call. Also, I have problems with blood pressure so losing the weight helps me not have to go on medication.
  • Zombella
    Options
    Can this include depression as well? Cos that always kicks off my anxiety and stress.:frown:

Yes, this can include depression
  • squeak1989
    Options
    I'll join. I suffer from social anxiety/ phobia.

I did lose alot of weight last year, but as my fear over leaving the house has increased so has my lack of exercise. Anxiety tends to make me feel sick at the time but then after a panic attack I'm left exhausted and wanting to eat everything in sight.
  • Zombella
    Options
    Welcome to the group!

Has anyone ever run a group on here?
  • Zombella
    Options
    Anxiety tends to make me feel sick at the time but then after a panic attack I'm left exhausted and wanting to eat everything in sight.

I hear you there. I remember before I started dieting I could eat all day and would never feel full. I don't even want to know the amount of calories or fat I took in back then. Whenever I get aggravated exercise usually helps but I still feel guilty if I eat something that I know I shouldn't.
  • saeverman
    Options
    Hi my name is Stephanie. I had weight loss surgery almost 9 years ago. I lost 140 pounds and was able to keep it off until I had to take steroids. I regained 90 pounds in 6 months. I have been able to lose about 60 of the 90. I suffered from depression and anxiety before surgery and it has just been worse since surgery. I have about 30 pounds to lose and could use any encouragement, so this group sounds great!

SW: 191
    GW: 160

Stephanie E
  • Zombella
    Options
    Welcome Stephanie!
  • Zombella
    Options
    So my fiance just brought home TWO DOZEN donuts. Sweets like this are basically my downfall. I already ate three (and feel bad about it).. Should I just leave them in the fridge to go bad since he probably won't eat them? I really don't want to eat them (any more at least) because I am working really hard. I also don't want him to feel bad because I know he bought them trying to be nice. :sick:
  • saeverman
    Options
    So what day do you want us to report our weigh in? I don't have a set day that I weigh myself. What is everyone else's starting weight and goal weight? My goals for the week are to get in all my vitamins and protein! Hope everyone has a good week!

Stephanie E
  • Zombella
    Options
    Hmm not sure. What does everyone else think? I've never run a group on here before so any help would be much appreciated. I myself try to weigh in every Saturday or Sunday.
  • saeverman
    Options
    Sunday sounds good to me, although the scare didn't. It read 195.8.

Stephanie E