if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Options

Replies

• BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    :sad: everybodys being mean to me

Who me?? (repeatedly pokes FearAnLoathing with a stick).
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I would want someone to tell me when I am wrong about something or being stupid..whether it be in a rude way or not. It is there intentions that count, right?
    Not everyone can express themselves like a Hallmark card.

And just as you think rude folks are coming to the board, I think overly sensitive folks are coming onto the board. Sensitive folks who can't or won't face the facts that what they are doing or have been doing is just plain wrong..instead they want someone to coddle them and tell them "good job, keep your chin, it will all change" when it won't because they have no clue what they are doing.

Yeah I am sensitive, I have depression - so what is that any of your business? No? Don't like what something write you can simply not reply rather than being rude can you not.

And that, my dear, is why people get rude. Because the OP asks a question, someone gives a response/opinion, then they get defensive.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    :sad: everybodys being mean to me

Who me?? (repeatedly pokes FearAnLoathing with a stick).

im telling my mommy
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Just because you can say something doesn't mean you should. In my experience, people say things under the guise of honesty, when in reality their intentions are just plain hurtful or malicious. Many people cannot grasp the intended tone or inflection of the written word, which makes public forums like this a free-for-all of mis-interpretation.

I'd like to think that people are overall good and say things with the best of intentions.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Why do midgets giggle when they run???

-Because the grass tickles their balls!

LMAO
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Just because you can say something doesn't mean you should. In my experience, people say things under the guise of honesty, when in reality their intentions are just plain hurtful or malicious. Many people cannot grasp the intended tone or inflection of the written word, which makes public forums like this a free-for-all of mis-interpretation.

How exactly do you know what someones intentions are over the net?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    This post is just like all the crazy posts about TOM and gaining 6 pounds over night.. pointless and annoying.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    So many more rude ppl are making there ways onto the message board.
    You have MAYBE half of the picture, so what gives you the right to be so freaking rude?

kthx

Jeez... not YOU again... :grumble:

you sure do complain a lot... how about this for a thought

try not using the forums for your personal therapy/venting board

it's the interwebs, people are mean, sarcastic, and misinformed

want an answer to a specific question???? try google

just sayin
    im gonna have to agree with her on this one.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

How exactly do you know what someones intentions are over the net?
    I believe in Benefit of the Doubt. Give people the benefit of the doubt when I feel hurt or defensive - that maybe they aren't coming onto an Internet forum only to make me feel bad, that maybe they are trying to make a point, or simply trying to be funny, or - mythological creature forbid - DISAGREE.

As soon as I can sidestep my ego long enough to listen to differing viewpoints, I get the opportunity to learn something. It might end up being BS. But it might end up being something I really need to hear. Getting my feelings hurt over it doesn't serve anything productive.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    You have MAYBE half of the picture, so what gives you the right to be so freaking rude?

kthx
    Instead of letting comments on a web site bother you, it might serve you well to improve your coping skills. I don't know what life you've had nor do I have any idea of how your life's story will unfold but, in my experience of many jobs and living in many places in the US and Canada, life can suck. Yes, it's, overall, pretty good for most people on this continent but bad things do happen to good people and it's a good skill to have to be able to deal with adversity in such a way that it doesn't cause emotional turmoil.

Some people are friendly, helpful, and well intentioned. Some people are grumpy and they growl and snap from time to time. A small percentage of people are total *kitten*. Live with the friendly ones, comfort the grumpy ones, and disregard the bad ones.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I would want someone to tell me when I am wrong about something or being stupid..whether it be in a rude way or not. It is there intentions that count, right?
    Not everyone can express themselves like a Hallmark card.

And just as you think rude folks are coming to the board, I think overly sensitive folks are coming onto the board. Sensitive folks who can't or won't face the facts that what they are doing or have been doing is just plain wrong..instead they want someone to coddle them and tell them "good job, keep your chin, it will all change" when it won't because they have no clue what they are doing.

I like you. For several different reasons, but this post is one of them.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    <---- grumpy growly and snappy.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Someone called me an *kitten* the other day. It felt like I achieved some new level of success.

But yeah, this forum is full of clueless people proposing to do clueless things. When people chime in and say, "hey don't do that", that's not being rude; that's a public service - for the person doing the asking/proposing and for the quiet lurkers reading in the background.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Someone called me an *kitten* the other day. It felt like I achieved some new level of success.

and how funny is it that so many of us (Taso friends) came to your defense, while you marveled in the glory?
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Is this really happening right now? I wish there was a rule in the "Forum Rules" (that so many of us know so well), about being annoying.

Also, I don't care if I hurt your feelings, you and me can duke out the depression together, mkay? We can swap sob stories and I'll tell you to cowboy up and slap you on the back. It'll be great.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    This week has been full of those for me? For all you sensitive people (I'll admit I am too) here's an honest fact for you:

I'm not asking anyone to change their emotional or easily bothered nature. Maybe you should but that's another story. All you have to know how to do in life is deal with it on your own, and them come back to it. Half the time, you'll laugh about stuff too or you'll come back with something snappy. It's okay to think somebody is mean, not okay to preach about it. LET IT GO.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

kthx

Kthx is rude....Im reporting you for being abrupt and abbreviated
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Enough with the whining, already. If you're on a public forum/website/blog you're opening yourself up to the big bad world. That's just the reality. I, for one, would be seriously bored out of my mind if every person I came across agreed with everything I thought, felt, or believed. If a person can't handle the comments(positive or negative) from other people, then said person shouldn't post for the world to see. Simple as.

I'm frostiegurl and I approve this message.

YOU WENT BLONDE!!! Do you feel super fun?? :)
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I am finding it amusing that some people who have come to her defense in the past and called us all meanies has now done a 180 and is telling her to toughen up.

Fascinating.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say it's growth.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I like pie. Oh ya...and screw you all. :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.