How do you prepare your salad ?

Options
13»

Replies

• NABrightEyes
    Options
    (85)g of Romaine Blend (1) tbsp dressing And I sometimes add meat Tuna, Salmon, Chicken OR Ham, Turk, Pepperoni and Swiss Cheese
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    LOL! Tossed and in a bowl! Here is my favorite to serve tossed in a bowl:
    spring mix 3 cups
    semi soft goats chesse I use 1TBS
    slivered almonds 1/4cup
    roasted red peppers
    salad dressing like zesty italian calorie wise or better yet homemade salad dressing due the amount of sodium in store bought
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Iceberg lettuce, spinach or romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, 1/8 blue cheese, 1/8 cup dried cranberries, fat free salad dressing (max of 2 TBSN), avocado slice, 1 oz max of turkey or chicken.

That is my usual. I do shake it up with different types of cheese and other fruits. I can make a decent size yummy salad for under 250 calories and it fills me up.

I will be trying some suggestions in this post.
  • AleenaZ
    AleenaZ Posts: 117
    Options
    Thank you everyone ..great ideas :)
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    baby spinach,strawberries, blue berries,purple onion>>>vinegrette

diced tomatoes,diced onion, diced cukes,feta cheese>> splash of good EVOO

zucchini carpazeio-- thinly slice zukes and lay on plate, drizzle with mix of peanut oil and rice vinegar, dust with tsp of finely ground dry roast peanuts,YUM!!!!
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    baby spinach,strawberries, blue berries,purple onion>>>vinegrette

diced tomatoes,diced onion, diced cukes,feta cheese>> splash of good EVOO

zucchini carpazeio-- thinly slice zukes and lay on plate, drizzle with mix of peanut oil and rice vinegar, dust with tsp of finely ground dry roast peanuts,YUM!!!!
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jenparfait
    Options
    Taco Salad

Romaine
    Corn
    Guacomole or sliced avocado
    2TB of Mango Peach Salsa
    2TB of Cilantro Salsa
    1TB of Chipotle Sour Cream
    1/2 cup of grilled/sauteed mushrooms and onions
    Meat - Ground beef, grilled chicken or grilled steak
    pickled jalapeno peppers

Yum!!! The salsa is what I consider the salad dressing in this recipe. Enjoy!
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I just do romaine, spinach if I have any, grape tomatoes halved, green pepper, cucumber, carrots, usually a few dried cranberries and some almonds or cashews depending on how many calories I need. To beef it up I may add a hard boiled egg, chickpeas, or black beans. I add pepper, sometimes Mrs. Dash or perfect pinch Cajun spice. Then toss with whatever dressing I'm in the mood for. I really do like my salad tossed....it makes the dressing go a lot farther... Some people suggest dunking each bite but that seems like it would require way more dressing.