What's your NSV this week?

Options

Replies

• jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I dressed a little nicer today at work b/c I had an appointment with my AWESOME dentist (yes, I wanted to look good for her and the staff there.) and a few of the women at my job started flirting with me extra hard. It was nice to hear them say "wow, you look great and I can tell you've been working out" and another one asked me if I was still dating someone.

I know it's friendly/harmless talk but it's still nice to hear and it felt great that even though I can tell a difference health wise that they could physically see it in me.
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, I walked into a store I have not been in for a while, and lady behind the counter said "You are getting pretty skinny there" No one has said a word to me except my husband and my mother! It felt Wonderful, finally!!! Plus I had to donate 18 pairs of jeans that fall off of me:bigsmile:
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds in less than 3 months all through exercise and watching what I eat. My clothes are way to big and hanging off me. Yesterday when I came home my kids babysitter said, hey there skinny!:bigsmile:
  • tyadrake
    tyadrake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I was walking to the bank this afternoon with the sun behind me, I used to dread looking at my shadow on the ground. I was amazed, I could actually see a gap between my legs and could see the nice shape of my legs! No more thighs rubbing together! No big blob of a shadow onthe ground! What an amazing feeling!:flowerforyou:
  • MeAgain2011
    MeAgain2011 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My first 10-minute mile since . . . ever.
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    I made it 30 mins on the eliptical without my feet burning and feeling like i was gonna die, lol. I also hit over 400 calories burned for the first time in the 16 days i've been working out and using MFP. The scale hasn't moved yet, but i'm stickin it out and i'm hopeful. Plus i have the hubby dragging my *kitten* to the gym lately, lol.
  • kristlynngirl
    kristlynngirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Realizing I can't eat perfect every day, and if most days I'm within my calorie goals, I'm still doing well - and even when I go over a little, I'm still eating way way way less than I was before MFP.
  • treesap84
    Options
    I was so excited yesterday as I went up and down hills on my bike and made it through without huffin, puffin (LOL) or walking my bike, It was a really great feeling, What's your NSV this week?

My NSV is similar. Tonight I went for a 4 mile run on a loop I've done many times before. The kicker is at the end... a 6% grade that lasts for 0.2 miles. Guess what? Tonight I *sprinted* up the hill. I couldn't believe it! Talk about a great feeling to finally be able to conquer that hill!
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    today i planned on going for a 30min walk, it turned into a 2 1/2 hr walk, another nsv for me who knew??
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    2 different people in 2 different places told me I am looking good, and they can tel I've lost a lot of weight.
    It made me so happy!
  • crittytn
    Options
    I took my "before" pictures for MFP. I've lost approx 10 pounds from my heaviest, but there are definitely no pics of that lying around easily found! I feel completely committed to starting this after my move next week, especially after seeing the pictures. Ain't no lying in those babies.

Hope to post here with pics in a few months!
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    :happy: HECK YEEEEEEAAAAHHH Y'ALL!! THAT'S WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT! :happy:
    So I gave in to the Golden Arches and drove pass there windows ordering only a McDouble and Small fry They gave me a medium fry by mistake I was so upset I didn't even want the food any more and I felt like they just want me to eat to many calories LOL
    HAHAHA! I can relate to this! Last time I went to Del Taco I automatically got a combo (because who doesn't love tacos and french fries?!) Then I realized I didn't really want the fries so I gave them to a guy on the corner with the cardboard sign "Anything helps! God Bless."
    My friends and I were actually just talking about this yesterday. When going to sit down we actually use ours muscles to lower our bodies into seats instead of just kinda plopping there. Yay for new muscle control! We all agreed feeling the difference in the way our bodies move was fantastic!

By the way... hearing everyone's NSVs is so inspiring!! I love it :)
    THIS exact thing was my motivation to make a change. Not being strong enough to move my body.

NSV two nights ago... I tried on a size 16 "LBD" (little black dress) and it zipped right up! And it looked good! And it was on sale for $20 from $60! Needless to say, it is now hanging in my closet! Even with "size inflation" I haven't worn been this size for 10, maybe 15 years. Feeling pretty good these days! :happy:

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE! :happy:

• shesblossoming
    Options
    Being able to exercise longer! I've gone from 30 minutes on the elliptical to 45! I'm even going on inclines... it feels so good.
  • brittmiles07
    Options
    I was at an event with all you can eat chicken nuggets and pizza and I only felt the need to eat a LITTLE BIT, instead of as many as I could without anyone noticing I was eating all the food.

That's awesome! I've been so proud of myself for not sneaking into the kitchen at work and eating all the snacks like I used it.

I'm new here...what does NSV stand for? I can figure out what it means, but not the exact words, LOL.
  • MeAgain2011
    MeAgain2011 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was at an event with all you can eat chicken nuggets and pizza and I only felt the need to eat a LITTLE BIT, instead of as many as I could without anyone noticing I was eating all the food.

That's awesome! I've been so proud of myself for not sneaking into the kitchen at work and eating all the snacks like I used it.

I'm new here...what does NSV stand for? I can figure out what it means, but not the exact words, LOL.

Non-scale victory.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I walked out of a cup cake shop empty-handed!
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I was so excited yesterday as I went up and down hills on my bike and made it through without huffin, puffin (LOL) or walking my bike, It was a really great feeling, What's your NSV this week?

I have a similar one. I went from breathing hard walking from my car to the house or job and now I walked to the end of the road where I live and back, which is nearly two miles!
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone!

I had a good week in terms of NSVs:

I completed my personal challenge to go a whole month without alcohol.
    My dad told me my jeans didn't fit anymore (they are supposed to be baggy but he's almost right!)
    A colleague sent me an email telling me how noticeable my weight loss was becoming and saying well done and keep it up :)
    Another colleague told me I was looking thinner and doing really well.
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Oh, I almost forgot a good one:

I got my husband to help me measure my height and it turns out I'm 5'3" instead of 5'2"! I'm an inch taller than I've always thought! This is great news because it puts my BMI at lower than I previously thought and it means I don't have as far to go to reach a healthy weight :happy:
  • NTK85
    NTK85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This morning while getting ready for work, the top I was planning on wearing fell off:laugh: In May I was 222.2 lbs but I started MFP at 206.8lbs, I even forgot that I am coming from 222 pounds lol so when my top (which is a boob tube) fell off I was confused because in my mind I have only lost 9 pounds (thanks to my ticker:tongue: embedding that image in my head) until I remembered that I have lost almost 25 lbs... I had to look for something else to wear and found a top I had not worn in 6 months and it fit:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!