P90X Support Group...

Options

Replies

• yeehawww
    yeehawww Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Came on here to vent....

Just finished the first 50 min of yoga x. My workout is going very poorly today :( I just feel like i'm not focused mentally like i usually am with yoga x, and its effecting my performance. I've also been having a lot of distractions as i'm trying to get through my yoga so that's not helping either. Been feeling really sluggish and not energized all day. I don't like this feeling. I thought the yoga would make me feel better but it hasn't been so far. I'm kinda getting frustrated and discouraged, so i thought i might feel better and more determined if i read some of your posts and wrote my thoughts out. It's helping a little :)

Being a part of this group helps me feel accountable for what I do, and that no matter what workout i'm doing i'm not alone. I feel like not only do I need to go finish this yoga and really bring for me, but to not let you guys down too! Sooo back to it i guess! I will own yoga x and show it who's boss.

anyone having a hard day as well, stick with it! we can all succeed together
  • roballesteros
    Options
    Completed Cardio X today...day 9 in the books!! Yay! I was really feeling it today...but of course I love, love the Cardio part of this program...I did asked my sons to stand and be my target practice when I do the 3 directional kicks but they weren't going for it...I just wanting to make sure my form was right...:tongue: I hope I will be this into it tomorrow when I have to do ARX!

Ok guys just 2 more work days until the weekend....:bigsmile: we can do this!!!

Make your work outs count!

Ro
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Oh, by the way, not really P90x related but… I'm also doing the hundred pushup challenge (hundredpushups.com) alongside this on Monday, Wednesday & Friday. So today I'm on week 3, day 2 and did the following 5 sets - 20, 25, 15, 15, 25 with 90 seconds rest between sets. Except the last set was 15, mini break of 20 secs and 10 more.

Tough as hell! First time I've ever got 100 pushups in under 15 minutes in my life though, that's a win! :)

Jay
  • yeehawww
    yeehawww Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Jay- you are an inspiration! pushups are tough but it's really awesome that you are working so hard both at your p90x and doing an additional pushup challenge! way to go hard. 100 pushups, VERY IMPRESSIVE
  • miss_p90x
    miss_p90x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good job Jay on the pushups, I am hoping I can do at least 12 proper pushups by the end of p90x!

Did Plyo yesterday, was very exhausted so did not do too good on all the moves, but I kept on doing it eventhough my body was aching and I was feeling tired. Today, it is Shoulders and Arms and I am looking forward to the workout!

Keep on pushing play, we are almost 9-10 days (depending if you started a day early or on the dot)!
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Hey Yall...

Just wanted to drop a quick line and say that I did plyo before the games tonight... I am freaking exhausted! But In a good way of course!
    Talk to yall tomorrow! Bring IT tomorrow!
    Drew

p.s. msaap..... Your legs should be sore as heck from Plyo... like REALLY sore if you arent used to it. When I really brought it for the first plyo of this time through the program, I was sore until yesterday! And then I had to do it again today! haha! Keep Bringing It! :)
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Btw... Roball... I love your attitude! Positivity! :smile:
    Keep on bringin it! You are doing a fantastic job!
    Drew
  • miss_p90x
    miss_p90x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sassy- congrats girl, I am definitely gonna try my old jeans to see if I see something similar to what u saw. That's incredible!

Mike- I am only doing 5 and 7.5 kgs dumbbells, not completely in your league. I don't have many dumbbells so just doing more reps to feel the burn. Keep up the good work, your numbers look very good!
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Woke up at the crack of dawn and did my Yoga X today! Felt really good to stretch out... It's amazing how much sweat pours off me during the 45 minutes of vinyasa poses. Some of those positions are TOUGH. My legs were on fire during the half moons, right angle poses, etc. Then comes the relief of balance poses and stretching. I had a stronger than usual showing for yoga belly 7 today, I'm hoping that means my core is getting stronger.

So overall I've completed 18 days, 20% of the program.

Legs & Back / Ab Ripper tomorrow! Hope you all have a great day!

-Mike
  • Sassy_Cass
    Sassy_Cass Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Confession - I Missed Plyo last night :sad: After getting to work feeling awesome about my new purchase I headed off for a night of recruiting. That went until 9:30 :frown:, with the drive to my cousins and getting some food in I knew that if I attempted to work my butt off for plyo I would be ill...

So - Doubles Friday and Saturday - going to di it up with Plyo am - Arms and Shoulders pm, Yoga-X am - Legs and Back pm. Worked that out so that I can go ball out on each of my workouts. If I attempted Legs and Back after Plyo I would Bonk hardcore! I give PLYO my all!! BOOM

Whata m I doing tonight you ask? Depending on when I get home (yes recruiting again... :explode: going to die not working out I feel so BLAH!!!) I will pop in Arms and Shoulders if I am home before 10 and then do Plyo, and doubles Saturday. So One day off but not one routine missed. :drinker:
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Dont feel bad Sassy... I missed half of my yoga (I am at the end of week three....)... 90 minutes is hard to come by when you leave for work at 6:30am and dont get home until 8:00pm.....
  • roballesteros
    Options
    Does anyone use the the HRM monitor used with IPhone...my HRM is not the best and I am thinking of investing in a new one but I am really interested in the Iphone one....If you are using it or know anyhting about it, your input would be appreciated! If not, any input on the HRM you are using would be helpful too.

Thanks

Ro
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

joining in on this thread, I am ending my week 5, I'm available for questions and also looking at all the tips and things other have to share,

pushing play together helps a lot ;)
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    Day 10! Done!

So today was a day of good news for me. My best man won a Hipstamatic photo contest and for the prize he get's to take himself and 3 others to Nashville Tennessee next month for a sweet intimate gig in honour of Jack Daniels' birthday. Natch he's taking me and my fiance along with his girlfriend (who also happens to be our chief bridesmaid). Now if you live in TN, you're probably thinking "that aint that good Jay" but if you live in England like me, it's a trip of a lifetime!

I've still to figure out how I'll manage to keep up with P90x while I'm over there... Worst comes to worse I miss a Yoga, a leg/back and a kenpo. I'll figure something out...

Aaaaannyway... On to today's workout.

Well that dodgy right ankle I felt for plyo showed back up today but obviously only on the warmup. I strapped it up with a sports support type thing and it's holding out fine. My left shoulder muscle (sorta between the shoulder and the outer tricep) was absolutely wrecking during all of the shoulder movements today. I'm putting that down to the epic pushup challenge I did yesterday though. I did the best I could although I had to lower some weight on a couple of movements. It's all about listening to your body and avoiding injury.

Mike - I've got my weights and reps logged, I'll drop them back in later after I've eaten my dinner.

ARX - I know exactly what Tony means when he says "I hate it! But I love it!". I had to have a few mini breaks after each movement before moving onto the next one but I well and truly brought it today! I did 360 out of 349 movements. That's right, I did extra credit folks! I've promised myself an Xmas present of 6 pack abs this year so I aint gonna disappoint myself!

Now I want to touch on diet briefly. I'm eating a steady 2600 calories daily including my supplements. I go for high protein where I can and get at or near 40/40/20 most days. I really feel this is a game of holding my nerve. I'm seeing lean mass gain on my body already but I'm also seeing small love handles creeping in around my middle. I know that this is in the plan but my gut instinct is to cut back to 1600 or less and try to shed the fat! Patience, patience... I do plan to switch to a cutting diet before the end of the program (how else will those ripped abs I can feel show through?) but I'm not sure yet of when I'll do that. It's a case of judging results as I go and reacting to the changes I see. Any tips on bulking and cutting with P90x gratefully appreciated guys.

Ok, I'm off to go eat omellette and salad for my dinner! Yum!

Stick with it guys, I really look forward to hearing how everyone did every day. Wherever you're up to in the program, make it count today!

BOOM!

Till next time.

Jay
  • msaap
    msaap Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else hate doing Yoga X like I do? It amazes me because I thought it would be Plyo. The first time I did Yoga X, I stopped after about 20 minutes (I know that's awful). When I told a friend he laughed at me so hard, and told me that if I would have just went about 25 more minutes it would have gotten much easier. Today, I can do the whole thing, but for some reason I still dread doing it. Luckily, my 2 year niece loves doing it with me and she's my inspiration for getting it done.
  • bampitt
    bampitt Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm with you MSAAP. I hate doing Yoga X even though i know its so good for me. So, I switched it up this morning and did Arms and Shoulders instead. Only got in 30 minutes though, because my husband was sick and I had to leave home early to take my little one to daycare.

I walked uphill on the treadmill for 30 minutes at lunch and I will do Ab Ripper when I get home before I make dinner. I usually have to break up my workouts but it keeps my energy level up throughout the day.

Whew!

But, I did a bad thing at lunch and added a bag a fritos to my healthy sancwich. So, it looks like dinner might just be vegetables and fruit. heh.
  • drwstown76
    Options
    Hey Yall! :smile:

Day 10 in the books already!!!! BOOM! Crushin It!

Ok so it was Arms and Shoulders with ARX today. So, I will go ahead and post my numbers from today. I definitely went as hard as I could.
    Shout out to Mike for making me write down these numbers... I appreciate that man!!!

One arm shoulder press- 35 lbs: Set 1 - 12 reps.
    set 2 - 10 reps

Deep swimmer Press - 35 lbs Set 1 - 5 reps + 20 lbs - 2 reps
    set 2 - 3 reps + 20 lbs - 3 reps

Upright Rows - 35 lbs Set 1 - 12 reps
    Set 2 - 10 reps

Seated Flys - 20 lbs Set 1 - 14 reps
    Set - 12 reps

Standing Flys 20 lbs Set 1 - 14 reps
    Set 2 - 10 reps

In and Bicep Curls 35 lbs Set 1- 9 reps + 20 lbs - 3 reps
    Set 2 - 6 reps + 20 lbs - 6 reps

Full supination curls 35 lbs Set 1 - 6 reps + 20 lbs - 5 reps
    set 2 - 7 reps + 4 reps

Static arm curls 35 lbs Set 1 - 4 reps + 20 lbs - 8 reps
    Set 2 - 4 reps + 20 lbs - 4 reps

Crouching Cohen Curls 35 lbs set 1 - 5 reps + 20 lbs - 10 reps
    set 2 - 7 reps + 7 reps

Congdon Curls 35 lbs set 1 - 4 reps + 20 lbs - 4 reps
    set 2 - 5 reps + 2 reps

Kickbacks 20 lbs set 1 - 14 reps
    set 2 - 12 reps

Chair Dips (strai leg) Set 1 - 35 reps
    set 2- 35 reps

Flip Grip Twist Kickbacks 20 lbs set 1 - 15 reps
    set 2 - 10 reps

Laying down Tri extend 20 lbs set 1 - 12 reps
    set 2 - 12 reps

Side Tri Rise (my fav) set 1 - 25 left and 25 right
    set 2 - 21 left and 20.5 right

I could not get up that last rep on the side tri rise!!!! hahahahaha.....

Im off to class yall... have a great night!
    Drew:explode:
    BOOM!!!!
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    I generally dread yoga x just because I know when I start I'll be sweating like a mothersucker for an hour and a half. I love the burn though and dig the feeling after I'm finished though :)

Ok, as promised, here's my weights & reps for today's workout. My weights are in kg but I'll do my best to convert them to pounds for you:

It goes:
    Movement - 1st set (reps / lb) - 2nd set (reps / lb)

Alternating Shoulder Press - 8 / 27.5 - 8 / 27.5
    In & Out Bicep Curls - 16 / 22 - 13 / 22
    2 Arm Tricep Kickbacks - 8 / 22 - 8 / 22
    Deep Swimmers Press - 8 / 22 - 8 / 18
    Full Supination Concentration Curls - 10 / 22 - 8 / 22
    Chair dips - 25 - 20
    Upright Rows - 10 / 22 - 10 / 22
    Static Arm Curls - 16 / 16.5 - 16 / 14.5
    Flip Grip Tricep Kickbacks - 8 / 11 - 8 / 14.5
    Seated 2 angle shoulder flyes - 16 / 11 - 16 / 11
    Crouching Cohen Curls - 10 / 11 - 10 / 11
    Lying Down Tricep Extensions - 6 / 22 - 6 / 22
    In & Out Straight Arm shoulder Flyes - 16 / 9 - 16 / 9
    Congdon Curls - 10 / 16.5 - 10 / 16.5
    Side Tri Raises - 30 - 20

Cheers

Jay
  • roballesteros
    Options
    I did Arms & Shoulders plus ARX today...I was able to do most of my sets with 10lbs weights and did at least 15 - 20 reps on all...it's getting better folks! Next week I promised myself that I would TRY 15lbs...we shall see. ARX is getting much better I am able to do all 25 reps in the first 4 movements....even the one that you are flapping your arms while kicking both legs outs...this for me is a big accomplishments...as I am not very coordinated and I looked absolutely ridiculous the first time I attempted this...it was in essence an EPIC FAIL last week but today was not so bad...:smile:

I will be doing Yoga X tomorrow...I actually like Yoga X but I have to say I think it's way too long...maybe T. Horton was trying to earn his keep but I do believe that at least 20 minutes of this could be shaved off. I myself will not be doing the last 20 minutes tomorrow...I think 1 hour and 10 minutes is plenty of yoga....I am NOT a trainer by any means and really shouldn't be criticizing T. Horton but what the hell...I'm sure I'll pay for it later when I am attempting those excruciating pull ups! T. Horton will remember my comments on Yoga and make me cry on the pull up bar :sad:

Tomorrow is Friday...we have survived another week! Yay Us!

Make your workout count!

BTW: Drew where are you from, if you don't mind me asking? I'm a Texas girl and I love the "y'all" when you are addressing us!:wink:
    Ro
  • Ucsb23
    Ucsb23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just got done with arms and shoulders and I'm feeling great. I was able to improve from last week and was even able to get through the bonus round. I dragged yesterday through Cardio X (was not having a good day) but I pushed through it and thought of all of you. The ab ripper is still though. I still can't make it past a couple of reps on some of those moves, although I try each and everyone of them. Thanks for all thr great posts and the motivation to push through!!! Keep up the good work.