weird foods that turned out to be AWESOME.

Options

Replies

• dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I was eating some quinoa, and I put in a scoop of sundried-tomato flavored hummus and mixed it up... it was super good!! :)
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chchchangess
    Options
    replacing sour cream with greek yogurt. omg too good.
  • 67Brandy
    Options
    Cottage cheese with diced tomatoes(even canned tomatoes drained)

Nutella on a plain, caramel, or chocolate rice cake.

Sweet potato "fries" (really baked) with ranch dressing

Salmon instead of tuna in a tuna salad recipe
  • 67Brandy
    Options
    Garlic hummus on a Real Foods corn thin
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash- although a little time consuming, well worth it!
    Spinach in my smoothie- couldn't taste it since I added banana
    Avocado really grossed me out but its actually quite delicious with some pita bread

And......I'm so making those nutella wantons in like 30 seconds. I just made mini vegetarian lasagnas with wanton wrappers tonight- quite good! Luckily I have some left :)
  • gracemleone
    Options

Nutella banana wontons recipe

If you are anything like me, you have to have something sweet at the end of the day. It doesn't take much to satisfy my sweet tooth, but it always has to be a bite of heaven to end the evening.

I made these last night, and let me tell you...a bite of heaven doesn't even describe the awesomeness. nom. One of these suckers was plenty to make me happy, but I had two because I made two and I couldn't allow the lonely little wonton to sit there uneaten, so I ate it.

Warning - Only make as many as you want to eat. Otherwise, if you make more...you will eat more. You have been warned.

1 wonton wrapper - 20 calories
    1 teaspoon Nutella - 33 calories
    1 slice banana - 7 calories (I am guessing, but it can't be more lol)

1 Nutella/Banana Wonton - 60 calories & a smile

LOL.. I love the warning. But the words nutella and moderation do not belong together in a sentence. :smile:

I'm gonna pretend I never read this recipe and forget all about nutella heaven. :noway:
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options

If you are anything like me, you have to have something sweet at the end of the day. It doesn't take much to satisfy my sweet tooth, but it always has to be a bite of heaven to end the evening.

I made these last night, and let me tell you...a bite of heaven doesn't even describe the awesomeness. nom. One of these suckers was plenty to make me happy, but I had two because I made two and I couldn't allow the lonely little wonton to sit there uneaten, so I ate it.

Warning - Only make as many as you want to eat. Otherwise, if you make more...you will eat more. You have been warned.

You will need:

Wonton Wrappers
    Nutella
    Sliced Bananas
    1 Egg, beaten
    PAM Spray

Directions:

* Place Wonton wrapper on a flat surface
    * Add one teaspoon of heaven, I mean Nutella in the middle
    * Lick spoon (don't act like you are not going to lick the spoon
    * Place the banana slice on top
    * Dip finger in beaten eggs and glaze the edges of the wonton
    * bring all for corners to the middle and press all sides to make it look like...I don't know, make it look like something
    * Spray the bottom of a cookie sheet and place wontons on sheet
    * Spray the top of the wontons just a little so that they crisp up when they cook
    * Place in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until the wonton is brown and crispy looking
    * Remove Wontons and cry a little out of happiness

Enjoy!

Marry Me????:love: Just made them. Best part of my life.ever.
  • megsie25
    Options
    Bump
  • mjshmily
    mjshmily Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    sour cream n grapes.

not kidding the recipe is actually called "Burnt Grapes" though i don't know why.

just washed seedless black grapes in a big bowl or pan. a container of fat free sour cream mixed with vanilla and sugar (splenda) to taste. pour over grapes. Then melt 2 tbsp of margarine or butter in a saucepan, add 2 tbsp brown sugar (splenda brown works but not as well) and heat till bubbling. drizzle over the pan of grapes -it will cool into a caramel. Those seriously watching carbs and sugar can just pick off the caramel drizzle.

The kids love this! I make it as dessert for Thanksgiving.
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    You're a standup recipe comic! Very funny and delish all in one!

Odd food I really love...Vosjes Milk Chocolate bar with Bacon. I cannot have it often. I will not stop eating it.

You will need:

Wonton Wrappers
    Nutella
    Sliced Bananas
    1 Egg, beaten
    PAM Spray

Directions:

* Place Wonton wrapper on a flat surface
    * Add one teaspoon of heaven, I mean Nutella in the middle
    * Lick spoon (don't act like you are not going to lick the spoon
    * Place the banana slice on top
    * Dip finger in beaten eggs and glaze the edges of the wonton
    * bring all for corners to the middle and press all sides to make it look like...I don't know, make it look like something
    * Spray the bottom of a cookie sheet and place wontons on sheet
    * Spray the top of the wontons just a little so that they crisp up when they cook
    * Place in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until the wonton is brown and crispy looking
    * Remove Wontons and cry a little out of happiness

Enjoy!
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Oh my....I'll bet that wonton thingy gets featured in a dream tonight.
  • jackwooness
    Options
    The weirdest thing that I wouldn't think I'd like but actually do is something my granddad does is puts cornflakes on a chicken pie instead of pastry or breadcrumbs. Unusual, but a really nice texture!
    The other thing that I really like but most people turn their noses up at is having fruit cake and cheddar together. Really good!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Roasted chickpeas

I'm addicted.
  • robinellis
    Options
    Whey Protein. When I started my weight loss, I thought "Oh, I could never do THAT!" It just sounded so hard core body builder has to taste like crap stuff. (Think 'eating her curds and whey' yuck!) Now, I think my whey protein shakes are the best part of my workout!
    I just started putting a tablespoon of sliced black olives in my pam fried egg whites and I really enjoy the extra taste.

what kind of shakes do you use?? i have recently started trying protein shakes and i have yet to find one i can swallow more than once. blech! a big part of my problem is i don't eat/drink any kind of artificial sweeteners.
  • hesa0204
    hesa0204 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow - these recipes sound delicious! Thanks all!
  • rosefish225
    Options
    bump!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Eggs with ketchup. My husband calls it "bloody eggs." Surprisingly, this is really tasty.
  • emtweedy
    Options
    bump