College Football Fans <---in here

Options
124»

Replies

• danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    things aren't looking good for the players at miami, what was it 12 players are ineligible.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    things aren't looking good for the players at miami, what was it 12 players are ineligible.

The last I heard it was 8 players, started at 15 then 12 now 8

But yeah Miami is in some serious trouble
  • danizaga
    Options

The last I heard it was 8 players, started at 15 then 12 now 8

But yeah Miami is in some serious trouble

seems like it's changing hour by hour but miami can't risk playing with ineligible players.

i'm so looking forward to this season but i don't know about you all but i go to a couple of games a season and i find it so hard to limit myself at tailgates. there is so much good food and alcohol...oh liquid calories most delicious. I think also that anytime I can get stuff for free i.e. food and alcohol I overindulge.
  • jlzrdking
    Options
    I don't get to go to many games, I took my dad to see Bama and Miss St. last year and we sat in the nose bleed section.

If I was tailgating at a game and there was a lot of food and beer around then I would write the day off and just eat what I wanted.

It's almost impossible to get tickets to Bama games unless you are alumni or a member of Tide Pride or you buy them from scalpers at several hundred or sometimes thousands of dollars over face value.

Now that i've said that, if there are any Bama fans lurking and you have tickets you need to get rid of please contact me.
  • danizaga
    Options
    Tide Pride too catchy sounds like a commerical for detergent. You can't even get tickets to games with the cupcakes?
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    It's the same way with the Red River Shoot game with Texas and Oklahoma. There is something like a 25 year waiting list, and you have the option to will the tickets out in case you die before then. We have tried to make a trip to texas for the last 10 years for a football game, and every dang game is sold out....you basically have to be a member of the Texas Exes to get tickets.
  • jlzrdking
    Options
    Tide Pride too catchy sounds like a commerical for detergent. You can't even get tickets to games with the cupcakes?

Yeah I can get some tickets to the smaller games but those games usually aren't that exciting. Worse thing is when you get tickets to a cupcake game and you get there and they get beat. I sat in the pouring rain one year and watched Louisiana Monroe beat Bama :sad:

It's just gets to me having to pay a scalper at least twice the face value to see a bigger opponent and I won't do it but if someone offered me tickets to the Bama vs. Tenn game, Arkansas or LSwho I would be really tempted to pay the marked up price. But so far that has never happened. You can make the drive down to Tuscaloosa and take your chances outside the stadium and I've done that once before but I don't like doing that.

Tide Pride does sound like a detergent.

Also I could get tickets to the Kent St. game that is one week from Saturday but I'd rather wait and take my chances on an SEC opponent.

I'm always looking for tickets
  • jlzrdking
    Options
    It's the same way with the Red River Shoot game with Texas and Oklahoma. There is something like a 25 year waiting list, and you have the option to will the tickets out in case you die before then. We have tried to make a trip to texas for the last 10 years for a football game, and every dang game is sold out....you basically have to be a member of the Texas Exes to get tickets.

I'm actually on the Tide Pride waiting list but if I ever get the OK the first thing they will want is a big donation $$$$$
  • FASTBALL1539
    Options
    Just got one thing to say WOOOOOOOOOO PIG SUIE!!!!!!!!
  • danizaga
    Options
    I got tickets to the USC v Texas Rose Bowl
    my price for tickets $145 each (i did have a student pass that year but tickets to bowl games are always lottery)
    price i could have gotten if i sold them $3,000 to $5,000
    i still went & i cried
  • jlzrdking
    Options
    I can't imagine actually getting to go to a NC game, it's really got to hurt to go to a big game like that and lose.

I have to confess at this point I was rooting for Texas in that game
  • danizaga
    Options
    I can't imagine actually getting to go to a NC game, it's really got to hurt to go to a big game like that and lose.

I have to confess at this point I was rooting for Texas in that game

it's okay, vince young is a bust i feel justified. let's see if matt leinart can turn it around with the texans.
  • jlzrdking
    Options
    I have to bump this to the top:

4days 2hours 59mins and counting till kickoff this weekend :smile:
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    GAME DAY!!!