Tattoos, anyone?

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
I was just wondering how many of you guys have tattoos. They're certainly not an uncommon thing; I have two, myself. I've always been a believer, however, that something so permanent should be meaningful to the individual. As I said, I have two, both of which hold meaning. This is my most recent, it's on my neck (sorry it's blurry):

tat.jpg

Basically it's a sibling tattoo that I got with my brother and sister. Mine is the roman numeral 2 surrounded with decorations, my older sister got a 1, and my little brother got a 3. :) Simple, but I like it. The first one I got is on my wrist:

tat2.jpg

For those that don't read French, it translates to "Love Suffices." It's basically my own way of reminding myself that no matter what you have going on in your life, no matter how hard things get, as long as you have someone that loves you, whether it's your mother or your significant other, everything will work out fine. I got it on my wrist so that when I'm feeling down or depressed I can look at it easily and remind myself how lucky I am to be surrounded by people who love me.

For my last one I'm thinking about getting a Robert Frost quote across the top of my back or on my collar bone. I won't get it until I reach my goal weight, it will be my own way of reminding myself how far I've come and how I've "blossomed" into a healthier me. It's from the poem "The Rose Family" and it will say, "The rose is a rose, and was always a rose." It's sort of like saying that I've become a rose, and though I always have been, it's been kind of hidden away.

Anyone else want to share pics and/or meaning behind their tattoos? :) I'd love to hear some stories!

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Ankle and hip.

Hip is a picture of what my name means in Hebrew.
    Ankle is "love unconditionally."
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    Hi, i have a Dragon on my upper right arm to protect me from the ex wife and im planning on getting a memorial tattoo for my late sister in the next month or so.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    Ankle and hip.

Well, what does it mean in Hebrew? lol
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I only have one. It's a breas cancer awareness ribbon on my foot. My grandmother had IBC and lost the battle a few years ago.
    I am contemplating having a blue ribbon for (colorectal cancer) added beside/into it for my dad who is a survivor.

I also am thinking about another one, "go the distance," or something on the arch of my foot.
  • academical
    Options
    I have two, I tribal claddagh on my left shoulder, and the letters VnV on the back of my neck... (Stands for "Victory, not Vengeance")
  • NYLatinaCR
    Options
    20 years old..... thigh..... panther
    14 years old...... lower back..... vine
    5 months old..... back of neck..... starburst
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have an eagle and "U.S.N" on my upper rigth arm. Got it in The Phillippines in '89. A 19 year old on shore leave drinking San Miguel and listening to Springsteen, it's bound to happen.
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I have 6 :smile:

My children's names on my upper back

A unicorn that my daughter picked out for me. It's a tramp stamp lol

The Chinese symbol for love with my husband's initials on my right ankle

A panda bear and a moon and star on my right foot. The panda bear is for my daughter (I call her my Kiera bear) and the moon and star is because I'm Wiccan

The Chinese symbol for prosperity and longevity on my left forearm. My husband has a matching one in the same spot.

I have 3 more planned. I want a gingerbread man and a sun on my left food. The gingerbread man is for my son as in "you can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man" When I was pregnant with him he would squirm all over the place to get away from the doplar and we still call him that :smile: The sun will balance out the moon and star on the other foot. I want something to symbolize my other son on my left ankle too. Just haven't decided what it is yet.
  • shrek1970uk
    shrek1970uk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have 5 tats lol!
    1 = my kids dates of birth
    2 = brown owl - for my late mum, who was always "Brown Owl" to so many kids who were in the Brownies
    3 = my husbands name
    4 = purple ribbon, with flowers and butterflies - got when I was 20 years in remission from Hodgkins Disease
    5 = Egyptian eye of horus - covers a bad scar

:noway:
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Ankle and hip.

Well, what does it mean in Hebrew? lol

I don't reveal my real name on the interwebs :-)
  • bookworm03
    bookworm03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have 3... I have a full back piece, a dragons eye on the back of my neck (cover up from letting a friend practice, how stupid was that?) and a moon with purple flames inside around my belly button ( another bright idea).
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've got six. Red Sox logo w/ Born into it between my shoulder blades
    Memorial tattoo for my best friend's Grandfather on my right shoulder
    hummingbird on my left shoulder
    butterfly/planet thing on my outer right calf
    fairy/planet thing on my inner right calf
    and my 1st was a dolphin on mu outer left calf
  • Gay11nell
    Gay11nell Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have all kids names in three different attached hearts, on my upper back -left shoulder blade and one big tat "brownsuga" across the lower back right above the buttocks! definitely want another one -not sure what.
  • sejunco
    sejunco Posts: 16
    Options
    I have one. A little butterfly on my ankle. It doesn't mean anything, I just have a *slight* obsession with butterflies.
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have 2, both on my shoulder blades. I had them done when I was 19 and 20.

One of them is a series of cat paw prints with the claw marks just visible and the other is a random design that looks like three 6's no matter which way you turn the design :wink:

My paw prints are my angel on my shoulder; I have been called feline way too many time (I love the sun, I love sleeping and I love to be stroked to sleep) and the 6's...the devil on my shoulder. Both sides of the same coin
  • Mandalynn304
    Mandalynn304 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Tree on my back, and a peacock from my hip to my thigh. In progress of work on my foot
  • dephillipsj1
    dephillipsj1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a son and moon on my left foot and Celtic Cross on my back which goes from the top of my back close to past the middle of my back and in between my shoulder blades. It's part of the reason I want to get in shape so I can wear things that are lower in the back to show it off.

Also I love Robert Frost and I've been wanting to get something from his poem "The Road Not Take" it's my favorite poem of all time. I really like "The Rose Family" poem and the line you want to take from it.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    My paw prints are my angel on my shoulder; I have been called feline way too many time (I love the sun, I love sleeping and I love to be stroked to sleep) and the 6's...the devil on my shoulder. Both sides of the same coin

Oh I love that, very original :)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    Also I love Robert Frost and I've been wanting to get something from his poem "The Road Not Take" it's my favorite poem of all time. I really like "The Rose Family" poem and the line you want to take from it.

The Road Not Taken is my very favorite Frost poem. I actually thought about getting a picture tattoo to represent the road that diverged in the yellow wood, but I'm not too big on picture tats, I like words and symbols personally. My favorite lines are the last three though, "Two roads diverged in a wood and I-/I took the one less traveled by./And that has made all the difference."