Tattoos, anyone?

Options

Replies

• smallerthighs
    Options
    I want one....as soon as I get up the nerve...and have someone to hold my hand while I get it.......I'm gonna get one!!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I want one....as soon as I get up the nerve...and have someone to hold my hand while I get it.......I'm gonna get one!!

Haha, they really don't hurt that badly! If anything it's a sharp little sting, and then after a couple of minutes it kind of numbs out...the only real pain I had was getting the one on the side of my neck, part of it was on my skull...talk about pain! lol
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I have one finished one and one in progress. I have a dragon on my right calf as a symbol of protection, and the one that's in progress is on my left shoulderblade and it's going to be a male angel. I have two more planned as of yet. I want to get a white tiger in the same style on my other calf, and I'm going to get a male devil on my other shoulderblade :)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    I have a tribal butterfly. . It is between my shoulder blades. . there is a pic of it in my profile. . not the greatest one. .. but it signifies rebirth. . . or new life. . as I am in Christ. . .
  • paulahhhh
    paulahhhh Posts: 283
    Options
    This is my one & only... for now..
    Located on my left arm.
    Meaning: Zodiac sign w/ tribal flare.

Zodiac.jpg
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    2 half sleeves(upper), half back(lower), both wrists(inner), both shoulders(back), back of neck, ankle. Hmmm, did I forget anything?

Getting my knuckles done on my 60th birthday. (HARM NONE)

I'm sure there'll be lots more ink between then and now.

My plan is to be mostly covered by the time I croak. :wink:
  • bbuckeye2724
    Options
    I have one a "Tree of Life" with 4 small butterflies in the colors of my kids birthstones. It is the only one so far and I have had it for about 5 months. It is on my upper back between my shoulder blades. Love it and I can see how they can be addicting.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Little black cat sleeping on my left ankle.
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    This week I will be getting "To thine own self be true" from Hamlet on one foot and on my other foot will be a Zia.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to add photos to this site, but mine is a pink heart on the back of my right shoulder...it's drawn sort of like a curvy ribbon, and has 2 little pink stars around it, as well.

I can't wait until my next one...a yin yang design on my foot. :happy: I want a lot of them, actually, but the yin yang will be next.
  • MB4ever
    MB4ever Posts: 18
    Options
    I have a few....

I have a rose and butterfly in my left ankle (my very first one).
    I have a Dove with a banner in it's mouth saying "Freebird" for my grandfather who passed away.
    I have an angel on my lower back prayer and keeping watch over me.
    I have witzy the duck by suzy zoo on the front of my left ankle to remind me to stay lighthearted when times are tough.
    I have a tribal tiger on my left shoulder blade, my Chinese zodiac.
    A tribal son on the back of my neck.
    A sleeve on my left arm of a dragon with my husbands name, a phoenix w/ my daughter's name, a winged lion w/ my son's name.
    On the right side of my chest I have a rainbow Pegasus with purple flowers for the good in me.
    On the left side of my chest I have a dark Pegasus w/ a skull and roses for the bad in me.
  • sej1990
    sej1990 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have 5, my first one was the day i turned 18 i got a yellow bleeding rose on my hip, the blood signifies the pain i went through in life but made it through, 2nd one i got two weeks later is a specially made treble clef on my left shoulder i have been in choir for almost 7 years and music is my passion, 3rd is a praying skeleton on the side of my right calf it has a bed of yellow roses to make it a lil more feminine it is dedicated to my ggma she use to pray all the time and the skeleton signifies her death she died almost 6 years ago, 4th on is on the back of my neck its the eye of ra and it helps remind me that i do have some power and strength in me, last but now least is an egyptian cat on my lower back on the right me and my good friend has the same one it shows are passion for beauty, cats and egypt. most of my tats mean something but the next one i am going to get isnt i am gonna get a dragon wrapped around a palm tree :^)
  • sej1990
    sej1990 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering how many of you guys have tattoos. They're certainly not an uncommon thing; I have two, myself. I've always been a believer, however, that something so permanent should be meaningful to the individual. As I said, I have two, both of which hold meaning. This is my most recent, it's on my neck (sorry it's blurry):

tat.jpg

Basically it's a sibling tattoo that I got with my brother and sister. Mine is the roman numeral 2 surrounded with decorations, my older sister got a 1, and my little brother got a 3. :) Simple, but I like it. The first one I got is on my wrist:

tat2.jpg

For those that don't read French, it translates to "Love Suffices." It's basically my own way of reminding myself that no matter what you have going on in your life, no matter how hard things get, as long as you have someone that loves you, whether it's your mother or your significant other, everything will work out fine. I got it on my wrist so that when I'm feeling down or depressed I can look at it easily and remind myself how lucky I am to be surrounded by people who love me.

For my last one I'm thinking about getting a Robert Frost quote across the top of my back or on my collar bone. I won't get it until I reach my goal weight, it will be my own way of reminding myself how far I've come and how I've "blossomed" into a healthier me. It's from the poem "The Rose Family" and it will say, "The rose is a rose, and was always a rose." It's sort of like saying that I've become a rose, and though I always have been, it's been kind of hidden away.

Anyone else want to share pics and/or meaning behind their tattoos? :) I'd love to hear some stories!

btw i was wondering how u can put pics in with your post?
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    I have the circle of life on my lower back. On my right inner ankle, a crescent moon and star.. I'm ready for another one soon !
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Three, all within the last 10 months.

First was a spur of the moment memorial tattoo of my cat Fergus on my belly the day he died (Halloween), then a Maneki Neko (lucky cat) on my ankle that was going to be my first one a few weeks later, and a pair of Scottish thistles with a Celtic knot between my shoulder blades for my birthday this year.
  • jonbobfrog
    jonbobfrog Posts: 294
    Options
    I have 6 . . . there are pictures in my profile.

My first one was a crab on my left foot -- it symbolizes me growing up in MD and spending all my summers at the beach. It's still my favorite place to be!

My second one was a heart with paw prints walking through it on the right side of my chest -- it symbolizes my love for dogs.

My third was a red-eyed tree frog on the outer side of my right leg -- you guessed it, I love frogs!

My fourth was a "swarm" of butterflies wrapping around my right ankle -- more animals! :o)

My fifth was a dinosaur that says "Rawr" . . . I saw it on http://ugliesttattoos.failblog.org/ and thought it was absolutely adorable. It's on my right thigh. My ex boyfriend and I re-designed it together and we both have one. (No, I don't regret it, even though we broke up.)

My sixth was an ambigram of my name on my left wrist. I got it because it's my name and you can read it both upside down and right side up . . . and that's awesome!!

My seventh will be a dandelion with its poof floating across my shoulder, turning into birds. (I get to get this one very soon, it's my 25 pound reward!)

My eighth will be a jungle scene leg piece on my left calf. (I have to lose 55 pounds to get that one.)

And the ninth will be an ocean scene on my back. (I have to lose 90 pounds for that one!)

As you can see, I loooooooove tattoos! Piercings too . . . I have 10 of those!
  • RokMomma79
    RokMomma79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have either 10 or 40 depending on how you look at it - I got 30 stars a few years back for my 30th Bday and have a bunch of other pieces.

All my photos are here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4240502171.1433.508742171&l=022836009e&type=1
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I have one. A rune stone on the front of my left shoulder. Though there are many definitions of the things out there, this one, to me, stands for the spiritual warrior. The battle within. It was first to mark my continued struggle with mental illness, and now it can also mark my weightloss journey.

I'm considering elaboration of it for my 50th birthday, but I'm not yet settled on what I'll have done.
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    I don't count anymore, but over 56 hours worth....maybe more.
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have either 10 or 40 depending on how you look at it - I got 30 stars a few years back for my 30th Bday and have a bunch of other pieces.

All my photos are here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4240502171.1433.508742171&l=022836009e&type=1

thats cool that u had the traditional tat work done in thailand..