Team Truffle Shufflers! September Challenge (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• hefinator
    Options
    HELLO LADIES!!!
    My apologies for not getting an update posted yesterday, but better late than never!!
    FROM EACH OF YOU, I NEED:
    ending weight for week1
    if you completed the team challenge (1 bear walk for at least 3 minutes)
    if you completed the daily challenges (over 64 oz of water, under calories, and completed exercise challenges)
    If you all could post your results, that would be fabulous!! then i can get the spreadsheet updated for the 1st week and we can get started on the 2nd week.

I will start with the updates:
    End weight - no change (didn't lost anything, but didn't gain either! Thank heavens!)
    Team challenge - completed on Saturday!
    Daily Challenges - completed all days!

my next post will be the exercise challenges for week 2!! good luck ladies, and lets kick some butt!!

-Holly
  • hefinator
    Options
    CHALLENGE EXERCISE!!!!
    remember ladies, more info on the challenge exercises, and the videos that accompany them, can be found on Gary's MFP Challenges blog: http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/

The weekly team challenge is listed at the very bottom!! IT IS NOT AN EASY ONE! Please let me know if you have any questions on any of the challenges!!!

Here you go!

Welcome to Week 2 you are the PYGYMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as
    necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!
    Day 1 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run
    Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    Day 3 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run
    Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    Day 5 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run
    Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 4.5 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 Still sure you can’t do a 5K? Next week we’re going to see

Welcome to Week 2 you are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.
    Day 1 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)
    Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)
    Day 3 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)
    Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)
    Day 5 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)
    Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)
    Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Week Two Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week. For each day you do a 5K (3.1 miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)
  • cj2lose
    cj2lose Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm checking in for week 1!

End weight - 170.8 A 2.2 loss!
    Team challenge - completed all workouts and was under my calorie goal everyday, along with water intake.
    Daily Challenges - Only once.
  • vampee
    vampee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My updates for last week...

weight at 240 for a 3 pound loss
    complete all thedaily challanges
    completed the team challange on Friday (I think)
    was under in calories everyday
    drank 64 ounces of H20 everyday

Yay :bigsmile:

Bring on the second week, but I have a feeling it's gonna be a butt kicker. :tongue:
  • vampee
    vampee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    LOL...When I stated, "I think" in the above post....I meant I think it was done on Friday but it may have been on Saturday. When I see the post now it sort of looks like I didn't know if I did or did not do the bear walk.
  • trout3063
    trout3063 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    End of Week one check in: current weight 179, 2 lb loss
    did the team challenge (bear walk)

Managed to drink my water and eat under goal (sometimes it was sure close!!)
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    End weight - 250.9 (It's Francesca's week to visit....)
    Team challenge - I tried the bear crawl every day, but couldn't do it :( I got the water down though and 3 of the 4 days I was under calories.
    Daily Challenges - completed all days!
  • Maggiedc
    Options
    End Weight: Same 0lb loss
    Calories: Water Yes...Calories No :( Sorry ladies
    Exercises: Yes...no bear crawl though
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    ending weight for week1
    if you completed the team challenge (1 bear walk for at least 3 minutes)
    if you completed the daily challenges (over 64 oz of water, under calories, and completed exercise challenges)

weight: 202.7 (i totally gained!!! but that's from water retention i think, i mean, i hope...)
    did not do the bear walk, sorry girls :(...
    yes on water, no under calories, yes on exercise challenges.

and i can't wait to do at least 3.1 miles every day! i will make up for last week! i promise :).

edited to add weight, after reading realized weigh in would be on sunday (rest day).
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week. For each day you do a 5K (3.1 miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

So far, I've earned us 2 bonus points ladies!! It's my way of making up for the points lost last week ;)
    Yesterday I walked/jogged in place for a total of 3.8 miles and today I walked/jogged in place for a total of 5 miles!!!! ^_^
    I'm on a roll!! haha
  • hefinator
    Options

So far, I've earned us 2 bonus points ladies!! It's my way of making up for the points lost last week ;)
    Yesterday I walked/jogged in place for a total of 3.8 miles and today I walked/jogged in place for a total of 5 miles!!!! ^_^
    I'm on a roll!! haha

WAY TO GO!!! I'm a little slacking on the extra walks. My BF leaves tomorrow for 2 weeks, so i will definitely be upping my exercises and get in a TON of walking to make up for it!!!
  • hefinator
    Options
    How are you all doing?! everyone working hard?! How is everyone liking the exercises!?
    I think i might mix it up between Pygmy and Bushmen next week!! will be a good way to keep things moving and mix things up a lot!!

As far as the team goes, I have a couple people that have not checked in. I would like to hear from them by the end of today. I've sent multiple emails. If you know someone who would liek to join the challenge, please send me a PM. we may have room for them on our team soon!
  • trout3063
    trout3063 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    How are you all doing?! everyone working hard?! How is everyone liking the exercises!?
    I think i might mix it up between Pygmy and Bushmen next week!! will be a good way to keep things moving and mix things up a lot!!

As far as the team goes, I have a couple people that have not checked in. I would like to hear from them by the end of today. I've sent multiple emails. If you know someone who would liek to join the challenge, please send me a PM. we may have room for them on our team soon!

I'm liking that there ARE planned exercises to do...I am NOT liking swimmer presses on the same day as 21's....those 21's kill! I could hardly lift my barbells for the last 5....and then I had to do the others in order to return to the swimmer presses....ug!

But I"m finding this week to be getting easier to eat the target calories (or much less) Easier meaning I don't feel like I"m starving! So I must be choosing good, filling foods :0) I plan to earn an extra point tonight as tonight is my couch to 5 k run, coupled with the additonal 1.5 miler so I'll earn that bonus point not problem!

Here's a new issue ya'll might be able to help me with....I am trying to figure out how many steps on my elliptical could equate to a mile....My step length on the machine fluctuates between 18 and 20 inches....and when I try to do the math it comes back that I need over 3,000 steps in order to walk a mile?? I worked it hard for 45 minutes this morning and only got about 2000-ish steps??? There is NO way that I couldn't have walked a mile in that time! So I think I"m doing the math wrong...any math geeks out there that can help me figure out what I"m doing wrong or better yet just tell me how many steps would equal a mile? ;-)
  • MacSkillz
    Options

I'm liking that there ARE planned exercises to do...I am NOT liking swimmer presses on the same day as 21's....those 21's kill! I could hardly lift my barbells for the last 5....and then I had to do the others in order to return to the swimmer presses....ug!

But I"m finding this week to be getting easier to eat the target calories (or much less) Easier meaning I don't feel like I"m starving! So I must be choosing good, filling foods :0) I plan to earn an extra point tonight as tonight is my couch to 5 k run, coupled with the additonal 1.5 miler so I'll earn that bonus point not problem!

Here's a new issue ya'll might be able to help me with....I am trying to figure out how many steps on my elliptical could equate to a mile....My step length on the machine fluctuates between 18 and 20 inches....and when I try to do the math it comes back that I need over 3,000 steps in order to walk a mile?? I worked it hard for 45 minutes this morning and only got about 2000-ish steps??? There is NO way that I couldn't have walked a mile in that time! So I think I"m doing the math wrong...any math geeks out there that can help me figure out what I"m doing wrong or better yet just tell me how many steps would equal a mile? ;-)

Do you know what your speed is? Is it at 3.5 or 4 mph?
  • Maggiedc
    Options
    Holly I've been switching between pygmy and bushmen and holy man its tough, but I love it! Even though I thought my arms were going to fall off last night doing the 3 sets! Hope everyone is doing well!!! Its been a great challenge so far....I'll leave the elliptical math up to the peeps with the more engineering type jobs :) or I'll have it all messed up!
  • So on Thursday and Friday last week I walked four miles, and have done the same yesterday and today (basically every weekday will be that much as I walk my daughter to school). I thought I only lost a pound, but weigh in today said I'm down from 246.5 to 245!
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    I have to do more woodchops today?!?! I think I wanna cry! My legs/abs STILL hurt from doing them on Tuesday. :( Just need to remember to take it slow and stretch stretch stretch before and after!!
  • Maggiedc
    Options
    I agree MacSkillz...I am so sore...and you've really been kicking *kitten* on the 5K challenge!
  • MacSkillz
    Options
    I agree MacSkillz...I am so sore...and you've really been kicking *kitten* on the 5K challenge!

Thanks Maggie! A few weeks ago I set a challenge for myself - walk the distance between my house in RI and my grandmother's house in FL before I get married on 10/27/12. It's a total of 1,300 miles. So, in order to achieve that goal, I need to walk a minimum of 3 miles a day. So this 5K a day already fits into my daily routine! haha
    Plus, my fiance and I have already planned about an 8 mile walk for this weekend! We will be parking at an entrance for a bike path that leads to a historical mill, which will be 4 miles. Then we will take a tour of the mill because we haven't been there since elementary school, and then after the tour, walk back to our car which is parked 4 miles away! I'm so excited about it! I just hope that the weather cooperates!
  • hefinator
    Options

Thanks Maggie! A few weeks ago I set a challenge for myself - walk the distance between my house in RI and my grandmother's house in FL before I get married on 10/27/12. It's a total of 1,300 miles. So, in order to achieve that goal, I need to walk a minimum of 3 miles a day. So this 5K a day already fits into my daily routine! haha
    Plus, my fiance and I have already planned about an 8 mile walk for this weekend! We will be parking at an entrance for a bike path that leads to a historical mill, which will be 4 miles. Then we will take a tour of the mill because we haven't been there since elementary school, and then after the tour, walk back to our car which is parked 4 miles away! I'm so excited about it! I just hope that the weather cooperates!

YOU ARE FANTASTIC!!!! all of you, way to go girls!! I think you are all doing a fantastic job. i feel like i've let you guys down, since i haven't been doing 5k a day, but i'll be back on track today and get in some extra miles over the weekend to make up for it!!

If any of you know of anyone who would like to join our challenge/team, let me know. i have 2 spots now open on our team!! :)