MFP Bullying and Negativity needs to stop!

Options

Replies

• traceysturn
    Options
    Its unfortunate but this site has changed ALOT over the past year or so. Its a real shame!!!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

Not everyone on the site will have the same goals - most people join the site to loose weight but some people are here to track what they eat in order to stay healthy - I'm talking about maintainers, people who are training and want to hit specific macro 's (protein, carbs etc) and people who are trying to gain weight normally following physical or mental illness. Some people just want to loose (or gain) weight - others want to become super fit athletes or body builders. Some want to have the worlds healthiest diet - others want to simply reduce their calorie intake. Every single one of these objectives is legitimate and I don't believe any of us have a right to judge one objective to be better than another.

Thank you! I am a maintainer and someone just posted something earlier today about how they were offended that "great looking" people were on here.... I'm sorry, but that offended me. I am working toward a goal all my own, and do not need to feel put down for trying to better myself. Not to mention, my eating and exercise habits have drastically changed since I joined - for the better.
  • MissMegan3119
    Options
    So very true! I am fully willing to listen to opinions, but don't berate someone because of their motives or actions. If you don't like it, just ignore it, or express your concerns kindly.
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    *LIKE*
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    Thank you. I think a few more sticky posts with really descriptive titles would help in each section. "Should I eat my exercise calories?" "How do I adjust my protein/carb ratio?" "Plateaus and possible solutions" There are a lot of, as you say, naive posts on these kinds of subjects.
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Well said! :flowerforyou:
  • sweetness48
    Options
    AMEN brother!
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Agree and cosign 100%!

There will always be 'trolls' on a message board. Can we request an IGNORE button?
  • gary8964
    gary8964 Posts: 69
    Options
    WELL SAID! BRAVO!!!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Whatever. Don't make me take your lunch money ;)

I kid. Very true, many times people attack others without cause.

At the same point, some of us get frustrated when people "ask for advice" when what they really want is someone to tell them the unhealthy things they are doing are ok....

Just saying.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Like!
  • BProudOfU
    BProudOfU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great post. I agree totally!! Like, like, like...etc.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Well said!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Agreed...it's always good vs evil. "Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one." LOL:laugh:
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I agree!!! everyone has a different goal & journey to go through. STAY POSITIVE &ENCOURAGING is what you should get from here. I don't keep negative friends...PERIOD!
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with you. Thanks for saying something!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Agreed.

Remember.. we were ALL new on this site at one point. Be nice to each other.
  • zoeysmom01
    zoeysmom01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good Post!!! LIKE, LIKE, LIKE - well you get the point.
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Double LIKE!!!
  • Kim_al72
    Kim_al72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well said!