Will Chewing Gum kill me?

Options
13»

Replies

• SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    i suspect you'll live.

You don't know that. Are you a doctor or something?

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on MFP.

:laugh: Just Awesome!
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Short answer, no. Xylitol is a sugar substitute that is useful for fighting the bacteria that cause cavities. As for the phenylalanine unless you are a Phenylketonuric or sensitive to aspartame, then I wouldn't worry too much about it. Maybe drop it down to a pack a day if you are that concerned or switch to celery sticks...
    It is weird to hear gum chewing being described as a pack a day habit! lol
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Gum is terrible for weight loss. If you swallow it, then it's in your body for YEARS! You can kiss your loss goodbye then. Gum is sticky. It'll stick to all the fat and junk you eat. The only way to lose weight once you swallow gum is to just wait 7 years for it to leave your body. Then all the stuff it's stuck to will leave too. Definitely not fast results!
  • Uk_Yogini
    Uk_Yogini Posts: 167
    Options
    um...likely not. chew away! (unless you plan on chewing like Violet from Willy Wonka)

Lol !!!
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    i suspect you'll live.

You don't know that. Are you a doctor or something?

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on MFP.

I am a doctor, but not the kind that helps people.

So you're the kind that helps... animal, vegetable, mineral...

Haha, it's a quote from Randy Pausch (you probably heard of "The Last Lecture.") He had a PhD in computer science, and his mom always used to introduce him: "This is my son Randy. He's a doctor...but not the kind that helps people."