Anyone else feel that earthquake on the East coast?

Options
12346»

Replies

• moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    My daughter had just landed a jump at cheer practice when it start. All her friends looked at her like...What did you do? Earthquake caused by a 5'7" 117 lb cheerleader in MD!
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Friend of mine up in Vestal, NY felt it. I'm moving to the area in ten days, and was on the phone with my insurance agent just minutes before the quake. She mentioned the impending hurricane, and I said, "Sure, we'll get hurricanes now and then, but at least we don't have to worry about earthquakes." Good thing I don't believe in jinxes and the like, huh?

Hope the new place is okay. We've sunk everything we have to spare into it.

Kris
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Charlotte, NC... yes, felt it here!
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My friend on Facebook just said something about it! She lives in Lynchburg. I lived in Northern VA for 7 months last year and nothing ever happened. How crazy!
    I'm in Northern Va and just felt an earthquake, my mom was on the phone with me in NC and she felt it too. Anybody else?

I live in Lynchburg, VA & am originally from Georgia. Kind of funny... :smile:
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I felt it here in Boston, MA. I thought I was having vertigo... then noticed that the cards pinned on my wall were shaking open and closed! I thought to myself "ummm, did we just have an earthquake?!"

I can't believe I felt it so far from the epicenter!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm in southern NJ and felt it
    my parents are in west michigan and their local news
    reported that it was felt in parts of west michigan as well.

Also this morning Colorado had a 5.3 quake.
    And of course Hurricane Irene is approaching.

Idk about anyone else, but there's going to be
    much prayer here. :heart:
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm in Lynchburg, VA (about an hour & a half from the epicenter) & we felt it! We had to evacuate. The windows rattled, building swayed, & vault door (work at a bank) moved! We got outside & could hear it rumbling!

Wow, to move a vault door is a lot... use to work in a bank and it was a pain pulling and pushing that heavy door....
  • momburntdinner
    momburntdinner Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sidenote: prayers don't prevent earthquakes.
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sharon, PA felt it! we are on the Ohio/Pa line
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options

Sidenote to the Sidenote: I don't think the prayers are to prevent earthquakes. I believe they are for the communities and people that have been impacted by them.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options

Sidenote to the Sidenote: I don't think the prayers are to prevent earthquakes. I believe they are for the communities and people that have been impacted by them.

well said :wink:
  • misslissa555
    misslissa555 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm in Northern RI and I felt it! I was sitting at the kitchen table and felt a breeze coming through the windows. I thought woah that's a strong breeze because the table was moving and my laptop was going left to right and my chair was moving. I was thinking maybe I lost a lot of weight and was so light the wind was blowing me. Guess no such luck yet. :laugh:
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    prayers prevent lots of you believe it-which i do..expect much more of the same in coming days.. dont fight me.. SCRIPTURE SAYS..
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Felt it here in columbia, MD (near Baltimore). Really scary, I've never experienced an earthquake. I bet everyone in CA is laughing at us right now...
    Lived in CA my whole life and have never felt an earthquake, although it seems I'm the only one. :/
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    How cool! She's working at World Help, I think.
    My friend on Facebook just said something about it! She lives in Lynchburg. I lived in Northern VA for 7 months last year and nothing ever happened. How crazy!
    I'm in Northern Va and just felt an earthquake, my mom was on the phone with me in NC and she felt it too. Anybody else?

I live in Lynchburg, VA & am originally from Georgia. Kind of funny... :smile:
  • MarynEve
    MarynEve Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Definitely felt it in Eastern PA!
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Harrisburg, PA....definitely felt it. My whole office building shook! Scary!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I was at work and wondered why 3 large trucks were going by.
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    My parents live in Michigan and they all felt it. My mom works at the GM tech center and she told me she thought someone was playing a prank on her until she saw the lights flicker.