Tattoos, anyone?

Options

Replies

• LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i got one crappy tat of a phoenix on my upper right arm. that i cant wait to get covered up if i can find an artist i like and can some how afford there outrageous prices..lol
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    I have 6 . . . there are pictures in my profile.

My first one was a crab on my left foot.

My second one was a heart with paw prints walking through it on the right side of my chest.

My third was a red-eyed tree frog on the outer side of my right leg.

My fourth was a "swarm" of butterflies wrapping around my right ankle.

My fifth was a dinosaur that says "Rawr" . . . I saw it on http://ugliesttattoos.failblog.org/ and thought it was absolutely adorable. It's on my right thigh. My ex boyfriend and I re-designed it together and we both have one. (No, I don't regret it, even though we broke up.)

My sixth was an ambigram of my name on my left wrist. I got it because it's my name and you can read it both upside down and right side up . . . and that's awesome!!

My seventh will be a dandelion with its poof floating across my shoulder, turning into birds. (I get to get this one very soon, it's my 25 pound reward!)

My eighth will be a jungle scene leg piece on my left calf. (I have to lose 55 pounds to get that one.)

And the ninth will be an ocean scene on my back. (I have to lose 90 pounds for that one!)

As you can see, I loooooooove tattoos! Piercings too . . . I have 10 of those!
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have 13 tattoos....

Right arm....Tazmanian devil holding the Irish flag in one had and a shamrock in the other with Ireland written beneath him....Then I have a Celtic Knot arm band

Left arm....a cross with the word Sweetly above it and Broken beneath it

Right leg...outside side of calf I have my family crest...on the inside side of my calf I have the family crest of my biological mom's side

Left leg....Four tigers wrapped around my leg with one of my kids initials next to one (each tiger represents one of my kids) and above them all is a tiger with my initials representing me

On my back...below my neck is a 4 leaf clover with tribal coming off the sides shaded in the colors of the flag of Ireland....left side of my back is my guardian angel with the face of my bio mom....right side of my back is a pirate lady representing the lady I want to marry someday

More tattoos to come....
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    a 4 in 1 on my back and a single on my left thigh

Back piece is a triquetra, a pentacle, a tree of life and three stags (youth, hero and sage) with ivy intertwining.
    On my leg I have a cross, heart and fouled anchor

There are more to come ... Luna/Goddess on my left shoulder and green man on my right
    Cernunnos on my right thigh and the battling brothers Qetzcatl and tezcatlpotle on the bottom of my back eventually.

And a few more that I am still working concepts for...
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    wolf howling at the moon on my back, I have a pic in my pics on here
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    098a9578.jpg

8258dbad.jpg

This is part of my sleeve taken by the girl that tattoos me... The waves up top are now finished. I also have a nautical star on the outside of my arm with waves all thru it.
  • dephillipsj1
    dephillipsj1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Also I love Robert Frost and I've been wanting to get something from his poem "The Road Not Take" it's my favorite poem of all time. I really like "The Rose Family" poem and the line you want to take from it.

The Road Not Taken is my very favorite Frost poem. I actually thought about getting a picture tattoo to represent the road that diverged in the yellow wood, but I'm not too big on picture tats, I like words and symbols personally. My favorite lines are the last three though, "Two roads diverged in a wood and I-/I took the one less traveled by./And that has made all the difference."

Thats my favorite line as well. I think I might get that.
  • clairegreen1974
    clairegreen1974 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have the whole top half of my back covered at present, Its a tiger on one shoulderblade, panther on the other, crawling up rocks, with grass, sky, rocks, and water so far... there is a red demon mask in the middle that covers an old one that a previous tattoo artist positioned wrong, I also have 3 tigers heads at the base of my spine with some tribal work.

I plan to have the design extended to the middle-bottom part of my back with 2 dragons, flames and such, diving into water to represent my 2 boys when i can afford it - Im also looking to have some 1950's pin up style tattoo's on my upper arms (not any lower so i can cover them for work)

Love my ink i do!
  • Written0318
    Options
    I have 12 total - my goal is 25, but we'll see might exceed that...

1) My mother nickname - original (but is covered with) - 2) black heart with a budding rose growing out of it...

3) tulip - memorial for my grandmother

4) Noon - an ex-girlfriend, teenage rebellion

5) 2 (foreground) hearts with hubby and I's names - with a lock and key intertwined ribbon

6) My first son's name

7) "Diva" - self-acceptance

8) my nickname in Old English

9) Zodiac Symbol

10) Rose with black tribal background

11) Dripping Strawberry

12) Best Friend tatt - stupidest idea EVER!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    See my profile pic for my leg piece :)

I also have a black and grey piece on my back: a celtic triquetra surrounded by roses, vines etc.

I hope to have more eventually, but there's no rush.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    You all have great tattoos! I've chickened out of getting the tattoo I have planned sooooo many times. Maybe one day I'll get it! :laugh:
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    <
    this one.
    a big nautical star inside a black star outline on my right lower back, & a sparrow with 7 stars on my foot =)
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have 7 total.

1) Above my hart is a heart/lock and my husband has a key that matches
    2) On my left arm I have a angel baby girl sleeping on a moon with 8 stars- a memorial tattoo for our baby girl
    3) On my right I have a 3 roses, one for my grandpa, sister, and grandmother who have all passed
    4) Also on my right arm is a dark fairy, this one dosent really have any meaning I just thought the roses were to plain and this tied into that.
    5) I have a sugar a sugar skull with a cute pink bow on my back and it is also for my daughter, it represents beauty in death.
    6) I have a sparrow on top of my left foot (no meaning just like to wear flip flops all the time so I wanted it to be pretty)
    7) I have 3 hearts on my wedding finger, representing my husband my angel baby and I.

I know I will be getting one on my right foot soon and who know after that..
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    No tattoos as yet, am thinking about it for my 50th birthday.
    May seem like a dumb question but how bad does it hurt?

Also, for the love of everything artistic please, please, please, check any foreign words before having any tattoo done, a guy thought he was getting something very deep and meaningful from a design he bought online....showed it to a Japanese person (after having it done) who translated it for him ... it says "fish and chips" :laugh:
  • Fitzpoppa
    Options
    i currently have 7. one on each upper arm. one on each calf for my kids, one on each ankle and a large skull on the center of my back which I'm hoping to get finished which will take up my entire back to include my shoulders.
  • Fitzpoppa
    Options

Also, for the love of everything artistic please, please, please, check any foreign words before having any tattoo done, a guy thought he was getting something very deep and meaningful from a design he bought online....showed it to a Japanese person (after having it done) who translated it for him ... it says "fish and chips" :laugh:

The pain varys, the back i can assure you hurts like hell.
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options

Too funny!

I have two, one on my upper back below my neck, it's hard to explain but basically a bit art nouveau inspired with a ladys face on one side and her hair circling around my children's names. And yes, the artist was great, but when he showed me the sketch, he left a letter out of one of the names. Luckily i'm a tech writer, so i demand proofing!!

I also have flowers up my right calf and down across my ankle and foot in front of my toes it says "nothing is worth more than this day". It's a Goethe quote to remind me not to get all worried about the future (cause i do that).

I have another planned for labor day weekend!

Regarding the pain level, i really think it varies. My good girlfriend has a tattoo in the same location as i do and felt it didn't hurt at all. I felt it hurt.

The one on my upper back, over my spine it didn't hurt at all to me, just felt like a vibration, then on the sides, it really hurt. It took about 2 and a half hours, and i would say that the last 30 minutes or so is where the pain gets intense because they are coloring in and going over already done areas....

The one across my foot, absolute worst pain ugh. Calf, painful but bearable (like the back for me)..

They say that fatty areas are less painful, thus far, i find it kinda true, but overall i think it hurts a good bit to get any detailed piece of work done. However, i'm a pain wimp, seriously, and obviously it hasn't bothered me enough to keep me from going back. It's kind of an olympiad and when they finish, it's done, the worst pain i ever had after was just like a little sunburn, so.....

I say go for it <wink>
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options

Out of all of mine, the only one that hurt was the one on top of my foot. I read and slept through the others. Everyone is different though.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Hi, i have a Dragon on my upper right arm to protect me from the ex wife

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Ive had 3 from febuary - july this year! WARNING: highly addictive! Once youve had your first you will want another and another and another!!..

Ive got 3 stars with few swirls on my right wrist, hot pink butterfly at the top of my back, and my recent one i had 6 weeks ago is a little pattern on my hand :)

To be completley honest with you all, im 19 years old, ive got a MASSIVE fear of needles! I used to faint in high school when it was injection time! But tattoos actually arnt that bad! Its just more of a stingy kinda feel rather than getting stabbed by a needle! :L lol!

I dont like odd numbers (fussy i know!) soo im currently designing my 4th which is going to be on my foot :D