Sixers Holiday Challenge Week 5

Options
13»

Replies

• PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Katy, good for you! You're our hero :flowerforyou:

Amy, Deb, it's a rough pill to swallow!! And yes Deb, it's INCREDIBLE how quickly that weight creeps back. I know that I'm at risk for really getting bummed out about sliding back so I've decided that I'm going to hide my scale and just take a few weeks of pushing myself back into my pre-holiday routine before I check on my scale status. I weighed myself today but it's TOM and I'd had a big glass of water already and I hadn't used the washroom so who knows. I'm about what I was at the start of this challenge though based on this weigh-in :grumble:

Alright, my monkeys are looking for breakfast. I'll check in later tonight when I make my meal plan for tomorrow!!! :heart: you gys! Don't let this downer get you to stop posting. This is when we REALLY need each other!!
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    I am with you on this! Hiding the scale until I get back into a routine of some sort. I wont be able to make it back to Weight Watchers for another 2 weeks so that will give me time to revamp all together. I just went and bought a new pair of workout pants with a gift card I got for my birthday from my brother. I got new running shoes for my birthday too so I have no excuses! I also went and used another gift card and got 2 pairs of jeans that are a size too small but on major sale from $88 down to $17.99 so I could not pass them up! These are my motivation tools. They are hanging in my room on my mirror as a reminder each day

So here are my goals!
    1. start running program so that I can run the St Patty's Day Dash 5K with my cousin in Seattle WA
    2. fitting into my size 12 jeans I just got
    3. making it to the gym 5 times per week
    4. cutting out most processed foods

I happen to be lucky in the fact that I love to drink water so no problems on that end. And this all starts tomorrow. I am not waiting for the end of the year. I will weigh in tomorrow and then not again until Jan 5. 2009! Yikes! 2009 already.
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one going through this slump. Me and even hubby have been checking our weights. I'm up and he stayed the same. We ate with families all weekend. Then my jaw started hurting and I'm sick on top of everything. Thank goodness TOM just left on Friday. I have felt like crap and don't feel like shopping, so we're eating all the crap around the house, and it's not good stuff. But hey, I'm not going to beat myself up. I'm going to gain control back and get this weight off. I will definately be at goal by New Years next year 2010. Plus, that will be the year we celebrate our 10 yr anniversary, so there's a better goal to achieve!:smile:

Well, tomorrow it's back to work for a couple of days and then off for another long weekend. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the night. Later.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    was doing great until DH made these to die for cappacinio cookies. they are now gone :happy: good luck everyone getting back on track. i learned a few lessons this holiday time. will be in place for next year.
    later
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    set alarm for 6, got up went to gym and did a workout and stopped by store to get some tea bags, and now i am home cleaning from the Christmas week. just me and DH (he's awake too). son is back to work, the gym felt so good. it was rough at first, that last day i went was Christmas eve. had done the wii fitness pal.
    well off to finish my cleaning and start my tall stack of laundry and just play on my nintendo ds. son bought me a game and i am really into it.
    hope everyone is doing good. weigh in tomorrow. i know i am weighing, no matter what it says, i can't hide from it. life happens and life goes on. for me it keeps me in check. when those numbers are going up i have to put a stop to it. i mysef can't ignore it. otherwise i will continue to ingnore the scale and that's how i got to 286. it makes it real for me.

later.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning gals! Sorry I haven't been on since...OMG...last Tuesday! And I really am not going to go on and on about how good and bad I was...it would take me hours to recap the entire long weekend. I did weigh myself on Friday and was up 1 pound, which I'm really not too upset about. I know my body has been retaining all the aweful stuff I ate...but I did work out every day except Thursday (the gym was closed).

So...I need to get to some work, let me put together my meal plan, and I'll BBL!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!! Hoping you all had great holidays! My holiday season has been challenging on many levels, but I'm working through it. I've eaten way too much but hoping I haven't gained back too much. Time will tell.... weigh in tomorrow!!

Have a wonderful Monday!!! :flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Just saying hi :happy: More to do today. I am starting to feel the blues that come with the last couple of days of my Mama's visit though :frown: But we'll enjoy the heck out of it in the mean time! :heart:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Here's the meal plan for today:

Breakfast
    Bananas - Raw, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) 105
    Old Orchard - Healthy Balance Pomegranate Cranberry, 8 FL OZ 29
    One A Day - Womens Multi Vitamin, 1 tablet 0
    Flavorite - Instant Oatmeal Cinnamon & Spice, 1 packet 170
    Splenda - Brown Sugar Blend, 1 tsp 16
    Total breakfast 320

AM snacks
    Kashi Tlc - Baked Apple Spice Cereal Bar, 1 Bar 110
    Coffee - ground, 2 cup 0
    Nestle Coffee Mate - Coffee Creamer (Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel), 2 tbsp 30
    Total AM snacks 140

Lunch
    Turkey&Cheese Sandwich, 1 meal 138
    Diet Coke - Soft Drink, 6 fl. oz. 0
    Carrots - Baby, 14 pieces 35
    Ae Yo-Lite Yogurt - Yogurt, 6 oz 80
    Alfalfa seeds - Sprouted, raw, 1 cup 10
    Total lunch 263

Afternoon snacks
    Tangerines, (mandarin oranges) - Raw, 2 small (2-1/4" dia) 74
    Kashi - TLC Crunchy Granola Bars - Roasted Almond Crunch, 2 bars 180
    Total afternoon snacks 254

Dinner
    Tilapia - Fish, 4 oz. (1 filet) 98
    Potatoes - Red, flesh and skin, baked, 1 potato medium (2-1/4" to 3-1/4" dia) 154
    Giant - Cut Green Beans Frozen, 2/3 cup 30
    Total dinner 282

PM snacks
    Depends on remaining calories!

Total: 1,259
    Your Daily Goal: 1,200
    Remaining: -59

Exercise plan: 1/2 hour run, 1 hour BodyPump

So...today should be good...and that's SO good...because I need a good day! I am going to start the new thread for tomorrow "Sixers Holiday Challenge Week 6" The FINAL week!!!!! Look for it ladies!!!

I'll check back later!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Ugh.... preliminary weigh in shows I've gained 3.5lbs over the holiday
    :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
    :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:
    :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Whaddya gonna do? Might as well laugh about it.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Right on Lauryn! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: And no worries....you will get right back to it!!!!!!!!!!
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Here I am . I did weigh in this morning. I am not happy about it. I will be away from the scale and out of town for a week at the coast for New Years. I hope to come back and show a loss. I am also hoping to get in alot of running while I am there.

Only a few more days of 2008. Cant wait to leave this year behind and start a better and more successful one!

Amy
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    set alarm for 6, got up went to gym and did a workout and stopped by store to get some tea bags, and now i am home cleaning from the Christmas week. just me and DH (he's awake too). son is back to work, the gym felt so good. it was rough at first, that last day i went was Christmas eve. had done the wii fitness pal.
    well off to finish my cleaning and start my tall stack of laundry and just play on my nintendo ds. son bought me a game and i am really into it.
    hope everyone is doing good. weigh in tomorrow. i know i am weighing, no matter what it says, i can't hide from it. life happens and life goes on. for me it keeps me in check. when those numbers are going up i have to put a stop to it. i mysef can't ignore it. otherwise i will continue to ingnore the scale and that's how i got to 286. it makes it real for me.

later.

Great job Cathy, You have such dedication and strength. And that would probably explain why you have lost 77 pounds. Keep it up!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Well ladies...I am getting ready to leave work and head to the gym! I am going to bump up the new thread I started in case any of you want to post there before tomorrow...if not, look for it in the A.M.!!!!

Good night ladies! And I'll talk to y'all tomorrow!!!