What's your NSV this week?

Options

Replies

• Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Walking the dogs with some friends who I think are VERY fit, and yet I was the only one running up the hills to keep pace with the dogs =).....loving the exercise this week!! (it's a victory to me!)
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    Oh and my husband has started MFP because I did so well and he is being much more conscious of food choices and walking the dog for longer periods (lucky dog).
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I was at an event with all you can eat chicken nuggets and pizza and I only felt the need to eat a LITTLE BIT, instead of as many as I could without anyone noticing I was eating all the food.
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    New jeans!!! a dress size smaller than normal!!! :D
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: All of my "skinny jeans" are either baggy or too big. I am donating 15 pairs

That's awesome! Can't wait to get in my previous skinny jeans... got a ways... HOWEVER, I have recently fit into jeans that used to look dreadful on me... no muffin top or anything...

My NSV today is that I put on this pair of yoga paints that are charcoal grey, and previously every time I would put them on, they would somehow bring out all of my gross flaws, like my thigh bumps, etc (I know... gaross... lol) Put them on today and I look great in them....
    The only other yoga pants I have are black and they have always looked good on me and are getting too big... these are finally wearable without feeling horrible in them :)
  • Nichole1981
    Nichole1981 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I went shopping this past weekend and tried on a pair of size 6 pants and they fit!!!! They fit really well!!! When I started this journey I was a size 14! I never thought I would be a size 6! This is the smallest I have ever been! :love:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    MY HRM chest strap started falling down when I was working out today. Yes, I know I can tighten it, but it was still nice since the setting had been snug for the last week.
  • StaceKaiman
    Options
    Last week I was able to finally fit and feel comfortable in my new jeans and this week they are starting to feel loose, yay!
  • lloydmel
    Options
    I was at a hotel (dropping my son off at college) and I was carrying a 20 year old military-style helmet bag from my active duty days. A stranger in the elevator saw the bag and said, "thanks for your service, no plans on being deployed soon, I hope?".

I haven't been mistaken for an active duty service member in 17 years...and maybe not even the last few I was in.

All I could say through my smile was..."thanks, and nope" :)
    That's fantastic! I am an Air Force vet, and only 5 years out... don't think I'd be mistaken for one right now, but could totally see how that's a HUGE NSV...
  • lloydmel
    Options
    Being able to wrap one regular sized bath towel around me without my tummy showing!

Amber
    I love this one! Totally understand as I used to not be able to and now I can :) Feels great!
  • Jcdaniels
    Options
    Getting my *kitten* in gear and working out again. I feel so good when I've put in a great workout...makes me wonder why I was slacking so much.

If this was Google + ; I would have +1'd that post. I have been to the gym as much in the last week, as I have in the previous 3 weeks .... seriously! Glad to be back at it!
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I am back in my smaller work pants and a few shirts I haven't worn in about 12 months! :smile:

ETA: Awesome job to you too! ;)

Me to! Bought size 12 pants last summer (when I had 'just 5 more lbs to lose for them to fit') Well they never fit UNTIL TODAY!

I normally wear a 1x sweater, and last night the XL was perfect and the L was soon to be.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Dropped 2.6lbs!

I fit in a size L now! Size 16 jeans fit me!! 80% of my closet is starting to fit again!!!!!!!

Pretty soon, none of my clothes will fit! HECK YEAH!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I have been asked to be a demonstrator for a circuit training challenge video for one of the trainer's at my gym who is putting together his own business website. The video is to be eventually featured on there and is part of the August challenge he extended to his clients which was 100 squats (or leg presses - he has me on leg press), 100 pull ups (I am using a counterbalance machine with 50 % of my weight), 100 crunches (on stability ball w/10 lb weight plate behind my head) and 100 push ups (yep, the 'real' ones) ... all 400 in one 30 minute block of time. I've almost got it down ... good thing too since filming is supposed to be this weekend!
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My work mate told me to put my baggy fleece on as I was looking to skinny. lol! And also I have been cycling more lately and the usual route I take I managed to do in 27 minutes this morning instead of 45. I'm getting faster, stronger and I have no need to get off and walk up the steeper hills. I was buzzing this morning.

Congrats everyone on your NSVs. Really proud of everyone's hard work. x
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    My friends and I were actually just talking about this yesterday. When going to sit down we actually use ours muscles to lower our bodies into seats instead of just kinda plopping there. Yay for new muscle control! We all agreed feeling the difference in the way our bodies move was fantastic!

By the way... hearing everyone's NSVs is so inspiring!! I love it :)
  • crystalinda
    crystalinda Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    OK, so I can't get over myself right now so I have to share. When I first started using this site in May i was depressed about my size 8 pants, less than 4 months later I'm swimming in my size 4 pants and my belts don't have enough holes to hold em' up. Guess its shopping time!
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    my BMI changed today from obese to over weight. also i ran in a cato's that was having a denim sale. didnt have time to try anything on so i grabbed a size 12 thinking i could wear them sometime. I tried them on at home, and i can squeeze into them . i thought when i bought them i wouldnt be able to get them over my thighs. still need to lose a few more inches before i will wear them out in public. i havent seen a size 12 , well i dont remember when.

congrats on all the NSV's.
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've got to buy smaller jeans for my vacation next week. All the pairs I have are WAY too baggy!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    This NSV happend roughly 3 weeks ago and I wanted to wait to make sure it held.. But I am back into my original engagement and wedding ring set.

When we got real big ... had to buy just gold bands... Not anymore! I know it sounds silly but it feels so good to look down at my hand and see the original rings. Puts a big smile on my face. = )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!