I refuse to starve myself!!

13»

Replies

• MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    You can cut off your arm, and probably drop 15 pounds right there.

That doesn't mean it'd be a good idea.

LOL! Never thought of that one!
  • emma1488
    emma1488 Posts: 175
    What a waste of food!
  • To OSimply... Absolutely yes, I have heard of the chew & spit method - of dieting!!!
    - I did it for awhile, with ice cream and cake, and though I did not lose any weight, I did not gain it either. I payed attention to how my body, esp. my tummy, was feeling, and it seemed to be ok. I ended up stopping, after awhile, because I got involved with other things. BUT it was WONDERFUL to know I could have anything I wanted - because I knew I could chew and spit it.
    - At first I went nuts and ate all my favorites in one afternoon - and then I just leveled out naturally.
    - Don't get me wrong, I do have an eating disorder - just not in that form. I haven't done it in over two years, just forgot about it. If it does not become an addiction, it is a great method for the short run, it is a life saver. In fact, I will probably do it again in the next few weeks, or so, but it will probably just fade away - as it did last time.

One thing I have trouble with is the name "eating disorder" - I don't believe that just because most people don't do it, it is a "disorder" - I think it is very judgemental and narrow minded to say that it is.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    kateflorio wrote: »
    To OSimply... Absolutely yes, I have heard of the chew & spit method - of dieting!!!
    - I did it for awhile, with ice cream and cake, and though I did not lose any weight, I did not gain it either. I payed attention to how my body, esp. my tummy, was feeling, and it seemed to be ok. I ended up stopping, after awhile, because I got involved with other things. BUT it was WONDERFUL to know I could have anything I wanted - because I knew I could chew and spit it.
    - At first I went nuts and ate all my favorites in one afternoon - and then I just leveled out naturally.
    - Don't get me wrong, I do have an eating disorder - just not in that form. I haven't done it in over two years, just forgot about it. If it does not become an addiction, it is a great method for the short run, it is a life saver. In fact, I will probably do it again in the next few weeks, or so, but it will probably just fade away - as it did last time.

One thing I have trouble with is the name "eating disorder" - I don't believe that just because most people don't do it, it is a "disorder" - I think it is very judgemental and narrow minded to say that it is.

O_o huh? Just because it didn't develop into a full blown eating disorder for you doesn't mean it wouldn't for someone else. It's disordered eating. You're taking food and stuffing it in your mouth and then spitting it out. That's disordered eating with the potential to turn into an eating disorder. I've spent most of my life struggling with eating disorders and I know what it's like to chew and spit. It's *kitten* and no one should be encouraged to start.

OP- you're doing fine. Don't let anyone make you think that what you're doing isn't right. :)