Wappo Warriors - SEPT CHALLENGE SERIES (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    OK, well doc said no exercising for at least two weeks. Which sucks because now I need it the most. Thinks I may have a pinched never in my neck. Going for blood work on Friday and have to make a appointment for a nerve test.
    Ouch! That sounds painfull! I hope the doctor can help.
  • starz13
    starz13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Is there anyway to find out what points our team get for each week?

I did my exercises and walk again today my no zumba day woo hoo!

but i was sooooo soooo tired this morning and could not be bothered...hoping i have a bit more energy tomorrow
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else get the feeling that very few of the listed Wappo Warriors are participating in the Sept. challenge???? There are 14 teams and 10 people on each, there should be waaay more posts on this forum : { I'm on team 8, anyone else???? Getting kinda lonely :cry:

I'm on team five and this week was very hectic but I posted often. I have been very sore from this week challenges. I wasn't sure if I could make it today but we'll see. Six days straight including my regular routine is alot for me. I feel like I bit off more than I can chew.
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else trying trying to hit the 100 mile for the month? I am trying it not sure I will hit it! I am definitely hitting my exercises for the day.

Come on WAPPO WARRIORS!!! Let's see some noise!! No matter what team # your on!!! encourage and lets know your working it on this challenge. Were supposed to be going tribal!! Raise your spears and run at the enemy with all you have and lose, lose BIG!!!!
  • Eunified
    Options
    Does anyone else get the feeling that very few of the listed Wappo Warriors are participating in the Sept. challenge???? There are 14 teams and 10 people on each, there should be waaay more posts on this forum : { I'm on team 8, anyone else???? Getting kinda lonely :cry:

I know that I am just barely getting on here to answer questions so I can't get on here everyday to post what I've done or offer words of encouragement/support. With my full time job, single parenting full time, losing weight full time, and starting a part time job, it's all I can do to just get on here for a few minutes at a time each day. So just keep doing what works for you!!! You will do great!!!

: } Suz you are doing great! I think some may have misunderstood my meaning, I did not mean to imply that everyone should post more, I meant that there are not 140 people checking this forum!... Honestly, I don't think most of the people listed for my team have been involved in this challenge in any way. So I am finding it difficult to worry about getting extra points for my team when I am not altogether sure there is a team : ( Sorry I was not more clear in my meaning.

I know what you mean.. I've been checking for any team members on #10 but it looks rough out there! LOL
    Just trying to get through the challenge for myself at this point..:ohwell:
  • sassyshook
    Options

I know that I am just barely getting on here to answer questions so I can't get on here everyday to post what I've done or offer words of encouragement/support. With my full time job, single parenting full time, losing weight full time, and starting a part time job, it's all I can do to just get on here for a few minutes at a time each day. So just keep doing what works for you!!! You will do great!!!

: } Suz you are doing great! I think some may have misunderstood my meaning, I did not mean to imply that everyone should post more, I meant that there are not 140 people checking this forum!... Honestly, I don't think most of the people listed for my team have been involved in this challenge in any way. So I am finding it difficult to worry about getting extra points for my team when I am not altogether sure there is a team : ( Sorry I was not more clear in my meaning.

I know what you mean.. I've been checking for any team members on #10 but it looks rough out there! LOL
    Just trying to get through the challenge for myself at this point..:ohwell:

I agree!! Its pretty quiet out there! :)
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I''m getting very little emails for the challenge. But .....we'll move forward with what we have. Remember in the end its all about us. So let me answer a very important question i keep hearing. I'm sore....what can I do. The very very best thing you can do is drink a protein recovery drink in the first 30 minutes. It's not all hype it really does make a huge and I mean huge difference the next day. On days I do crazy workouts you will notice I drink two of those bad boys. You rarely hear me mention being sore. Reason being is not that I'm immune to muscle soreness but instead the shake I drink....Ahhhh you're thinking here comes the plug for something he's selling....NOPE I don't sell anything. Here's what I use if you wanna try it out. It's all from Walmart and NO they are not my sponsor. LOL

1 scoop Super Whey Fortress Cookies N Creme Protein Shake Mix ($14.97 a container) almost enough for one month
    1/2 cup Oikos Greek Plain NONFAT Yogurt ($4.54)
    2 tbsp Jif Peanut Butter
    1/2 cup of 2% or Silk Almond Milk
    ICE to the brim!

Blend on high for a great Peanut Butter Protein Shake!
    I prefer the Cookies N Creme over any other flavors.

The greek yogurt and peanut butter add a tremendous amount of protein and provides a very filling drink.

I hope this helps with your super sore muscles. Now TRIBE UP AND GET THOSE CHALLENGES DONE!

RAISE YOUR SPEARS!
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Todays workout...

3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses
    3 sets of 21’s
    3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s
    3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers
    3 sets of Triceps Kickbacks
    3 sets of 15 Woodchops
    20 Pushups
    Tabata
    2 sets of 15 swimmer presses
    2 sets of 15 wood chops
    2 sets of 21’s
    2 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    WATP for ABS (5K)
    5 minutes of pushups (no break)
    43 minutes of yoga
    15 minutes of Strength Training with WATP
    30 minutes of Zumba low impact
    Calories are under and water is over
    I am still doing the pygmy and bushmane series :smile:

On another note...I think that everyone is doing AWESOME!!! I am so proud of each and everyone of you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Back from being out of town for the funeral. Will start up the challenge again tomorrow.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I completed the 1000 calorie workout and hurt my quad. I havent been walking correctly all day and the pain is severe. No workout today. We'll see about tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well. The rain has stopped here for a bit but te rivers are cresting at 2am and alot of areas have been evacuated. Welcome to NEPA:)

Be safe!

Kim
  • starz13
    Options
    I'm SORE i'm Tired and i'm grumpy...I will be sooo happy after tomorrow's exercises and i get to rest!!!!!!!!!
  • sassyshook
    Options
    Tonight is going to be hard for me to complete any exercises. I work all day today and won't get off work until midnight tonight. I do this every Friday due to Friday night Football Games. If I can I will try and find a time to do some walking but, I dont know that I will be able to. Saturday will have to be a make up day for me!!

RAISE YOUR SPEARS WARRIORS!!!!! (That way we can look like the SPARTAN people) :)
  • sassyshook
    Options
    I''m getting very little emails for the challenge. But .....we'll move forward with what we have. Remember in the end its all about us. So let me answer a very important question i keep hearing. I'm sore....what can I do. The very very best thing you can do is drink a protein recovery drink in the first 30 minutes. It's not all hype it really does make a huge and I mean huge difference the next day. On days I do crazy workouts you will notice I drink two of those bad boys. You rarely hear me mention being sore. Reason being is not that I'm immune to muscle soreness but instead the shake I drink....Ahhhh you're thinking here comes the plug for something he's selling....NOPE I don't sell anything. Here's what I use if you wanna try it out. It's all from Walmart and NO they are not my sponsor. LOL

1 scoop Super Whey Fortress Cookies N Creme Protein Shake Mix ($14.97 a container) almost enough for one month
    1/2 cup Oikos Greek Plain NONFAT Yogurt ($4.54)
    2 tbsp Jif Peanut Butter
    1/2 cup of 2% or Silk Almond Milk
    ICE to the brim!

Blend on high for a great Peanut Butter Protein Shake!
    I prefer the Cookies N Creme over any other flavors.

The greek yogurt and peanut butter add a tremendous amount of protein and provides a very filling drink.

I hope this helps with your super sore muscles. Now TRIBE UP AND GET THOSE CHALLENGES DONE!

RAISE YOUR SPEARS!

I sent you an email using my crappy cell phone so I hope it went through. It would have been from sassyshook@yahoo.com
    If not I will send again. Thanks!
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Thank you Gary for not keeping the burpees and bearwalk. I found them KILLER. But are you kidding me with 50 windshield wipers. Come on!!!! :grumble:
  • peachlow
    Options
    HI...OKAY I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT OUR LEADERS ARE SUPPOSED TO GET OUR WEEKLY TOTALS SO LET ME KNOW....

I CAN PUT THEM ON HERE TOO IF U LIKE....

ALTSOBAN WARRIORS!!! TEAM # 14
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Dear Wappo Warriors,

It is with sincere regret that I am going to have to drop out of this challenge this month. I know this is disappointing to you all... I just have too much on my plate. I have extremely extenuating circumstances in my personal life that is forcing me to drop some "extras" in my life. I will continue to log onto MFP each day and go to the gym and meet with my personal trainer but that's about all I can give at the moment.

Thank you for being supportive and encouraging and good luck in your challenge!

Suz
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that, Suz. I hope life settles down for you soon. Take care and thank you!
  • starz13
    Options
    Had a fantastic rest day today....ready for a great nights sleep and then to get into it again tomorrow morning....THANK YOU SO MUCH for no burpies this week and the bear walk i was so thrilled when i saw that.
    I have mapped out my 5 mile walk for next week too....
    I had lost 700grams this morning, Love this challenge!
  • aimeerowe91
    Options
    I've gained weight this week. Bit gutted. The only reason though is because I've been tied down writing an essay. Managed to do the challenges but none of my normal exercise. Looking forward to the challenges next week. Especially the 2 mile runs. I've really started to enjoy running. Aiming for a big loss next week! Hope you've all done fantastic guys! And here's to an even better next week!
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Our team has it's own thread, maybe others do as well.