When it's that time of month.. (WOMEN ONLY)

Options
1235»

Replies

• leslielt
    leslielt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey I've been there and understand what you are going through you can barely stand much less workout. I just try to take some meds and then go to sleep. It's like working out when you have the flu. Sometimes you need rest.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

I agree, BCP are not the answer to everything. A friend of mine cannot take any form of them - they just make her crazy. I do not use hormonal birth control. There are alternatives that are better for your physical and mental health, as well as for the environment.

There are tons of options out there to help with the symptoms. Anything from NSAIDs to mineral supplements, to low dosage muscle relaxers to a Copper IUD. I think looking only to BCP is being short-sighted. But I opted for the Mirena IUD. I did experience side effects, but I worked with my doctor to manage those as well. Best thing to realize is that being "out of commission" for a week every month is not normal, and should be evaluated by a doctor.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I only take days off when I have the flu, etc. TOM hurts and I feel like crap but I do it anyway, even though things get squishy!:frown:
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    double post