100 push-up challenge, 200 Sit up Challenge and the 200 Squa

Options
124»

Replies

• shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Did W4 L3 D1 of the 200 squat challenge and did 171 total. Did 50 in the final set which I found really hard so 200 still feeling a long way off! Also discovered there is another exhaustion test at the end of this week, not looking forward to that!!

Also did W1, D2, L2 of the push-ups (from the knees) and did 38 total.
  • science_star
    Options
    You've inspired my to do this again. I completed the 200 sit-ups last year... then got pregnant, had a baby, and need to start all over again!

I've just started being much more careful about what I eat and am starting to build-up my fitness.
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    HI! I just came across this...I think I'd like to join in!! :)

I'll have to see tonight what I can do for a starting point. I can tell you for sure that I can't do a single push-up!!
  • shoppie
    Options
    miracleminded - having been working at it for about 6 months I can now do 3 push-ups properly (wow! :laugh: ) that's why I'm doing the challenge from my knees - I thought if I can get up to 100 from there I could maybe get to the end then try again with teh full length version :laugh:

I may start doing the sit-ups somewhere along the way, but I am doing 40 - 60 mins of either aerobics or circuit training on top of this and having 3 kids aged 5 and under so struggling to fit it all in!!
  • TeacherMamaJen
    TeacherMamaJen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Can only do 10 knee pushups right now.
  • miracleminded1
    Options
    Thanks for that, shoppie!! I'm amazed by your stick-to-it-iveness!! :)

I was once upon a time in the Army Reserves. I went through Basic Training. Push ups were always my weakest thing. I couldn't do a single one when I arrived at Basic Training (women had to be able to do at least one to enter basic training) so I had to first go to Fitness Training Company. It took me a month and a half of working out every day to get up to 1 push up. So, I spent 8 weeks at FTC before I could do the 6 pushups required to leave there and move on to Basic Training.

I was a whopping 19 years old back then. Wow. I also gained 10 pounds of pure muscle. Left home weighing 125 and came home weighing 135. The drill sargeants made me eat other people's potatoes and rice to try to make me gain weight, and people called me Olive Oyl. My, my, how things have changed!!

So, yeah -- I have noodle arms!! My abs have always been my strongest thing...then legs...then arms. And my legs aren't so great either, lemme tell ya!! I think the squat challenge is just what the doctor ordered, for someone like me!

Thanks for the idea of doing the whole thing on my knees...I may try that because otherwise it might be pretty discouraging!!
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Let me start by saying you all are doing so amazing! Newbies to the Challenge! You all are so advanced I have to catch up with you especially since I have very little upper body strength. I

Saturday: 130 Squats w/ weights, 12 push ups on the toes, and 100 Ab's in class and 10 rolling planks
    Sunday: 100 Squats, 100 AB's and worked arms with Bob Harper
    Monday: 230 Squats using various weights, 120 AB's and 15 push ups.
    Tuesday: 100 Squats, 120 AB's and 20 push ups
    Wedsday: 230 Squats, 180 AB's not including Pilates and 10 push ups plus 10 rolling planks

Sorry guys I have been lazy with the push ups next week I will take it up a few notches.
  • shoppie
    Options
    Not happy - been unwell last 2 days so not able to do the challenges. Not sure if I should repeat a day or just try to carry on, guess I'll see how long it lasts.
  • shoppie
    Options
    Hey everybody, felt better this morning so got straight onto it before my body could change its mind!!

Did W1, L2, D3 of the push-ups. did a total of 45, and 14 in the final set. Found the final set very tough I have to say!! Should be onto week 2 tomorrow, though will prob leave my workout till Tues now to have a bit of a rest between the workouts.

Did W4, L3, D2 of the squats. did a total of 197, 55 in the final set. Again, the final set was hard, but I am amazed at clocking up 197. Obviously I know I had rests but that is close to the final total we are working towards - woot! :bigsmile:
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    MFP’s I need your support - I have started the following three challenges 100 push-up challenge, 200 Sit up Challenge and the 200 Squat Challenge and I need you all to do it with me to make me more accountable. Please Note: We are not doing all 100 or 200 at once but we are working towards that number in small increments weekly and this will help us to get stronger and helps us to reach our fitness goals.

If you have not yet joined the challenge, you still can and post here if you are interested in joining the challenge. You can either do any one of the Challenges or all three if this is too easy I challenge you to do the challenge with us 3 times a week and customize it to challenge yourself. Here are the websites for each of them

http://www.hundredpushups.com

http://www.twohundredsquats.com http://www.twohundredsitups.com

What do you do next? (1) Print the initial test (2) After you take the test based on your fitness level print out only the weeks that you need for instance for the sit up challenge since I was able to do 100 yesterday, there was no need for me to start with weeks 1-3 therefore I have modified the program to fit me since I do both an AB’s and Pilates class my core is pretty strong so I am doing 100 regular sit ups and 100 sit ups with a twist to work the oblique’s for the squats, I also modified them to my fitness level yesterday I did 75 so I will just do 100 a day except on days where I have Body Pump because this new routine has a lot of squats so yesterday I actually did 75 at home and a million at the health club.

(3) See how many you can comfortably do that is the key if you are already athletic, maybe those numbers are too low for you, just double them or adjust them to fit your individual needs this is not a rigid challenge. Side notes: You don't have to do the push ups on your toes the knees are fine but the goal is to get on those toes but your goal can be to stay on the knees either way, you benefit my goal is on the toes. I am so excited about our challenge if you are doing this you are taking yourself to the next level!

Push ups always sound intimidating but most of us have taken the initial test however today, take the initial test and tomorrow start based on where you fit or at week 1 also we rest for a couple of seconds before our next set of push ups and soon, we won’t have to rest. It really exciting to have accountability partners like you all and I encourage you if you are doing one of challenge, try two, two try three unless you have health issues that prevent any of them.

Brilliant, but you are only using certain muscles. Why not try hindo press ups, you only need to do about 10, they kill and they work.. Youtube them, but you need to lower your back and bring your head up, then reverse, dont just bring your head back, but drop it do the floor and bring your chin back along the floor.... worth a try!! xx
  • shoppie
    Options
    Hi, today I did:
    W4, L3, D3 squats, total 225. 60 in final set which was really hard going!! Exhaustion test tomorrow night.

W2, L2, D1 push-ups, 51 total, 15 in final set. Nice to see total number nearly at the halfway mark and only on week 2. Again, found final set of 15 hard going though tbh, I did 14 in the final set of w1D3 so tbh had been hoping to do more but my body was feeling it enough I felt!

Oh and I'm not too worried about only using certain muscles as I workout loads with a broad variety of exercise DVDs, this is just to give my body an extra challenge, push-ups (and form the knees too!) are more than hard enough for me atm without worrying about somehting even harder!!
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing great!

Sunday September 19th - Pilates - no squats & 30 push ups

Monday: 160 Squats, Push ups 30, Body Combat Class, Situps instead I did Pilates

Tuesday: Body Combat, Walking Push ups lost count about 16 or so plus 20 extra

Wednesday: 200 AB's, 10 Push ups and 130 Squats

Thursday: Will do 150 Squats and Spin Class
  • shoppie
    Options
    Seem to have inadvertently missed one, but never mind W2, L2, D3 - total 61, max in final set 16.

Did my squats exhaustion test yesterday and did 61, so onto W5, L3 tomorrow!
  • shoppie
    Options
    push-ups exhaustion test - managed 22 straight which I was really chuffed with! :bigsmile: It keeps me at level 2 going into week 3.

Did W5, L3, D1 for the squats, total 235, 60 in final set. Finally feeling fully recovered from my bug so felt like I had loads of energy and tbh on the final set could easily have kept going but the min was 54 so got to 60 and thought 'that'll do!' :laugh:
  • shoppie
    Options
    Squats - Did W5, L3, D2 - 27,27, 32, 32, 24, 24, 30, 68 - total 261. Felt like way more than that because of the 8 sets instead of 5. Final set was really tough, my bum was killing me!!

Push-ups - Did w3, D2, L2, found it really hard so am suffering I think for my lack of dilligence on ensuring I get all the push-ups done 3 times per week - my strength is not increasing at the same rate as the number of push-ups! anyway, I did manage 81 total., 20 in final set.
  • shoppie
    Options
    W3, L2, D3 of the push-ups. Did a total of 91 with 24 in the final set. Found that final set incredibly tough, was hoping for another exhaustion test as I feel as if I need to drop a level, but no such luck, straight onto week 4 for me! 100 straight still seems a verrrrrrrrrrrry long way off!

W5, L3, D3 of the squats. Found 8 sets of them tedious to be brutally honest. Did a total of 283, with 75 in the final set. That's cos I sneaked a peak and the minimum to pass the next exhaustion test is 75 so now I know I'm good for it :bigsmile:

Exhaustion test on the squats tomorrow, so will move on to W4, D1 of the push-ups - I'm not feeling tooo confident about actually physically making it through W4 but I will try!!