72 items deleted from waist, with pic-proof.

Options

Replies

• Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Just learn to love yourself, you look great!
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Just learn to love yourself, you look great!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm going to jump on the bandwagon (pun intended. ha ha). You do look marvelous.

But I totally get what you mean. I didn't have as much weight to lose and I'm taller...5'10". I am a few pounds from my goal weight. And I've needed to buy new clothes in new sizes. First I bought size 6. Then those started to be baggy. But when I tried on some 4s and some didn't fit I was hating on myself. Really?! Pretty skewed. I think resetting our mental image of ourselves is really really hard.

If someone knows how to do that...I'd love to hear it.

But back to my original...you have done great! You look great!
  • M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Now that you've made the physical changes, it's time to make the inner changes... believing in yourself and that you are beautiful!!
  • kilndoc
    kilndoc Posts: 4
    Options
    Okay, before anybody thinks Im a creepy old man, let me say that I am coming at this from a 'father-like' perspective. I have a daughter who is in the same situation that you were in when you started getting fit. She has begun this program as well, and is already seeing changes.

You should be absolutely PROUD of yourself and what you have accomplished. Just so you know, I plan to show this post to my daughter for inspiration. I know she will see it as a true success, and will be both inspired and motivated to stick to her program.

Although I have only been doing this for a couple of weeks, I am already finding that quitting my own bad food habits is considerably harder than quitting smoking (which I successfully did last February). So much of what we do as human beings is habit-based. What you have done is broken that cycle that you slipped into.

Seriously, CONGRATULATIONS on what you have accomplished so far. If you still feel 'jiggly', start working on a toning workout to fine-tune those parts of you that need that little more adjustment. My wife is going for Zumba.....

Anyway....Good Luck. And as far as being an attention-seeker...don't worry about it. ALL the studies have shown that loosing weight, quitting smoking, or other addictions is easier when you have a support group to turn to for advise and encouragement. I suppose thats what this community does.
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! I think sometimes it takes a while for your head to catch up to what has happened to your body.

This was my thought exactly :) Part of our battle is mental. I know I've lost 40 lbs and I can really see it in pictures and I feel so much better. However, when I look in the mirror undressed, I still see all that needs to be done, especially my belly. Be proud of what you've accomplished and work on toning to firm up the jiggly parts you're not happy with. You honestly look great!
  • chriscut1
    Options
    just wanted to say I think you look amazing!! I can fully understand how you feel. I'm 5ft 4 and in 2009 reached my goal of 126lb size 8 and still felt I hadnt arrived!! people were telling me I was looking ill, older etc etc, and still I felt fat!! Now 2 years on and went up to 150lbs, been struggling for that 2 years to lose it again, up 7lbs down 7lbs etc etc. I have decided it was such a huge body image change my mind couldnt keep up! This time I'm losing slower, toning and exercising as I'm going and can see the difference just 10lbs makes to me. My reasons for losing the weight now are that I'm due for hysterectomy very soon and didnt want to be worrying about weight and strength during recovery which can take up to 12 weeks! This time I can see the shape changing and its all down to good food choices and lots of exercise..

You look amazing and you just need to get used to the new you!! xx
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You are gorgeous! I started off at 219 as well and I'm really hopping to get down to 140-150 so you are like my role model! :) chin up beautiful girl...you have definitely inspired me (and many others I'm sure). Also, remember that we are our own worst critic which sometimes doesn't help but you should be absolutely proud of your accomplishments. I applaud you!
  • moonflower09
    moonflower09 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I think it is a mixed blessing to lose all that weight. Congrats of course! You do look great. I think so much attention goes to losing it. Thats alot of energy that went to losing...now what? Maybe setting some new goals to focus on can be beneficial. I found yoga to be very worthwhile. Maybe signing up for a 5k, 10k, marathon training, triathalon....maybe some new goals that can excite you about feeling fit and enjoying your new body.
    yup it is absolutely normal. Thanks for sharing your success and thoughts.:flowerforyou:
  • BeautyCrys
    BeautyCrys Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You have done a great job! You look wonderful. I know how you feel, but everyone is differant. I don't want to be skinny, I want to healthy and be comfortable NAKED! lol Plus I like curves and so does my husband =) Curves look so much better in clothes than looking like a stick with clothes!
  • Jrab6486
    Jrab6486 Posts: 31
    Options
    Congratulations! First off you look amazing! and you seem quite happy! To be real honest- you weigh as much as I do right now, and to me you look better! Just because some people decide to lose weight at the weight we are doesn't mean that its not an accomplishment for us. Everyone holds their weight differently and are different shapes, sizes and heights. You have made an amazing accomplishment. Congratulations you look great!
  • waylonthornton
    waylonthornton Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Dude, SERIOUSLY!? You're a total fox! You should feel awesome!
  • adventuring
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic.
  • jenniferpro89
    Options
    You are seriously putting yourself down way too much. You look ABSOLUTELY amazing girl ! I'd die to have your body right now! I can't believe you lost sooo much weight so quickly. Just keep working it out to get the jigglies away girl !

Your beautiful, love your body, you look amazing!
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Wow- you look fantastic. Amazing.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    So I know i've lost weight but I also know that I am at a weight where other people start saying, "Man I need to lose some weight". Anyone else still feel really big at their goal weight? I don't want this to be a permanent feeling.

**** what other people say. You look good! If you want to lose more weight, do it because it's what you want to do. Not because Mary Johnson down the street thinks she needs to "go on a diet" at a certain weight.
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Truly, you do. You are toned and look fit - not flabby!

Most people will never be satisfied with the way their body looks. That's just human nature. But you do need to feel proud of yourself! You've come so far!!!!
  • roxyjo1
    roxyjo1 Posts: 29
    Options
    are you kidding? you should be proud of yourself, you have made quite a transformation! I'm pretty sure its normal for a lot of people who have lost a lot of weight to be used to themself in a new body. I just watched a "say yes to the dress" episode where this bride was like that, and she was a stick! Keep it up, you look great!
  • dorairwin
    dorairwin Posts: 210
    Options
    Girl you look great! Hott and amazing :flowerforyou: Be happy !!

Maybe you need to work on your self confidence... Maybe after all those years of being unhappy with your body took a toll... Just remember your gorgeous and never worry about what other people think!
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm sure not seeing what you are seeing. I'm seeing what I hope to see someday for myself. My starting weight is close to yours - 225. I'm stuck trying to break 200 right now, with a goal weight of 170. I think you look fabulous, sexy, hot. Love that cherry dress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!