4 christmre
5 cmpettey
6 Kris1085
7 AbbyGrl72
8 missxlaur
9 megsaroo

We need one more person :)

here is the link to the challenge

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/317595-september-tribal-challenge-1000-people-5000-pounds

Replies

• laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    September Tribal Challenge

1-2 Co-Captains Beckdubs and Lauren
    3 AshleyBKeen
    4 christmre
    5 cmpettey
    6 Kris1085
    7 AbbyGrl72
    8 missxlaur
    9 megsaroo
    10 luckyduck768 - Welcome :)
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    Bump
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Welcome luckyduck! We're glad to have you.
  • laurielou04
    Options
    hey everyone...as part of this challenge we are supposed to report on our weight weekly and if we do the excercise.
    Instead of posting on the message board or messaging I thought it would be easier if we had a spreadsheet we could all go into to put our info in.

I created a gmail account for our team and will upload an excel sheet that everyone will be able to log in to put info into (great thing about googledocs is that it automatically saves :)
    We could even have a seperate document for each person...whatever we all want.

the email is: nishi.warrior.mfp@gmail.com
    private message me for the password :)

Super excited for this ladies :)
  • missxlaur
    missxlaur Posts: 286
    Options
    bump
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    HA!!!! I GOT IT!!!!! I went back over your posts and found where you said to go on Aviary and do it that way. I'm the dingbat of this challenge...so beware. On the plus side...I got in a great walk!!! :) Lets kick this out now!
  • laurielou04
    Options
    HA!!!! I GOT IT!!!!! I went back over your posts and found where you said to go on Aviary and do it that way. I'm the dingbat of this challenge...so beware. On the plus side...I got in a great walk!!! :) Lets kick this out now!

haha...good job on the walk... :glasses:
  • megsaroo
    megsaroo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Love the name and the logo! I need advice on how to copy it and how to put it in my signature. Can't wait for the start of September - we can do it ladies!
  • christmre
    christmre Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Love the name and the logo! I need advice on how to copy it and how to put it in my signature. Can't wait for the start of September - we can do it ladies!

just copy and paste this to put it in your signature, taking out the spaces first.
    [ img ]http://aviary.me/oRTbQh[/ img ]
  • laurielou04
    Options

if you have any issues getting it to work...i included step by step directions on the old message board :)
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    Btw....My name is Crystal. :) Abby is my 9 year old daughter.
  • megsaroo
    Options
    Just seeing if my signature is working correctly! Welcome luckyduck!
  • laurielou04
    Options
    hey team!

Here's some challenge info from Gary (who is organizing this whole thing):

I would also encourage you to encourage your folks to purchase a set of dumbbells. 3lb or 5lb to start out with. This will really help them build, tone and define muscle. They can be purchased for under $10 from walmart. If they are unable cans of soup, vegetable juice and water bottles can be used as substitutes.

At the end of this week I will begin posting information about September's Daily and Weekly challenges. We will have two separate workout programs. Some of the exercises with crossover, however many will not. We will have the nomad series which will be more of a repeat of what we've done in august. We will also have the BUSHMEN series. This will be an advanced workout series designed to push those ready for a new challenge.

We will be utilizing (HIIT) High Impact Interval Training along with TABATA Training. A tabata timer will be provide for free in the future via mp3 file. This will be a free download and can help your teammates stay on the tabata cycle. Tabata training is a 20 second intense workout with a 10 second break over 4 exercises and then you repeat for a total of 4 minutes. It is designed to increase aerobic and anaerobic conditioning. You can google and read more about Tabata training.

If you haven't experienced TABATA before, check this link out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DfuU3TSsFM (Gary is awarding everyone on the August Challenge an extra point if we do this as well but these will form part of the 'harder' set of exercises in Sept).

Another Bushmen series exercise program we will utilize is Wildman Training. This uses primarily bodyweight exercises to help tone, burn and shape our new bodies.

The weekly team challenges will now be referred to as tribal challenges.

SEPTEMBER IS COMING! We will have two sets of exercises. I don't want this to be confusing at all. I'm thinking about using an external website to post this stuff so everyone could go to one point wherever they are. But that might be an October thing...not sure. We will have a beginner and a killer series workout. You get to decide. But push yourself. Try the killer's if your body isn't ready that just means just that you aren't ready YET! You will be though I promise. The Killer side of things will be incorporating Miss Zuzzana from Bodyrock.tv, some Wildman Training, and some tabata HIIT Training. Some of you will be like HUH? What did he just say....others will be like now we're talking. The beginners will be what we've been doing for those that are just beginning or need another month in this exercise phase! So get your self prepared because in September we're going TRIBAL!

A sneak peek at September's GOING TRIBAL CHALLENGE> This will be an example of what we will be doing in the advanced workout phase. I'm calling it the "The Bushmen Series" You will be pushing and challenging your body each day by beginning with a 4 minute workout. Everyone who decides to take or attempt the Bushmen Series will need to get up 5 minutes early. Now know groaning. What's 5 minutes really? Here is a video of some things we'll be doing! This is High Intensity Interval Training for hereforth referred to as HIIT! WE"RE GOING TRIBAL FOLKS! It's going to produce some phenomenal results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sabjg06VE00&feature=youtube_gdata_player

My Previous post is for the advanced side of September. We have folks that have less than 10lbs to lose. Their fitness level is higher. We have folks who are wanting more so I've found exercises to help them push even harder with more difficult exercises. The September Challenge will have the same style of exercises as August and as always there are modifications of each exercise along with alternatives for folks with bad joints or other injuries. So please don't get discouraged. That post was for about 10% of you. The rest will be doing the normal Tribal Challenge! YOU CAN DO THIS! As a side note maybe try one of the tabata exercises you will probably surprise yourself! Keep up the great work.
  • laurielou04
    Options
    Hey Ladies!!!

I posted the above and below posts in the team email :)

Also I created a googledoc called struggles/obstacles so while the challenge is going on and you are feeling down we can encourage each other.

Spreadsheets are still not up yet but will be added.

Gary has requested that these rules be posted in our team forum:

RAISING OUR SPEARS IN SEPTEMBER SPEARS AND WE’RE GOING TRIBAL!

Welcome and thank you so much for being a team captain for this MFP Challenge. I believe this is one
    of the largest MFP Challenges to date and it’s all made possible by you! You folks really are ROCKSTARS!
    If a team member is unable to fulfill their place a replacement can be made please update me with the
    information.

September 1st Deadline

· Make sure you have contacted each team member and given them your forum post link
    · Obtain everyone’s starting weight as of September 1st or the night before
    · Post the weekly challenges to your team forum prior to September 1st and prior to each week
    · End of the week tally your teams points (this can be done daily if easier)
    · Add Bonus Points at the end of the week where applicable

The scoring is as follows. I hope this is simple. If you have questions I’ll answer them for you.

· 1 point for each pound lost per team member
    · 1 point for each team member who does their daily exercise challenge (1 point per member)
    · 1 point for the other weekly challenges (water intake, staying under calories etc.) Each week
    different challenge per member
    · (you will put 1 in the excel spreadsheet)

· BONUS POINTS

o Daily Exercise – If every team member logs the daily exercise as doing it for all 6 days
    Mon – Sat. You may award your TEAM an extra 5 points

o Weekly Challenges – if every team member log the weekly challenge as doing it for all 6
    days Mon – Sat. You may award your TEAM an extra 5 points

Each week you will email me your Team Name and your total points! This is all honor based so please
    be honest and encourage your team to be honest.

That’s it. The next email coming later this weekend will be the team challenges. Let’s Step It UP in
    SEPTEMBER AND GO TRIBAL!

LET'S KICK SOME TRIBAL BUTT!!!! :laugh:
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    Thank you for posting and keeping us up to date! :) Let's kick it!!! :wink:
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    bump
  • laurielou04
    Options
    woot woot!!! almost time girls :)
  • laurielou04
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

we have Week 1 challenges! I wanted to get these to you now so you would have a chance to look them over before the challenge starts. :) I should have the spreadsheet tomorrow. Please message me weights by wednesday.

THESE ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1. more youtube videos will be posted tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights) + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run.
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 50 Crunches + 50 Toe Touches
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiDNLfNKBYA&playnext=1&list=PL41F287FEDA882B18 )
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches + 2 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!
    *******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
    THESE ARE THE ADVANCED EXERCISES! I will post the youtube videos tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!
    Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 5 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 7 - Rest! You deserve it!
    *******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

Youtube videos will be coming shortly. :)

Here we go ladies!
  • megsaroo
    Options
    Do we get the same amount of points for doing the pygmy exercises as the bushman? Starting out I think I will only be able to do the pygmy ones, but maybe I will try the advanced?
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm pumped for this!! Sounds challenging.