Team Derby Life Week 0 (derbyskaters/referees only)

Options
124»

Replies

• madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well Helloooooooooooooo girls.. I'm Beaux Toxx - a ref from Charm City Roller Girls, here in charming baltimore, md. I haven't had time to read all this board- but wanted to come say HAY!
  • KimberLethal
    Options
    Hi all! My name is KimberLethal and I skate for the Diamond State Roller Girls in Newark, DE. I passed my wftd skills test in June and have improved my 25 in 5 from 4:59 to 4:35. I have been in 4 bouts. We use 4 man walls a lot. But a 4 man wall is only as good as it's weakest link. I do not want to be that weak link. I also want to get better with my footwork. I need to lose about 30-40 lbs and improve my core strength. It is after all your core and legs that should be doing all the work. I have a daughter who will be turning 2 on the 23rd of this month and I am looking for support in weight loss. I seem to be at a stand still. I LOVE to snack. :tongue:
  • KimberLethal
    Options
    I love my rollo's they are like car tires! LOL But they are super grippy. If you want a little less go for poisons! I like my poisons to use on polished concrete as pushers, 2 and 2.

http://www.myrollerskateworld.com/atom-poison-wheels.html

http://www.myrollerskateworld.com/rollo.html
  • KimberLethal
    Options
    I love my rollo's they are like car tires! LOL But they are super grippy. If you want a little less go for poisons! I like my poisons to use on polished concrete as pushers, 2 and 2.

http://www.myrollerskateworld.com/atom-poison-wheels.html

http://www.myrollerskateworld.com/rollo.html
    any of you lovely ladies skate outdoors and have a preferance on a wheel? i'm lost in a sea of wheels, i have omegas for my indoor wheels and absolutely <3 them!

I seriously just bought those cheapy Sure Grip Aerobics through Sin City. I LOVE them. Skated 18 miles in them one day on a nice paved trail (as a part of my own challenge to skate 100 miles on my month off from derby).

That's my 2 cents. :]
  • KimberLethal
    Options
    As a team we warm up for approximately 30 minutes before a bout. We do drills and pack work. Before a bout I take a 2-3 hour nap, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate, eat a lot of good protein for breakfast and I tend to carbo load on good carbs for lunch and have a very light dinner. I also take 2 B12 chewables about an hour before the bout; this keeps up my stamina. I too struggle with the after party fun. So I only have 1 or 2 drinks and switch to water. I try and get something like vodka and club soda. After all I earned them while skating.
    If you are prone being the queen of after parties please remember that if you are trying to lose weight every calorie in those delish drinks counts... and also you have to double up on water. I love after parties but I have found them toxic to my weight loss goals. I just drink water and I still have a great time. Plus there are websites that list the better drinks calorie-wise.

this is just a friendly reminder... LOL mostly to myself as I have a bout tomorrow and our after parties are always hyped up! Also before bouting don’t forget to hydrate and to eat appropriately because good fuel is important this is before and after the bout!
    I am always torn about how much to warm up before my bout, I want to make sure I am good and ready, but at the same time I am afraid of tiring myself out too early... Anyone else have this dilemma?
  • jensensi
    Options
    Hey guys is this still happening? I'm Finn Furious from the Hellfire Harlots of Nottingham UK. Been skating for just under 2 years, been in 4 bouts - but only mixed teams. Was rostered to play in our first home team debut bout but broke my ankle 2 weeks before :-( ! 5 months later I'm back on skates, training 4 times a week again and desperate to not only regain my fitness but trebble it and come back fighting.
  • Davy_RockHit
    Options
    Hey guys is this still happening? I'm Finn Furious from the Hellfire Harlots of Nottingham UK. Been skating for just under 2 years, been in 4 bouts - but only mixed teams. Was rostered to play in our first home team debut bout but broke my ankle 2 weeks before :-( ! 5 months later I'm back on skates, training 4 times a week again and desperate to not only regain my fitness but trebble it and come back fighting.

Hey! Jump in on the fun!! =D We have a blog specifically designed for support/challenges feel free to drop a note or two a day :-)
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join in on this derby fun??

I'm Red Hot Redneck, I'm a referree with the Grand Raggidy Roller Girls, in Grand Rapids MI. We just had our 2nd bout of this season on Saturday and we're gearing up for our next one in November. I really need to work on my endurance for the Nov bout, as we will be short staffed on refs and all will have to skate for both games of our double header. :)
  • Davy_RockHit
    Options
    Hi! We are all here welcome!!! Bellabones and I have been trying to get a weekly challenge going but no one had joined in.. But id libe to try again for Nov!!!!.
  • Madrow
    Madrow Posts: 62
    Options
    :drinker:

I'd love to participate and contribute now that I'm back online!!