CHALLENGE OF THE LIVING DEAD - PART 2 [CLOSED GROUP]

Options
:explode: CHALLENGE OF THE LIVING DEAD - PART 2

We Are Off & Running!

We have a total of 45 survivors playing along! As you know…this challenge has been running for six weeks so far. As we enter Week 7 (with a change in Leadership and some additional recruits) we wanted to get you all the Ground Rules. So this is how it all started….

I. INTRODUCTION

"...you are not alone... zzztt-safety is near. Please reach us... safety... food, protection... zzzt... last chance... evacuation.... zzzzzzttttz... shhhhhhhhhhhhhh... only fifteen individuals... shhhhzt... shhhhhh zzzzzt ... Repeat! Last ch -shhh... final evacuation is -sszzzt- October 23rd... shhhhhhhhzt...shhhhh... decontamination will leave no survi-shhhhh ztshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhzt."

It started small. You read in the news about riots braking out in small towns and villages. Easily it was dismissed by the hustle and bustle of your daily life. Even the most prepared individuals found limited coverage of the pandemic sweeping the planet due to hushed media coverage. But one day it wasn't in the news anymore, it was out on your street breaking in your front door. The infection spread quickly and ravaged towns, cities and countries.

YOU have survived the initial chaos of the outbreak bunkered down with about 20 other individuals-these are your team mates. Your team must reach safety at a military camp which broadcasted a broken signal over a small radio found within your team's hide. The message claims to offer safety, food, and protection not only from the horde but also from decontamination but only offers enough space for one team. You must beat out the other team to survive.

For Six Weeks, Three Teams Of Survivors Have Been Battling The Living Dead. We have climbed thousands of stairs to get out of the buildings we were trapped in...We've had to walk miles to get out of the city...we have had to swim and bike and hike...and we have now had our first big fight with the undead! During the fight, it seems as though the zombies got some of our captains and several of our teammates...

:explode: TEAMS

TEAM RANGED
CAPTAIN: MAKINMOVES

SBROWN6
MMIIAA
LADYTEP
MRTENTACLENUN
TAMEKO2
JENFUNFUR
BUBBLESBURST80
MICHZ
MENTALBEAT
ABBY459
GLITTERMOUSE
KIMBERLYDENICE
CANDACENS
LOVEME445
DTOUGH
LANTERN823
CATEYES0831
MELISSARAETERRY
SWEETPEAGRL
TIFFYCOOPER
JLS1661
CHRISSCHRISS

- - -

TEAM EXPLOSIVES
CAPTAIN: ATHENAWHO

AGREENMESS
SINEADGROWDEN
SCANTRLL
BABYBLUZ33
ANNACATALDO
JENNYISBUSY
DMNOSU17
CDOMOE
BRENTGETSFIT
CHRISTIE177
CIRRUSMOTH
PUNK_MAMA
QUARBOPLE
OKIEWORKOUT
EBELLISS
BABYDULL
SLEEPYDAISY7
HTHFAMILY
CFINE66
XCOUNTRYGUY
JWATERS1006

:explode: GROUND RULES

1. NO CHEATING. Seriously people, its not like we're going to hunt you down to find out if your fibbing but if we find out you will be booted from the team. Its pretty lame if you're lying on a little online competition that is aimed to help you. Not to mention you'd only be hurting yourself.

2. WEEKLY UPDATES/WEIGH-INS/CHECK-INS. Weekly challenges will be posted on Sundays by Midnight EST. You will need to report your weekly numbers to your Captain on Sundays by 9pm EST. (NO MORE SPREADSHEETS FOR THOSE PREVIOUSLY INVOLVED). Weekly challenge results will be posted by midnight on Mondays.

3. SCORING. The challenges will be based primarily on percentage (to make it fair for all, even if the teams become uneven). There will also be Bonus Points each week. These add significantly to your totals.

4. TEAM THREADS/MAIN THREADS. We will have this as our MAIN CHALLENGE thread. This is where you will see communication for both teams. Each team will also have their own thread. This will help build the support your looking for, encourage each other, and your captains will be able to get your numbers here as well. Make friends. Build a support system. Besides chopping/shooting off imaginary zombie heads that's the fun of this thing. This is not some roleplaying game but this isn't intended to only be something where you talk about zombies either (although always welcome!).

5. CHALLENGES. The challenges will mainly be physical, with some bonus point challenges that may not be. Since the physical portion will be based on percentage…you have a great opportunity to challenge yourself. If you find that the weekly challenge is easier for you…by all means…DO MORE….this will only add to your weekly percentage and boost your teams rankings up.

6. WANNA MAKE THIS BETTER? As you know, we are in transition. Please, if you guys have any ideas how to make this even better let us know. We’d be happy to try and incorporate suggestions. We want this to be awesome for you guys and we are both brand new to this….so any ideas/tips/etc are more than welcome and encouraged!

:explode: PLEASE FRIEND THE CAPTAINS OF THIS CHALLENGE: ATHENAWHO AND MAKINMOVES

Team Explosives Thread
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/323448-team-explosives-challenge-of-the-living-dead-part-2-clo

Team Ranged Thread
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/323450-team-ranged-challenge-of-the-living-dead-part-2-closed

:explode: YOUR WEEKLY CHALLENGE IS POSTED BELOW!

Replies

• Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options
    I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!
  • MakinMoves
    MakinMoves Posts: 364
    Options
    :explode: STORYLINE

Dawn is just starting to break. Your eyes flutter open. You realize that you and your teammates are laid out all over the place. As you begin to clear your head and get your bearings, you start calling out to your teammates in hopes that there are other surviviors of The First Big Fight.

It’s all coming back to you now. You remember being cornered. You remember your Captain taking the lead and using her machete to ward off the zombies in front of you. But they weren't just in front of you…you were surrounded! The undead were circling in on you. Survival seemed hopeless! When the zombies moved in for the kill, the chaos ensued. Everyone was doing their best to put up a fight…you were kicking and punching and fighting for your life! This was NOT how it was going to end. You came too far over the past six weeks and refused to let it end like this.

As you continue to look for signs of life on your team, you finally see ACOWBOYKID, the captain for Team Melee. She has but a few breaths left in her…you step closer. She refuses any help you offer as she doesn’t want you to become infected. She whispers to you: “"GRAB THE REMAINING SURVIVORS * grunt * AND HEAD 25 MILES NORTH * gasp * . THERE’S A * grunt * HIDDEN BUNKER THERE. * gasp * "”.

Sadly, with that last breath, she was dead. Now there were only 2 remaining survivors from Team Melee. Knowing they couldn’t make it on their own., they split up. BUBBLESBURST80 joined Team Ranged & DMNOSU17 joined Team Explosives. The captain for Team Ranged, MRTENTACLEMAN, was still alive but she was too ravished to continue as captain. She asked MAKINMOVES to step up and lead the team. Although hesitant, MAKINMOVES accepted the request of her fearless leader. ATHENAWHO, the captain for Team Explosives fought hard and only had surface wounds. The survivors that didn’t belong to a team joined up…knowing there was safety in numbers.

Everyone knew what they had to do next. We had to get to that bunker!

***********************************************************************************************
    :explode: WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Make Your Way To The Bunker & Be Sure To Look Over The Cliffs!
    ***********************************************************************************************
    This week is about distance…you can bike, run, or walk. You’ll need to do a Cardio Push for at least 2 minutes each day you work out. (Cardio push = if you normally walk…jog. If you normally jog…sprint. If you are biking, speed it up). Just give yourself an extra boost for a bit!

In addition, along the way to the bunker, there are several cliffs. You need to lean over the cliffs to be sure there are no zombies lurking along your path. You’ll do this in the form of an exercise called Airplane Pose (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=118).

Remember, this part of the challenge is based on percentage...so do as much as you can (to your level). Every little bit (or overage) counts!

:explode: BONUS POINTS CHALLENGE: Meet Your Teammates!
    With all the changes and flesh meat (err..fresh meat) in the challenge, we want you to meet and greet each other. You will gain 1 bonus point for your team for EVERY person you reach out individually (and friending them with a message counts!)

GO TO IT!
    Have A Great Week:heart:
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Exciting! Just finished watching 28 weeks later too despite it being uber-late here!
  • sleepydaisy7
    Options
    I can't wait! I think I need to rewatch Shawn of the Dead tonight.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    These zombies won't know what hit 'em!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    sooo excited.....do we send our weekly stats to you directly or post them in the thread???
  • MakinMoves
    Options
    sooo excited.....do we send our weekly stats to you directly or post them in the thread???

I'll be posting on the Team Ranged Thread in a moment...For our team...I prefer to have active threads...so I'd like to see updates there...but Athenawho will let Team Explosives know her prefered method!
  • dmnosu17
    dmnosu17 Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm super excited for part 2 Thank you so much for taking it over!
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    woohoo so excited! 5 miles down!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am liking what I see happening on here :) Now lets get moving!
  • MakinMoves
    Options
    :explode: STORYLINE

Dawn is just starting to break. Your eyes flutter open. You realize that you and your teammates are laid out all over the place. As you begin to clear your head and get your bearings, you start calling out to your teammates in hopes that there are other surviviors of The First Big Fight.

It’s all coming back to you now. You remember being cornered. You remember your Captain taking the lead and using her machete to ward off the zombies in front of you. But they weren't just in front of you…you were surrounded! The undead were circling in on you. Survival seemed hopeless! When the zombies moved in for the kill, the chaos ensued. Everyone was doing their best to put up a fight…you were kicking and punching and fighting for your life! This was NOT how it was going to end. You came too far over the past six weeks and refused to let it end like this.

As you continue to look for signs of life on your team, you finally see ACOWBOYKID, the captain for Team Melee. She has but a few breaths left in her…you step closer. She refuses any help you offer as she doesn’t want you to become infected. She whispers to you: “"GRAB THE REMAINING SURVIVORS * grunt * AND HEAD 25 MILES NORTH * gasp * . THERE’S A * grunt * HIDDEN BUNKER THERE. * gasp * "”.

Sadly, with that last breath, she was dead. Now there were only 2 remaining survivors from Team Melee. Knowing they couldn’t make it on their own., they split up. BUBBLESBURST80 joined Team Ranged & DMNOSU17 joined Team Explosives. The captain for Team Ranged, MRTENTACLEMAN, was still alive but she was too ravished to continue as captain. She asked MAKINMOVES to step up and lead the team. Although hesitant, MAKINMOVES accepted the request of her fearless leader. ATHENAWHO, the captain for Team Explosives fought hard and only had surface wounds. The survivors that didn’t belong to a team joined up…knowing there was safety in numbers.

Everyone knew what they had to do next. We had to get to that bunker!

:explode: WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Make Your Way To The Bunker & Be Sure To Look Over The Cliffs!
    This week is about distance…you can bike, run, or walk. You’ll need to do a Cardio Push for at least 2 minutes each day you work out. (Cardio push = if you normally walk…jog. If you normally jog…sprint. If you are biking, speed it up). Just give yourself an extra boost for a bit!

In addition, along the way to the bunker, there are several cliffs. You need to lean over the cliffs to be sure there are no zombies lurking along your path. You’ll do this in the form of an exercise called Airplane Pose (http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=118).

Remember, this part of the challenge is based on percentage...so do as much as you can (to your level). Every little bit (or overage) counts!

:explode: BONUS POINTS CHALLENGE: Meet Your Teammates!
    With all the changes and flesh meat (err..fresh meat) in the challenge, we want you to meet and greet each other. You will gain 1 bonus point for your team for EVERY person you reach out individually (and friending them with a message counts!)

GO TO IT!
    Have A Great Week:heart:

Sorry Missed This Somehow: THE BASELINE FOR PERCENTAGES WILL BE 25 MILES & 40 AIRPLANE POSES.

If you complete 20 Miles...you get 80%....25 Miles...you get 100%....If you complete 50 Miles...you get 200%...(so every little bit counts and the potential is endless). Same thing with the poses...
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    MelissaRaeTerry I don't know how to tell you this, but it looks like you have a little something on your face :)
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    I assume we do 40 Airplane Poses per side?
  • MakinMoves
    Options
    I assume we do 40 Airplane Poses per side?

Just getting to know where everyone is at...we'll say its 20 on each side...total of 40. But PLEASE go above that if you can...after all this is a CHALLENGE...

Once we get a feel for how everyone is doing we'll increase the intensity if needed!

Thanks for being so proactive!!!
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification, I'm a detail freak, what can I say? lol :)
  • athenawho
    athenawho Posts: 253
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply, its been a stressful day but I just wanted to take some time to welcome all the new Survivors to the Challenge, we are so happy to have you.

Team Explosives, if you have any questions feel free to message me or ask your team mates in our forum. We're in this together now, so lets make this as fun and productive as possible.

:explode:
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I have to say that this is the most CREATIVE challenge that I've been in. Thanks so much for setting this up! Now, I'm off to make new friends and meet my team - - Team Explosives!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I love this weeks challenge! I am totally on it!
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Yay, I'm so glad we're back on track AND we found more survivors!!!! Thanks you two!!!!!!!
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    25 miles/ 40 airplane.....I'm on it!:wink: